G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Men's Swimwear Database

Questions about buying speedos - ask them here. If you manufacture or sell speedos - feel free to post about them in this area.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Re: Men's Swimwear Database

Post by Scottiebum » Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:14 am

SammyKyoupan wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 11:48 pm
You'd be surprised at the type of swimsuits you can buy in Japan. They are so skimpy and sexy you would not believe it! yet in Japan everybody wears them and they are standard issue on most swim teams.

There are familiar brands like Arena, Mizuno, and Aqux but they are cut way differently in Japan thay, say, in the USA, or even in Europe. There are brands you'd never see except in Japan like Jump, Seobean and Surf Blade, just to name a few. Everybody wears them. Many swim teams even make them their official swimsuit so they are not just a fetish type thing like it is in most places.

I am Japanese but grew up in America. I spent a couple of years going to school in Japan, and when i saw the kinds of swimsuits other boys wore at the swim club, I was shocked and too embarrassed to wear one, but the way I got stared at wearing board shorts was even more embarrassing so I got a pair.

I remember the first day I wore them at the pool. I was so shy I couldn't come out of the locker room at first, and then when I looked at my body in the mirror, I looked so sexy that I REALLY couldn't come out of the locker room LOL(if you know what I mean OMG) Finally I did though, and nobody batted an eyelash. I just looked like everyone else.

By contrast, when I came back to the USA after I was used to wearing them and wore a pair at the local swim club, I got stared at so disapprovingly that i had to go change to board shorts (which I now hated so much).

Anyway, I love Japanese competition swimsuits (or Kyoupan as they are called there). The thing i don;t like about so-called sexy swim briefs from other countries is they just plain silly and overly gay. In Japan they look like serious competition swimsuits...because they are! Yhey just happen to be sexy as hell!

Just to give you an idea of how sexy they feel to wear (and why you need to get used to wearing them before you do it in public LOL):
EkKpwKLVoAAElkU copy.jpg
They look great, so sad you could not wear them in the States without disapproval.
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

VPL
United States of America

Post by VPL » Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:23 am

Oh man, you look FANTASTIC in those suits! Thanks for posting!

BriefExcursion20
United States of America

Post by BriefExcursion20 » Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:58 pm

SammyKyoupan wrote:
You'd be surprised at the type of swimsuits you can buy in Japan. They are so skimpy and sexy you would not believe it! yet in Japan everybody wears them and they are standard issue on most swim teams.

There are familiar brands like Arena, Mizuno, and Aqux but they are cut way differently in Japan thay, say, in the USA, or even in Europe. There are brands you'd never see except in Japan like Jump, Seobean and Surf Blade, just to name a few. Everybody wears them. Many swim teams even make them their official swimsuit so they are not just a fetish type thing like it is in most places.

I am Japanese but grew up in America. I spent a couple of years going to school in Japan, and when i saw the kinds of swimsuits other boys wore at the swim club, I was shocked and too embarrassed to wear one, but the way I got stared at wearing board shorts was even more embarrassing so I got a pair.

I remember the first day I wore them at the pool. I was so shy I couldn't come out of the locker room at first, and then when I looked at my body in the mirror, I looked so sexy that I REALLY couldn't come out of the locker room LOL(if you know what I mean OMG) Finally I did though, and nobody batted an eyelash. I just looked like everyone else.

By contrast, when I came back to the USA after I was used to wearing them and wore a pair at the local swim club, I got stared at so disapprovingly that i had to go change to board shorts (which I now hated so much).

Anyway, I love Japanese competition swimsuits (or Kyoupan as they are called there). The thing i don;t like about so-called sexy swim briefs from other countries is they just plain silly and overly gay. In Japan they look like serious competition swimsuits...because they are! Yhey just happen to be sexy as hell!

Just to give you an idea of how sexy they feel to wear (and why you need to get used to wearing them before you do it in public LOL):

sammy_09234.jpg
Sammy_235.jpeg
Looking good, dude!

SammyKyoupan
Japan

Post by SammyKyoupan » Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:36 pm

They look great, so sad you could not wear them in the States without disapproval.
I was pretty shocked (and embarrassed) by that. I must say that after living in many other places around the world, Americans seem so prudish and puritanical, especially when it comes to things like wearing Speedos. I wonder why that it, seriously.

And I have to say, I absolutely HATE the look of Board shorts that I see so many Americans wearing. I'm an avid surfer and always wear Kyoupan when I surf. I hate how boardshorts restrict your movement when surfing. Except for having a pocket for your wax I don't see the benefit in them at all, and I think they look ugly as hell LOL!

SammyKyoupan
Japan

Post by SammyKyoupan » Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:40 pm

VPL wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:23 am
Thanks Buddy! I'd post more pictures since I'm such an exhibitionist, but I can't figure out what the picture posting guidelines guidelines are on this forum. I've tried posting pictures that were larger than the one that I was successful with, and also smaller, and none of them work.

Can anybody explain the guidelines?? I found no FAQ on the topic.

