G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

team suits

Questions about buying speedos - ask them here. If you manufacture or sell speedos - feel free to post about them in this area.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

speedorob86

team suits

Post by speedorob86 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:04 am

why are team suits so expensive (or get bid up to such a high price on ebay)?

is it the fantasy? the design?

waterpolo team suits, or team GB diving, etc.

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Re: team suits

Post by Speedoaddict » Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:13 pm

It’s because they don’t come along very often. Olympics, Commonwealth games, swim and diving competitions. You can go on TYR’s uk site and buy a pair of British swimming trunks that jack laugher and Tom Daley both wear at comps. Link below.

https://tyr.co.uk/british-swimming-coll ... -9442.html

The Adidas team gb trunks are becoming few and far between to buy so as they become rarer the price goes up. Same goes for the commonwealth games trunks by arena. I have all 3 pairs and I wouldn’t sell them.

I am also hoping Adidas will release some men’s swim trunks similar to the ones team gb will be wearing. These should be selling for about £30 a pair if anything like last time is to go by.
Be quick if these do get released because they will sell out fast.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Love speedos, running shorts, rugby shorts, Aussie rules footy shorts.

52dno98
United States of America

Post by 52dno98 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:25 pm

Speedoaddict wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:13 pm
The Adidas team gb trunks are becoming few and far between to buy so as they become rarer the price goes up. Same goes for the commonwealth games trunks by arena. I have all 3 pairs and I wouldn’t sell them.
Those are some good looking suits. I'm a fan of suits with smaller sides...

Do the "civilian" versions you can buy have small sides like that?
daleygoodfellow.jpg
daleygoodfellow.jpg (41.57 KiB) Viewed 3207 times
daleygoodfellow2.jpg
daleygoodfellow2.jpg (36.53 KiB) Viewed 3207 times
mearslaugher3.jpg
mearslaugher3.jpg (47.66 KiB) Viewed 3207 times
mearslaugher2.jpg
mearslaugher2.jpg (31.04 KiB) Viewed 3207 times

Mazda3mps
Australia

Post by Mazda3mps » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:44 pm

i guess its because its exclusive and limited run?

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:50 am

52dno98 wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:25 pm
Speedoaddict wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:13 pm
Those are some good looking suits. I'm a fan of suits with smaller sides...

Do the "civilian" versions you can buy have small sides like that?
These suits have an awesome fit. Thanks for posting. Man, I'd buy one in a heartbeat, just for the cut/style, in a solid color, without the team logos.
Long time Speedo® lover

ExBex
United States of America

Post by ExBex » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:47 am

Thom wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:50 am
These suits have an awesome fit. Thanks for posting. Man, I'd buy one in a heartbeat, just for the cut/style, in a solid color, without the team logos.
Agreed! I love those suits. Great looking cut.

I don't get it. Adidas had amazing advertising for suits that you can't actually buy!

I think the prices reflect the supply/demand imbalance. Advertise anything with sex appeal in front of a billion people and it's going to create some demand.

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:34 am

ExBex wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:47 am
Thom wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:50 am
Agreed! I love those suits. Great looking cut.

I don't get it. Adidas had amazing advertising for suits that you can't actually buy!
Yeah. I'm wondering if Adidas custom makes them to measure for each athlete? The fit is so perfect, particularly in the butt.

They could sell a jillion of these.
Long time Speedo® lover