G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Speedo shopping now. I need to pick your brain.

Questions about buying speedos - ask them here. If you manufacture or sell speedos - feel free to post about them in this area.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

jca155
Canada

Speedo shopping now. I need to pick your brain.

Post by jca155 » Fri May 08, 2020 2:58 pm

Hey guys,

I am planning to buy a couple of speedos, hoping to wear them to my swim after the pandemic.

I have got a couple of questions. Wish you guys can help:

1. I am debating between:
a. Speedo Endurance+ 7cm Brief;
b. Speedo Men's Placement 7cm Brief; or
c. Speedo Fitness Solar 1" Brief
How do you guys compare them and how would you pick? More importantly, why?

2. Has anyone tried Aquarapid? How are their briefs?

3. Same as Q2, has anyone tried Amanzi?

4. Does anyone know where in Canada, preferably Vancouver area, I can buy a pair of Adidas three stripes? I really want to get a pair because I think that's a staple all guys should have in their drawer.

5. More on Adidas. I saw a couple of great design on their UK site. Unfortunately, no one outside of UK is allowed to shop on that site (Adidas' Canadian site has a mediocre swimwear section). Given I have no close friend living in UK, what's the best way to buy an Adidas UK product, without flying to UK myself?

I am looking forward to the inputs from you guys.

Thanks!
Johnny
Johnny in Vancouver

jca155
Canada

Re: Speedo shopping now. I need to pick your brain.

Post by jca155 » Fri May 08, 2020 3:09 pm

By the way, I am open to any suggestions of what I should get.

Maybe it's a good idea to tell you guys what I have so far:
IMG_0866.jpg
IMG_0866.jpg (104.86 KiB) Viewed 6911 times
This is a pair of Speedo 3' I bought almost 11 years ago. They are fine but the side seam is too thick. Not my favourite style.

That was my only pair of speedo until two months ago, when I bought two Budgy Smugglers:

IMG_0864.jpg
IMG_0864.jpg (107.21 KiB) Viewed 6911 times
IMG_0865.jpg
IMG_0865.jpg (104.7 KiB) Viewed 6911 times

I am open to any suggestions that would add variety to my collection.

Thanks guys!
Johnny
Johnny in Vancouver

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Mon May 11, 2020 1:33 am

jca155 wrote:Hey guys,

I am planning to buy a couple of speedos, hoping to wear them to my swim after the pandemic.

I have got a couple of questions. Wish you guys can help:

1. I am debating between:
a. Speedo Endurance+ 7cm Brief;
b. Speedo Men's Placement 7cm Brief; or
c. Speedo Fitness Solar 1" Brief
How do you guys compare them and how would you pick? More importantly, why?

2. Has anyone tried Aquarapid? How are their briefs?

3. Same as Q2, has anyone tried Amanzi?

4. Does anyone know where in Canada, preferably Vancouver area, I can buy a pair of Adidas three stripes? I really want to get a pair because I think that's a staple all guys should have in their drawer.

5. More on Adidas. I saw a couple of great design on their UK site. Unfortunately, no one outside of UK is allowed to shop on that site (Adidas' Canadian site has a mediocre swimwear section). Given I have no close friend living in UK, what's the best way to buy an Adidas UK product, without flying to UK myself?

I am looking forward to the inputs from you guys.

Thanks!
Johnny
Hi Johnny,

Hope you are well.

If you are after Adidas try the following site.

www.swimwear4men.com

Or let me know which designs you are looking at and I will try and help out. But this might be after lockdown .

I have sent trunks to a friend in Canada as gifts over the last 12 months. All of them were Adidas.

https://www.adidas.co.uk/men-swim_trunk ... -to-oldest

Take care and speak to you very soon.

Speedoaddict.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Love speedos, running shorts, rugby shorts, Aussie rules footy shorts.

jca155
Canada

Post by jca155 » Mon May 11, 2020 2:24 pm

Thank you so much speedoaddict! I will keep your offering in mind and reach out to you if I am planning to get anything from the Adidas UK store.

I took a look at swimwear4men.com. I found a pair of black three stripes with 3.25" side seam and another pair with 2.25" side seam.

I would like to get the 2.25" pair but they only have XXL left. Although they state "very small for size, we recommend one size bigger", I still wonder if it's still too big for my 38" waist,.

Meanwhile, I also found a pair of Adidas black three stripes on this website. It has my size but I am reluctant to order now because I don't know if this is the pair with 3.25" out seam or the pair with 2.25".
https://www.swiminn.com/swimming/adidas ... 37040285/p

Do you mind taking a look for me?

Thanks!
Johnny
Johnny in Vancouver

landoffrozensheep
Great Britain

Post by landoffrozensheep » Wed May 13, 2020 10:43 am

I can help out also if needed, other trick is ebay.co.uk, you might find someone willing to ship to you in Canada, Sportsdirect might also ship internationally

jca155
Canada

Post by jca155 » Wed May 13, 2020 11:32 am

landoffrozensheep wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 10:43 am
I can help out also if needed, other trick is ebay.co.uk, you might find someone willing to ship to you in Canada, Sportsdirect might also ship internationally
I found a pair of black Adidas three stripes on Sportsdirect. Unfortunately, they are not shipping internationally during the pandemic. Hopefully they will reopen soon.

