G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Does anyone have Charlie swim briefs? How is the fit?

Questions about buying speedos - ask them here. If you manufacture or sell speedos - feel free to post about them in this area.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

trance399
Canada

Does anyone have Charlie swim briefs? How is the fit?

Post by trance399 » Thu May 20, 2021 10:06 am

I'm curious how the fit is from a person that has tried these before. Mostly interested in the pique lifeguard brief and the lifeguard brief.

Are they true to size? Do they sit low? Is the leg band particularly tight or more of a relaxed fit? I like a more relaxed fit so the waist band doesn't dig into my butt/thighs.
I'm 5'11", 160 lbs. 30/31 waist. Normally a medium.

Thank you!

https://www.charliebymz.com/
🎶

ChicagoDan

Re: Does anyone have Charlie swim briefs? How is the fit?

Post by ChicagoDan » Sat May 22, 2021 12:45 pm

I like some of their styles, but I would never pay so much for a speedo
Last edited by ChicagoDan on Tue May 25, 2021 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

aznspeedoboy
United States of America

Post by aznspeedoboy » Mon May 24, 2021 3:26 pm

Also interested in knowing people's thoughts on Charlie swim briefs, especially because they cost so much.
20-something year old asian boy who loves speedos. 8)

trance399
Canada

Post by trance399 » Wed May 26, 2021 5:36 am

aznspeedoboy wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 3:26 pm
Also interested in knowing people's thoughts on Charlie swim briefs, especially because they cost so much.
Exactly my reasoning. But at least I'm pretty sure they offer returns/exchanges.

The pique swim brief line looks nice, but unfortunately I think they may not dry quick - which is mostly why I wear the briefs. So I'd probably go with the lifeguard brief line myself.
🎶

_su_
United States of America

Post by _su_ » Sat May 29, 2021 3:58 am

You might try inquiring about them from sellers on Poshmark. I was curious about them too, and got a very descriptive response along with some additional pics posted of them being modelled. If I recall correctly, the seller had a very similar physique and dimensions as I have, and said the underwear were a bit stretchy compared to the swimsuits, so he usually wore them a sized bit smaller. I never ended up buying any, and missed my chance at another pair I discovered too late:
https://poshmark.com/listing/Charlie-by ... 62f7fecf40

Lc84
United States of America

Post by Lc84 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:03 am

trance399 wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 10:06 am
I'm curious how the fit is from a person that has tried these before. Mostly interested in the pique lifeguard brief and the lifeguard brief.

Are they true to size? Do they sit low? Is the leg band particularly tight or more of a relaxed fit? I like a more relaxed fit so the waist band doesn't dig into my butt/thighs.

Thank you!

I love them. I wear an XL because they are actual size not vanity. I’m a 34 waist. They are snug but comfortable. I love the lifeguard briefs. Those are the ones I have

eli0808
United States of America

Post by eli0808 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:34 pm

I absolutely love them. I have a number of them and they are some of my all time favorite speedos. Expensive AF, but they have a sale a few times a year where you can get them up to 40% off.

trance399
Canada

Post by trance399 » Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:46 am

Lc84 wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:03 am
trance399 wrote:

Thank you!

I love them. I wear an XL because they are actual size not vanity. I’m a 34 waist. They are snug but comfortable. I love the lifeguard briefs. Those are the ones I have
Do they fit small? I just looked up their sizing guide and a 34 waist would be right on the edge of L/XL. I'm a 32 waist, but often wear pants from 30-32. Sometimes 33.
🎶

Lc84
United States of America

Post by Lc84 » Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:49 am

trance399 wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:46 am
Lc84 wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:03 am
trance399 wrote:

Thank you!

Do they fit small? I just looked up their sizing guide and a 34 waist would be right on the edge of L/XL. I'm a 32 waist, but often wear pants from 30-32. Sometimes 33.
It all depends on how loose or tight you like your swim briefs. I think large would work Better for you.

Speedo_arena
United States of America

Post by Speedo_arena » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:09 am

Keep an eye out for sales. I've bought a few pairs on discount. Suits are comfortable but I found them slightly looser than other brands with ample butt coverage. The material is average thickness and comfortable so that you can wear them all day long at beach or pool. I've also bought their underwear and compression tights. Both are very well made.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

speedolover100

Post by speedolover100 » Fri May 20, 2022 1:17 am

I have a couple pairs. Size medium. I am 33 waist. Fit great and really comfortable.