G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Sluggers - Worth a Try?

Questions about buying speedos - ask them here. If you manufacture or sell speedos - feel free to post about them in this area.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

speedostud
Canada

Sluggers - Worth a Try?

Post by speedostud » Fri May 15, 2020 8:09 am

slug.jpg
slug.jpg (52.85 KiB) Viewed 9629 times

FYI - If you haven't tried these, I love the fit of them - but not sure they are for everyone?!?! They have cool prints, and best of all, they have 3 types of fit for different bodies, which is amazing. I love the Deetees, have half a dozen of them now and almost always my go-to. I've read the comments on their reviews and there seem to be a lot of confusion on the sizing, but not my experience. Anyone else tried them?

https://sluggers.com.au/

International shipping is not too expensive, and with the currency exchange to Australian dollars, they end up being fairly cheap too, like under $50 with shipping.
Last edited by speedostud on Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mazda3mps
Australia

Re: Sluggers - Worth a Try!

Post by Mazda3mps » Fri May 15, 2020 9:04 am

Oh really?

I couldn’t get a good fit from any Fit.

The small was baggy but XS was right up front. What size r u wearing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ReservedEnthusiast
Italy

Post by ReservedEnthusiast » Sun May 17, 2020 12:50 am

A friend of mine got a pair of Sluggers and loves them. He’s also a model and looks FREAKING AMAZING in them

SpeedoDan
Great Britain

Post by SpeedoDan » Sun May 17, 2020 1:51 am

I tried a pair once, their sizing was completely off, ended up returning them, but the owner of the company was really rude about it.

Mazda3mps
Australia

Post by Mazda3mps » Sun May 17, 2020 4:31 pm

SpeedoDan wrote:I tried a pair once, their sizing was completely off, ended up returning them, but the owner of the company was really rude about it.
I had the same problem with sizing. The comparison chart was way off.

But he wasn’t rude with me though, in fact very patient with back and forth emails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Red^^Speedo
United States of America

Post by Red^^Speedo » Tue May 19, 2020 11:11 am

I have three pairs and have been quite happy with cut, sizing, quality and customer service.

SpeedoDan
Great Britain

Post by SpeedoDan » Fri May 22, 2020 9:04 am

So I found the picture I used to send to Sluggers, when complaining about the sizing..

Behind is the Sluggers, a pair of the Deetees in XS, in front is a pair of S Team-m8 swim briefs!

You can clearly see the size difference. The Team-m8 briefs matched up to other brands size small well, so it was definitely the Sluggers that were off.
Attachments
Untitled-1.png
Untitled-1.png (644.23 KiB) Viewed 9333 times

phltanner
Bermuda

Post by phltanner » Fri May 22, 2020 12:23 pm

speedostud wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 8:09 am
FYI - If you haven't tried these, I love the fit of them. They have cool prints, and best of all, they have 3 types of fit for different bodies, which is amazing. I love the Deetees, have half a dozen of them now and almost always my go-to.

https://sluggers.com.au/
Speedostud, if u like them i'll have to try a pair!!

Mazda3mps
Australia

Post by Mazda3mps » Wed May 27, 2020 10:18 pm

SpeedoDan wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 9:04 am
So I found the picture I used to send to Sluggers, when complaining about the sizing..

Behind is the Sluggers, a pair of the Deetees in XS, in front is a pair of S Team-m8 swim briefs!

You can clearly see the size difference. The Team-m8 briefs matched up to other brands size small well, so it was definitely the Sluggers that were off.
teamm8 sizes are inconsistent too, had two colours in the same type, both in small but the blue pair was so much bigger

tanodle5
United States of America

Post by tanodle5 » Fri May 29, 2020 5:18 pm

I bought a "racerback" style suit from them a couple years ago. I'll echo other comments I've heard about the size being a bit too large. The suit I received is usable, but is looser than I'd prefer in some spots. I'll also add that the fabric (which seems more durable than most) is lacking the softness or stretchyness of my other suits. I far prefer wearing my Aussiebums, Speedos, or Turbos.

speedoluv
Singapore

Post by speedoluv » Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:25 pm

I have bought a pair to try and I did not really like the fitting. While the waist fitted well, I felt that there was too much material at the bum area and it was a big baggy! The material is not very stretchy so the fit is really important.

