G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Mategear Suits

Questions about buying speedos - ask them here. If you manufacture or sell speedos - feel free to post about them in this area.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

SpeedoQuest
United States of America

Mategear Suits

Post by SpeedoQuest » Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:59 am

Has anyone purchased Mategear swim suits? I am curious as to how low and revealing they really are as on the website, it looks like they barely cover anything.

adidasguy
Great Britain

Re: Mategear Suits

Post by adidasguy » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:35 pm

Very small… it says to order a size up, but I’d recommend 2 sizes up!

Bulgerunner
Great Britain

Post by Bulgerunner » Mon Aug 09, 2021 12:43 am

I am a great fan of Mategear suits, and now have about a dozen. Yes, some of those on its web site would get you arrested on sight if used in public, but there are others which I now use regularly (completely shaved) for lap swimming in the UK without issues.

The minimal "Signature", "Expression" and "mini" suits and underwear are extreme but I favour the ones with low, flat or pouch fronts but fullish backs, notably the "Ultra" range. Some have tie cords.

New styles are added almost daily, but they seem to be made in batches which often run out quickly in the more popular sizes and colours, so you need to monitor the web site (or get the email) and move quickly. I think quality and value for money are good and delivery is prompt and reliable.

My current favourites are these:

https://mategear.com/products/mini-swim ... 0749900883

https://mategear.com/products/sexy-mens ... 5356465235

The sizing is Asian. I have lost weight recently and find my "large" Mategear suits are now a bit loose. I now have a 32-inch (81 cm) waist 34-inc (88cm) hip, and find that medium is OK.

Take the plunge, I say!

MISpeedo
United States of America

Post by MISpeedo » Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:40 am

Agree with Bulgerunner (above) that some styles could get you in trouble, but they do have some cuts (styles) with full backs and legal front coverage. Being Asian sizing I agree with an earlier post of upsizing one or two sizes, but it may depend somewhat on the cut of the suit. Go for it, know you will like them.

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:42 pm

Bulgerunner wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 12:43 am
I am a great fan of Mategear suits, and now have about a dozen. Yes, some of those on its web site would get you arrested on sight if used in public, but there are others which I now use regularly (completely shaved) for lap swimming in the UK without issues.
Thanks for posting. Amazing line of suits.
Long time Speedo® lover

SpeedoQuest
United States of America

Post by SpeedoQuest » Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:07 pm

So….I took the plunge and took advantage of the 3 for $29 on Signature suits. They only had a couple of the “ultras” so decided to purchase the “Yo Jun” Ultra bikini.

https://mategear.com/collections/swimwe ... 4324927571

I plan to only wear them for backyard tanning by the pool. Cannot wait for them to arrive and try them on.

AussieSean

Post by AussieSean » Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:50 pm

These look amazing but I don’t think I would be able to pull them off for two reasons….
I’m nowhere near as fit as the models and I would be rock hard if I wore them in public (or at home for that matter)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bulgerunner
Great Britain

Post by Bulgerunner » Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:38 pm

Great, Speedoquest: the 3 for $29 deal is a good one. Ultras in Medium and Large sizes seem to be in short supply at the moment.

I'm no model either, AussieSean but I try to use my Mategear and other skimpy suits to motivate me to stay fit. I've just used this one for lap swimming for the first time, without any comments:

https://mategear.com/collections/new-ar ... 1327736915

I also use their running shorts for running!

SpeedoQuest
United States of America

Post by SpeedoQuest » Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:50 am

AussieSean wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:50 pm
These look amazing but I don’t think I would be able to pull them off for two reasons….
I’m nowhere near as fit as the models and I would be rock hard if I wore them in public (or at home for that matter)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am not sure if I can pull them off either but going to give it a try. I will report back once they arrive.

Flatfront
United States of America

Post by Flatfront » Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:57 pm

I have ten Mategear suits I wear at crowded beaches. I need the full-back styles so they stay on in rough surf, and lined suits look smoother and support better. I like the Kae Jong low flat-front suits that have no room and need to be worn a few times to break-in. Now that foreigners are buying the suits, they changed to making suits like Jin Mo with very narrow small pouches, easier to fit into! Those make my front look smaller as they don't flatten everything.
I wear size 38 pants, and 2XL in Mategear

Flatfront
United States of America

Post by Flatfront » Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:36 pm

Bulgerunner likes Mategear flat-front Red Rang Ji, I wear size 2XL, stretchy and comfortable (for me, I can stay relaxed)

Also flat-front silver Nu Yo size 2XL, lined and no room in front. It fits better after I wear it a few times.
Both have a full rear and drawstring to keep it on in the ocean.
They said I haven't ordered in a while, I sent these photos and said they stopped making the flat-front suits. They forwarded my note to their designers.

speedolover

Post by speedolover » Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:25 pm

Flatfront wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:57 pm
I have ten Mategear suits I wear at crowded beaches. I need the full-back styles so they stay on in rough surf, and lined suits look smoother and support better. I like the Kae Jong low flat-front suits that have no room and need to be worn a few times to break-in. Now that foreigners are buying the suits, they changed to making suits like Jin Mo with very narrow small pouches, easier to fit into! Those make my front look smaller as they don't flatten everything.
The red Jin Mo fits you very well. It definitely is lower and narrower in front. That is the best look in my opinion.

Flatfront
United States of America

Post by Flatfront » Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:17 pm

speedolover wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:25 pm
Flatfront wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:57 pm
The red Jin Mo fits you very well. It definitely is lower and narrower in front. That is the best look in my opinion.
Thanks, you are right, I posed in my Mategear Nan Song for you
Last edited by Flatfront on Mon May 30, 2022 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flatfront
United States of America

Post by Flatfront » Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:54 pm

SpeedoQuest wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:59 am
Has anyone purchased Mategear swim suits? I am curious as to how low and revealing they really are as on the website, it looks like they barely cover anything.
Mategear has almost 600 photos of real customers (not male models) wearing their skimpy suits, including several of me!
New Mategear Gallery Lucky Draw album https://mategear.com/pages/mg-gallery-lucky-draw