G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Aussiebum sizes

Questions about buying speedos - ask them here. If you manufacture or sell speedos - feel free to post about them in this area.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

cardsroyals2015

Aussiebum sizes

Post by cardsroyals2015 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:54 am

I'm thinking about getting some Aussiebums but wasn't sure about my size. I normally wear a size 30 inch pants and a small. But when i measure myself based on what Aussiebum shows on their site - i get a 34 inch waist. Meaning I should get a Large. Wanted to see if anyone else had any thougths/experience about this.

phltanner
Bermuda

Re: Aussiebum sizes

Post by phltanner » Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:41 am

cardsroyals2015 wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:54 am
I'm thinking about getting some Aussiebums but wasn't sure about my size. I normally wear a size 30 inch pants and a small. But when i measure myself based on what Aussiebum shows on their site - i get a 34 inch waist. Meaning I should get a Large. Wanted to see if anyone else had any thougths/experience about this.
In recent years, Aussiebum sizing, even between just different colors in the same style, is really variably bad. Now, the only thing you can do is order and then e-mail them to return/exchange the bad fits.

If you're wearing 30" pants go with the small to start. You may need to exhange to a medium, depending on the style, and who at Aussiebum cut that suit!

cardsroyals2015

Post by cardsroyals2015 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:40 pm

Thanks for the insights. i'm in the US and don't want to deal with returns (if possible). Appreciate your response. And you look great in your Aussies!!

...:::sam:::...
Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:08 pm

I agree. My butt is 32-33 and I wear medium classic AB's. If you're a 30 then you will probably be a small, but as said, there is a lot of variation in AB sizing.

NorthShoreDad
Australia

Post by NorthShoreDad » Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:17 am

Yep I agree with ..::sam::.. I'm the same 32" medium in AB's. Buy the small, and they will stretch and flex (depending on the contents :mrgreen: )

Mazda3mps
Australia

Post by Mazda3mps » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:52 am

im a 30" jeans and i get a small and they fit perfect. Some might need medium, but 99% if mine are small.

as a comparison i am a marcuse medium, speedo 12, budgy smuggler small :)

Hope this helps.

phltanner
Bermuda

Post by phltanner » Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:19 pm

Mazda3mps wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:52 am
im a 30" jeans and i get a small and they fit perfect. Some might need medium, but 99% if mine are small.

Hope this helps.
Uh oh! I just ordered a few Marcuse mediums, but if that's your size & a 30" jeans, I could be in trouble!! I'm a 31 pants, but, AB smalls like you

Mazda3mps
Australia

Post by Mazda3mps » Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:34 pm

phltanner wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:19 pm
Mazda3mps wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:52 am

Hope this helps.
Uh oh! I just ordered a few Marcuse mediums, but if that's your size & a 30" jeans, I could be in trouble!! I'm a 31 pants, but, AB smalls like you
nah you should be fine, might be snug but marcuse medium should fit you :D let me know how you go.

phltanner
Bermuda

Post by phltanner » Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:34 pm

Mazda3mps wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:34 pm
phltanner wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:19 pm

nah you should be fine, might be snug but marcuse medium should fit you :D let me know how you go.
they were, like you say, a little snug, but just a little - I like them alot, really. the yellow and the horizontal stripe ones had a liner with a vertical seam right in front that interfered with VPL, so I cut that lining out. Now they're pretty hot!!

SammyKyoupan
Japan

Post by SammyKyoupan » Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:00 pm

cardsroyals2015 wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:54 am
Aussiebum has always had a bad rep for accurate sizing I think. The owner, Sean told me he has switched to a new knitting mill this year so maybe email them and ask if they have new sizing guidelines. He said he was not happy with their old mill and maybe the sizing was partly why they switched??