BriefExcursion20
United States of America

Post by BriefExcursion20 » Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:30 pm

SammyKyoupan wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:40 pm
VPL wrote:
Thanks Buddy! I'd post more pictures since I'm such an exhibitionist, but I can't figure out what the picture posting guidelines guidelines are on this forum. I've tried posting pictures that were larger than the one that I was successful with, and also smaller, and none of them work.

Based on what's said on the Photos Discussion Board, pictures need to be 800 pixels (or less) wide to properly fit on the page.

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:45 am

SammyKyoupan wrote:
VPL wrote:

Less than 800, and I have found site accepts png better than jpg
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

SpeedoFetish
Japan

Post by SpeedoFetish » Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:48 am

SammyKyoupan wrote:

Great post! I've lived in Japan since the 1990s! Yes, Japanese kyoupan were extremely tiny back in the day. And that style was MAINSTREAM. As you noted, almost everyone wore them.

Unfortunately things have changed. The classic "boomerang" (bikini) style kyoupan are almost gone now. In most places, the smallest thing you'll see is a square cut. Most serious swimmers and swim teams now wear lycra jammers. Kyoupan are now more of a fetish thing. But that hasn't stopped me from wearing kyoupan at my fitness club pool, beaches, and hotels. No one bats an eye, maybe because Japanese people aren't as puritanical as Americans.

SpeedoFetish
Japan

Post by SpeedoFetish » Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:51 am

SammyKyoupan wrote:

I had similar problems. What finally worked for me was to upload my pics to a different site (there is another online community where I post pics), then download them from there, and then re-upload them here. I don't know why it worked, but it did.

SammyKyoupan
Japan

Post by SammyKyoupan » Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:59 pm

SpeedoFetish wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:48 am
SammyKyoupan wrote:

Great post! I've lived in Japan since the 1990s! Yes, Japanese kyoupan were extremely tiny back in the day. And that style was MAINSTREAM. As you noted, almost everyone wore them.

Unfortunately things have changed. The classic "boomerang" (bikini) style kyoupan are almost gone now. In most places, the smallest thing you'll see is a square cut. Most serious swimmers and swim teams now wear lycra jammers. Kyoupan are now more of a fetish thing. But that hasn't stopped me from wearing kyoupan at my fitness club pool, beaches, and hotels. No one bats an eye, maybe because Japanese people aren't as puritanical as Americans.
Yes, I agree they are fast disappearing in just the last few years! Divers however still wear them for obvious reasons. Still though, up until just a few years ago, Mizuno was still making the MightyLine series (boomerang style), and there were many listings on Yahoo Auctions for used ones, though the prices started to escalate to ridiculous levels!

There are a few swimwear companies that are producing copied versions like Surf Blade, Clear, Jump, and Aqux to name a few from Japan. I like them both but Aqux is getting a little over the top lately in non-kyoupan designs featuring big log waistbands and overly gay designs (not that there's anything wrong with that LOL, but I just like the traditional kyoupan look.

I think Surf Blade and Jump are the best (IMHO) and I see a lot of Asian guys wearing them here in Thailand, and they are VERY popular in Japan of course.

These are a pair of Suf Blades I bought last year. I love the colors and was a little curious to get a pair with a zipper in back to know what it feels like, but honestly I haven't had the nerve to wear them in public LOL. BTW, the zipper in the back is obviously a gay think and I'll leave it to your imagination to guess why it's there :lol:

Screen Shot 2022-03-03 at 9.21.18 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2022-03-03 at 9.21.18 PM.jpg (58.95 KiB) Viewed 5673 times
Screen Shot 2022-03-03 at 9.21.04 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2022-03-03 at 9.21.04 PM.jpg (52.97 KiB) Viewed 5673 times
Last edited by SammyKyoupan on Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SammyKyoupan
Japan

Post by SammyKyoupan » Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:11 am

SpeedoFetish wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:51 am
SammyKyoupan wrote:

I had similar problems. What finally worked for me was to upload my pics to a different site (there is another online community where I post pics), then download them from there, and then re-upload them here. I don't know why it worked, but it did.
Yeah, I was going to do that but it's a bit of a nuisance everytime you want to post a pic to go through all of that. I just wish the moderator would address this issue...HINT, HINT @DaveSpeedoEvans :P

SammyKyoupan
Japan

Post by SammyKyoupan » Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:14 am

Scottiebum wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:45 am
SammyKyoupan wrote:
VPL wrote:

I tried posting under 800...didn't work even though one that was way over that worked fine. PNG's are huge files compared to the same image in JPG format so would just overload the site's server unnecessarily.

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:56 am

SammyKyoupan wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:14 am
Scottiebum wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:45 am
SammyKyoupan wrote:

I tried posting under 800...didn't work even though one that was way over that worked fine. PNG's are huge files compared to the same image in JPG format so would just overload the site's server unnecessarily.
Once I resize the pic I save as png, and it is same size ie under 800. That's how I post and seems to work.
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

VPL
United States of America

Post by VPL » Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:04 am

SammyKyoupan wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:59 pm
SpeedoFetish wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:48 am
SammyKyoupan wrote:

Yes, I agree they are fast disappearing in just the last few years! Divers however still wear them for obvious reasons. Still though, up until just a few years ago, Mizuno was still making the MightyLine series (boomerang style), and there were many listings on Yahoo Auctions for used ones, though the prices started to escalate to ridiculous levels!