Meanwhile, I will take a look at eBay.co.uk.

Thanks for the tips!
Johnny in Vancouver

landoffrozensheep
Great Britain

Post by landoffrozensheep » Wed May 13, 2020 11:58 am

No worries, your welcome :)

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Wed May 13, 2020 1:08 pm

jca155 wrote:Thank you so much speedoaddict! I will keep your offering in mind and reach out to you if I am planning to get anything from the Adidas UK store.

I took a look at swimwear4men.com. I found a pair of black three stripes with 3.25" side seam and another pair with 2.25" side seam.

I would like to get the 2.25" pair but they only have XXL left. Although they state "very small for size, we recommend one size bigger", I still wonder if it's still too big for my 38" waist,.

Meanwhile, I also found a pair of Adidas black three stripes on this website. It has my size but I am reluctant to order now because I don't know if this is the pair with 3.25" out seam or the pair with 2.25".
https://www.swiminn.com/swimming/adidas ... 37040285/p

Do you mind taking a look for me?

Thanks!
Johnny
Hi Johnny,

Those trunks from swiminn are a 3” side. I have about 14 pairs in different colours.

I am a 38” waist and the XL fits ok, a bit snug but ok. If you want a bit of extra room then go XXL.

I have attached some pic to this post of the same model Adidas swim brief in different colours. So you can make a better choice on the sizing.

Let me know how you get on.

Speedoaddict. [IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202005 ... 29f71.jpeg[/IMG]
[IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202005 ... c1f58.jpeg[/IMG]
[IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202005 ... a8f5c.jpeg[/IMG]
[IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202005 ... e1790.jpeg[/IMG]

jca155
Canada

Post by jca155 » Wed May 13, 2020 1:28 pm

Oh wow speedoaddict! They all look good on you!

I found this pair on Sports Direct. It looks like a 2.25” to me but I may need an extra set of eyes to take a look. They only have black for now but it’s good enough for me.
https://www.sportsdirect.com/adidas-inf ... ens-352368

Unfortunately, Sports Direct is suspending international shipping during the pandemic. I will place my order as soon as they reopen to international customers.

Cheers!
Johnny
Johnny in Vancouver

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Wed May 13, 2020 3:05 pm

Hi Johnny,

Those are the 3”, the 2.25” are listed by Adidas as 6cm which is the boys version. Hope this helps.

Speedoaddict.

jca155
Canada

Post by jca155 » Wed May 13, 2020 3:31 pm

Speedoaddict wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 3:05 pm
Hi Johnny,

Those are the 3”, the 2.25” are listed by Adidas as 6cm which is the boys version. Hope this helps.

Speedoaddict.

I see! There’s no way I can fit into a boys swim brief. Lol :lol:

Thanks for that! :)
Johnny in Vancouver

sapspeedo
Canada

Post by sapspeedo » Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:39 pm

try amazon. I think they have Adidas. or ebay?

Obe1
United States of America

Post by Obe1 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:50 am

Johnny, welcome to the party.

5-7 cm Speedo Endurance off USA EBay, I have around 10 pair I bought from a seller in the UK I think, Reasonable and fast shipping she will combine shipping too. The fabric holds up well to the chlorine and or salt pools. I have only great things to say about Addis ... love the look especially on the divers.. maybe the divers too... dam inter voice of mine slipping out. My 1st choice when I head to the pool or hot tube when I am overnighting in my trips 3 times a week.

I also have the Solar, they seem to fit tighter than the 5-7 cm in same size. As I aged I think my belly grew some and ass shrunk some. I was never blessed with a bubble butt like some guys are. I tend to wear a narrower size brief but sometimes like a wider side Aussiebum League or LowRider. My 2nd choice in my overnight bag, Or I go open water diving. These are lined suits and don’t go transparent when wet. Traditional Assuiebum I have for years, and their chorine resistance brief, can’t remember the name, I still wear and holds up well. Can’t buy it anymore, but it is a euro cut. Cover entire bottom and hint of crack at the top. If a bubble butt well that would be a show off suit.

Two manufacturers I would recommend if daily swimming.

Q swimwear polo
Hardcore Sports Euro brief

These suits are indestructible. I have both brands and as with Turbo they are thicker and more durable. You pay more but the quality’s top notch.

Q swimwear has sales all the time. 50% off and made to order. Sizing, pay attention to the sizing chart use a tape flex ruler, and I measure where I wear the suit.

I prefer a tighter fitting suit myself. Speedo normal sizing is sometimes loose. 35 would be my size, I wear a 34 or 32 in Speedo.

Good luck, stay wet... I miss swimming at the gym this last year and I paying for it daily. I have a horrible back condition and water makes it feel so much better. My job I sit way to much hrs at a time, that doesn’t help either.

Good luck

Tex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Obe1
United States of America

Post by Obe1 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:48 am