G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

A few new suits

Questions about buying speedos - ask them here. If you manufacture or sell speedos - feel free to post about them in this area.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

Idaho
United States of America

A few new suits

Post by Idaho » Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:08 pm

Got a few new suits recently been on a bit of shopping spree haha
First one is from sunga life, I do really like the sunga style of suits and part of that is my first speedo type suit was a sunga in Brazil. Also it's a very casual style, easy to wear at a public beach or water park.
Second suit is an Aussie Bum Classic Club which I believe is mostly the same as the old WonderJock Loose. It's a bit on the snug side even though I tried a size larger than most other brands, but that's fine with me cause I just started working with a fitness coach to lose the excess fat.
and thirdly is a Grand Axis mini brief wich is very comfortable but I'm not 100% sure if I love it yet. I know a lot of guys here love the really narrow sided suits but it's hit or miss for myself on whether I look good in them. I also feel like the back of the Grand Axis really needs a good bubble butt to pull off, currently not a fan of how mine looks in them haha. But really great material.
Sunga_Life_Tridents_front.jpg
Sunga_Life_Tridents_back.jpg
AussieBum_front.jpg
AussieBum_back.jpg

Idaho
United States of America

Re: A few new suits

Post by Idaho » Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:10 pm

Here's the Grand Axis suit.
Grand_Axis_front.jpg
Grand_Axis_back.jpg
and also for the first time in my life I've actually got a speedo tan.
Tan_Lines.jpg

Ceolona
United States of America

Post by Ceolona » Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:04 am

That sunga looks great on you. As for the Grand Axis, yes you need to love it. The cut of the suit fits that butt perfectly. Embrace that butt!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:00 am

Not such a fan of sunga in general but you rock both these briefs!
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

Idaho
United States of America

Post by Idaho » Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:53 am

Thanks guys! 😀

otter
United States of America

Post by otter » Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:12 pm

I’ve been looking maybe to buy one of those sungas from Sungalife.com. It’s not a style I’ve tried, but like you say, it might be a good choice for more conservative situations. It really does look great on you. I wondered how it feels in terms of loose/snug all around, , walking and in the water?

I’m not totally at ease with sungalife’s unique warrior vibe. It was founded by an ex-navy seal who travelled in Brazil, got hooked on their beachwear, and then started this company in the USA. (thereby the trident pattern on that sunga) It’s all good if it helps make sungas and speedos hip, the uniform of choice.
Last edited by otter on Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
feel water like an otter would

Ceolona
United States of America

Post by Ceolona » Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:59 pm

[mention]Otter [/mention] I haven’t bought any, but check https://cariocawear.com and https://bluemanshop.com seem to be big names. There’s always the swamp of off/no-name brands on Amazon, of course. :)

otter
United States of America

Post by otter » Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:58 pm

I looked at https://cariocawear.com and see that the suits they call sungas are not just the one style. The are different cuts from each material, in "bikini", "brief", "low-rise", "classic" and "traditional" with increasing leg coverage and hip line. What do guys in Brazil really wear? They all look comfortably loose through the groin, and I guess that is what defines a sunga in contrast to a speedo style brief, which has more compression through the groin. It would be comfortable for just hanging out, maybe not so great for swimming laps. The one Idaho has looks "classic", and I think, classy.

Idaho
United States of America

Post by Idaho » Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:18 am

When I was in Brazil guys mostly wear what Carioca Wear calls traditional, and classic. The more Speedo styles are seen more with tourists from Australia and also on the more "gay" area of the beach.

_su_
United States of America

Post by _su_ » Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:13 am

Nice looking suits Idaho! I have several of the Cariocas but none of the classic/traditional cut, just the brief style. They are probably my wife's favorite of my briefs. I believe the Cariocas are double-lined, and have held up well. Just watch for sales throughout the year if you are considering them.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=142013&p=274927#p274926
Speedo tanlines - making you even easier to find in the dark...

n2er

Post by n2er » Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:25 am

Idaho wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:08 pm
Got a few new suits recently been on a bit of shopping spree haha
First one is from sunga life, I do really like the sunga style of suits and part of that is my first speedo type suit was a sunga in Brazil. Also it's a very casual style, easy to wear at a public beach or water park.
Second suit is an Aussie Bum Classic Club which I believe is mostly the same as the old WonderJock Loose. It's a bit on the snug side even though I tried a size larger than most other brands, but that's fine with me cause I just started working with a fitness coach to lose the excess fat.
and thirdly is a Grand Axis mini brief wich is very comfortable but I'm not 100% sure if I love it yet. I know a lot of guys here love the really narrow sided suits but it's hit or miss for myself on whether I look good in them. I also feel like the back of the Grand Axis really needs a good bubble butt to pull off, currently not a fan of how mine looks in them haha. But really great material.
Sunga is the top for me on you, looks realy AWESOME. Briefs looks great too, but square cut is TOP. But You can wear whatever you want and whatever you feel good in 8)

otter
United States of America

Post by otter » Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:34 pm

Funny video from Sunga Life,
https://kvo2.io/0/58kcwu
“1-minute breakdown of what a Sunga is and why every guy should rock one this summer. “

Idaho
United States of America

Post by Idaho » Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:42 am

otter wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:34 pm
Funny video from Sunga Life,
https://kvo2.io/0/58kcwu
“1-minute breakdown of what a Sunga is and why every guy should rock one this summer. “
I really like the sunga life suit, and coming from the army I appreciate that they target that demographic. If you wanna get speedos normalized again you have to target that market too. A lot of the popular "fashion" brands tend to cater or appeal more to the gay guys and that's great but then that also just increases the stigma that speedos are only for serious swimmers or gay guys.

Ceolona
United States of America

Post by Ceolona » Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:21 am

Yeah… not gonna happen. It’s all about looking sexy (and usually failing) rather than what looks good or appropriate.

otter
United States of America

Post by otter » Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:28 pm

Me too now. I received a Sungalife a couple of days ago, the jungle camo pattern. It feels almost like going commando. The fit is that loose, but tight enough around the waist and legs, and it doesn't cover the hip articulation as does a square-cut or jammer.

I'll still prefer the compression of a speedo for swimming laps. But for casual swimming, or for hanging out on the beach or poolside or back yard it will be comfortable. The material is awesome, they call it microfiber. It has a smooth, silky feel. One thing though, on the hot sunny day's like we're having now here, in N.Cal, it gets hot in the sunga (lined front and back), in which case, move into the shade or back into the water or back into the low thin speedo triangle.

For the past couple of years I've been practicing the combat swim stroke that Navy Seals have to learn., so I've been watching lots of ex-Seal Stew Smith's youtube videos. That's about as far as I get into military mindset now. But hey, more power to Sungalife, market in favor of sane swimwear to that demographic and extend to first responders all.

[attachment=0]IMG_0743.jpeg[/attachment
Attachments
IMG_0743.jpeg
IMG_0743.jpeg (112.19 KiB) Viewed 2992 times