There are a few swimwear companies that are producing copied versions like Surf Blade, Clear, Jump, and Aqux to name a few from Japan. I like them both but Aqux is getting a little over the top lately in non-kyoupan designs featuring big log waistbands and overly gay designs (not that there's anything wrong with that LOL, but I just like the traditional kyoupan look.

I think Surf Blade and Jump are the best (IMHO) and I see a lot of Asian guys wearing them here in Thailand, and they are VERY popular in Japan of course.

These are a pair of Suf Blades I bought last year. I love the colors and was a little curious to get a pair with a zipper in back to know what it feels like, but honestly I haven't had the nerve to wear them in public LOL. BTWm the zipper inthe back thing is obviously a gay think and I'll leave it to your imagination to guess why, but actually it makes the suit fit you like a glove in a way that normal suits do not, so if you have a nice bottom and really want to show it off, it is the suit to buy :lol: :

Screen Shot 2022-03-03 at 9.21.18 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2022-03-03 at 9.21.04 PM.jpg
That suit is HOT! Would love to see you model it on your smokin bod!

SammyKyoupan
Japan

Post by SammyKyoupan » Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:55 pm

That suit is HOT! Would love to see you model it on your smokin bod!
Heh, thanks for the compliment :lol: I have to admit I get an erotic thrill from showing off my body in kyoupan! It's a rush for sure. I have a couple of friends back home in Japan who also get off on that. We keep each other entertained (aroused), swapping selfies of our latest acquisitions.

I'm not much for doing it on mainstream social media like Twitter as they are; I'm kinda of shy! But on this forum I feel pretty comfortable doing it now that I know some of you guys also get off on the erotic aspects of swimwear. It's nice to find a forum of like-minded guys :P

As for that SurfBlade suit, I don't really like how it looks on me. Sometimes kyoupan suits look incredible when you see the product shots but when you put them on...not so much LOL!

SammyKyoupan
Japan

Post by SammyKyoupan » Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:36 pm

Here's a Surf Blade suit I don't mind showing...kinda :oops: Surf Blade sent it to me for free in exchange for modelling it. First time being an actual swimsuit model, which was pretty exciting! it's their new "High School" suit just released this month.

This is not a suit you would wear to the beach...well at least I wouldn't The suit is transparent even when dry, and wet...OMG!
Screen Shot 2022-03-10 at 11.36.29 AM.jpg
Screen Shot 2022-03-10 at 11.36.29 AM.jpg (77.46 KiB) Viewed 5530 times
166868442.jpg
166868442.jpg (36.02 KiB) Viewed 5619 times
166868442_o2.jpg
166868442_o2.jpg (32.27 KiB) Viewed 5619 times
Last edited by SammyKyoupan on Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SammyKyoupan
Japan

Post by SammyKyoupan » Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:56 pm

When yu really want to be provocative...the Surf Blade bottom zipper, in action!

Screen Shot 2022-03-06 at 10.07.48 AM copy.jpg
Screen Shot 2022-03-06 at 10.07.48 AM copy.jpg (76.75 KiB) Viewed 5620 times

SammyKyoupan
Japan

Post by SammyKyoupan » Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:23 pm

Do you think this is a serious indication of a fetish? :lol:
Collection 2.jpg
Collection 2.jpg (179.72 KiB) Viewed 5528 times
Collection 1.jpg
Collection 1.jpg (133.8 KiB) Viewed 5528 times
Last edited by SammyKyoupan on Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.

ChicagoDan

Post by ChicagoDan » Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:39 pm

SammyKyoupan wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:36 pm
Here's a Surf Blade suit I don't mind showing...kinda :oops: Surf Blade sent it to me for free in exchange for modelling it. First time being an actual swimsuit model, which was pretty exciting! it's their new "High School" suit just released this month.

This is not a suit you would wear to the beach...well at least I wouldn't They retouched the pics; the suit is a lot more sheer than it looks, especially when it's wet!

FM17LPQVcAEI3AF copy.jpg

166868442.jpg

166868442_o2.jpg
I like how that suit looks on you. I hope you model some more for us

SammyKyoupan
Japan

Post by SammyKyoupan » Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:52 pm

ChicagoDan wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:39 pm
SammyKyoupan wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:36 pm

This is not a suit you would wear to the beach...well at least I wouldn't They retouched the pics; the suit is a lot more sheer than it looks, especially when it's wet!

FM17LPQVcAEI3AF copy.jpg

166868442.jpg

166868442_o2.jpg
I like how that suit looks on you. I hope you model some more for us
ok...you talked me into it. I am a born exhibitionist :lol:

CLEAR is another brand I like a lot!
E-H-XYJWYAEvX0y copy.jpg
E-H-XYJWYAEvX0y copy.jpg (77.27 KiB) Viewed 5613 times
E-H-W5cXoAMUU-M copy.jpg
E-H-W5cXoAMUU-M copy.jpg (77.12 KiB) Viewed 5613 times