G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Tan Through suits

Questions about buying speedos - ask them here. If you manufacture or sell speedos - feel free to post about them in this area.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

Ceolona
United States of America

Tan Through suits

Post by Ceolona » Wed May 11, 2022 3:41 pm

Do any of you wear a tan through suit? Specifically, Kiniki or Cooltan. Do they work as expected? How is the fit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

packedspeedo
United States of America

Re: Tan Through suits

Post by packedspeedo » Sat May 14, 2022 7:19 am

I had one ages ago, I don't remember the brand. I choose a pattern that was jungle-themed, so had large leaves. One leaf was rather large green, and right across my butt crack. So it didn't hide that, was very obvious showing through. My dick and balls were hidden though. Tanned ok, like an SPF 10 I think.

SpeedoQuest
United States of America

Post by SpeedoQuest » Sat May 14, 2022 7:55 am

I have many Kiniki tan through micro bikinis and I was a little disappointed with the results but I think that is because I bought the wrong size. I did not realize that their sizing for their tan through suits was different from their traditional suits. I bought a large when I should have purchased medium in the tan through fabric.

_su_
United States of America

Post by _su_ » Sun May 15, 2022 9:47 am

I have a Kiniki tan through, but it fits just a little too small, which seems to be common on the reviews. Tried it a couple of days at home, but didn't notice a difference in my tan lines. But I think it takes me longer to tan than average maybe.

Red^^Speedo
United States of America

Post by Red^^Speedo » Mon May 16, 2022 8:11 am

Having collected a few Kiniki brand swimsuits over the years, here are some consumer tips:

They tan through kind of like #10-15 sunscreen, as packedspeedo noted, IF they fit close to the skin.
They do dry very fast compared to lycra and even polyester swimwear; a big benefit for beach, boat and pool.
They are more durable than expected, even though the material appears to be delicate.

The seams and leg openings can get kind of scratchy after a couple hours, especially if you chose a very tight fit ( and especially the Swim Thong :lol: ).

Kiniki is claiming that their new 5th generation material is less transparent, softer, more breathable, have four-way stretch and more vibrant colors.
We shall see, haven't ordered any yet.

Sizing: The Speedo-like " Deep Waist Swim Briefs" fit pretty true to size, and are a bit more forgiving than the skimpier styles.
Have learned to go up a size on the "Swim Thong" and "Swim Micro Brief," because
I am not extremely lean/muscular.

Ceolona
United States of America

Post by Ceolona » Mon May 16, 2022 6:36 pm

Red^^Speedo wrote:Having collected a few Kiniki brand swimsuits over the years, here are some consumer tips:….

I had a fuck it moment and ordered a “deep waist” and a trunk. I’ll find out all about them in two weeks. ;)

Ceolona
United States of America

Tan Through suits

Post by Ceolona » Thu May 26, 2022 9:12 am

Red^^Speedo wrote:The Speedo-like " Deep Waist Swim Briefs" fit pretty true to size, and are a bit more forgiving than the skimpier styles.
Have learned to go up a size on the "Swim Thong" and "Swim Micro Brief," because
I am not extremely lean/muscular.
Here’s the brief. I did size up because I am used to a pouch front, and thought I might want the extra room. A good choice.

[IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202205 ... f4e777.jpg[/IMG]

An extreme close-up of them fabric itself. You really can’t see anything of note through it.

Red^^Speedo
United States of America

Post by Red^^Speedo » Thu May 26, 2022 1:45 pm

Excellent choice, Ceolona, looks good on you.

Red^^Speedo
United States of America

Post by Red^^Speedo » Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:00 am

Here's a Kiniki "trunk" squarecut. I went up one size. Not very flattering.
20220605_172504smaller.jpg
20220605_172504smaller.jpg (10.13 KiB) Viewed 2760 times
:oops:

SpeedoQuest
United States of America

Post by SpeedoQuest » Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:14 pm

Red^^Speedo wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:00 am
Here's a Kiniki "trunk" squarecut. I went up one size. Not very flattering.

20220605_172504smaller.jpg :oops:
I don’t think I have found a square cut the works well on me. I don’t find them near as flattering as briefs

Ceolona
United States of America

Post by Ceolona » Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:31 pm

Red^^Speedo wrote:Here's a Kiniki "trunk" squarecut. I went up one size. Not very flattering.
Rethink it as “short shorts” or a Brazilian sunga vibe.