Mazda3mps
Australia

Post by Mazda3mps » Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:06 pm

speedoluv wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:25 pm
I have bought a pair to try and I did not really like the fitting. While the waist fitted well, I felt that there was too much material at the bum area and it was a big baggy! The material is not very stretchy so the fit is really important.
i had the same problem, even with the racerback style and down a size already. glad they were ok with returning.

BJE
United States of America

Re: Sluggers - Worth a Try?

Post by BJE » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:31 pm

Last edited by BJE on Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChicagoDan

Post by ChicagoDan » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:07 pm

BJE wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:31 pm
I have about 8 of them. I really like the fit. What works for me are small racerbacks. My normal pant size is 32.

Here is one of my favorites.
Those look great on you, BJE. Any issues with sagging some seem to have here?

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:39 pm

ChicagoDan wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:07 pm
BJE wrote:
I have about 8 of them. I really like the fit. What works for me are small racerbacks. My normal pant size is 32.

Those look great on you, BJE. Any issues with sagging some seem to have here?
I haven’t had a sagging problem but like I said I’m wearing a small which is smaller than my typical size. The next size up was baggy. These Racerbacks don’t really have any stretch whereas the DeeTees have stretch.

Sluggers
Australia

Post by Sluggers » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:26 pm

SpeedoDan wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 9:04 am

The ones in the back aren't DEETEES. They look to be either Classics or Racerbacks from our second collection - it's a different kind of string to what we use now. Those are quite old! Maybe from our 2015 release? Maybe we did them in DEETEES, but I don't think we did Blue Techno in DEETEES. I could be wrong! There's been so many prints since then.

There's really little point comparing brand sizes but we try to give an idea on the site. For example, I am a XXL in Aussiebum and a Large in Sluggers. I'm XL in Charlie and Mr Turk and a 22 in Speedo. A 36 in Ralph Lauren Jeans and a 32 in Nudie Jeans. I wear a large Calvin or Emporio brief and an XL Bonds. Size - like time - is relative. We have continuity in waist sizing across our cuts, but as I always say your waist is about 6 inches above your hips and there's three things between a man's hips and knees that can drastically change the fit of their swimmers!

As a guide we suggest to customers to buy their waist size based on their undies and choose a fit that suits their body type.

The Racers and Classics have no stretch as they are chlorine proof with no elastane in them. You can't really do a side by side comparison with a stretch fabric and a non stretch fabric and we're happy to refund if you don't get a good fit.

I do notice that a lot of the guys on this forum tend to like small and tight swimwear. That's not really our vibe. Our cuts are really modelled on the old school 70s and 80s speedos. We're an easy going brand. Just like me - built for comfort and not speed! haha

I hope that helps.

For USA customers we have a dedicated mailbox in California so you can return them and save on shipping. We pick up the shipping from USA to Australia. :)

Sluggers
Australia

Post by Sluggers » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:27 pm

BJE wrote:

You do make us look incredible.

Idaho
United States of America

Post by Idaho » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:52 am

I love my sluggers. The recommendation to buy your undies size is spot on. If I actually went off a waist measurement I’d be wearing a large which I tried and was too big. I wear a medium in the classics, but could get away with a small in the DEETEES cut.

Sluggers
Australia

Post by Sluggers » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:59 pm

Idaho wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:52 am
I love my sluggers. The recommendation to buy your undies size is spot on. If I actually went off a waist measurement I’d be wearing a large which I tried and was too big. I wear a medium in the classics, but could get away with a small in the DEETEES cut.
Thanks for the feedback! I wear a large in the Classics and can wear a medium in the DEETEES as well - but I feel more comfortable in the large DEETEES. :P

Idaho
United States of America

Post by Idaho » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:59 pm

I have noticed some small variations in the fit from one pair to the next. I chalk that up to the hand cut and sewn nature of it.

This morning I wore the Classics with the Dangerzones print. It was a little more daring with the 3cm sides instead of the usual 3”/7.5cm Nike briefs that I’ve been wearing. Super comfortable and the DEETEES are some of the comfiest swimmers I’ve worn.