G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Posing trunks

Questions about buying speedos - ask them here. If you manufacture or sell speedos - feel free to post about them in this area.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

speedoluv
Singapore

Posing trunks

Post by speedoluv » Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:01 pm

Have you guys considered buying bodybuilding posing trunks to use as speedos for use at the beach or pool? Some of the cuts do look quite nice to me but I am wondering whether it will be hard to wear it well if the body is not in great shape. I notice that they usually don't have great bum coverage as they are meant to show off the glute muscles haha.

ReservedEnthusiast
Italy

Re: Posing trunks

Post by ReservedEnthusiast » Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:54 am

Lol I wouldn’t because the fabric is not meant for pools, like I’d hate to spend the money on it and then have it get destroyed by the chlorine after only a couple times wearing it. Especially the velvet pouches

joeylee
Singapore

Post by joeylee » Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:54 am

Public pools in SG will probably kick you out for anything less than normal rear coverage, as it becomes apparent that it's not just a regular pair of swim briefs.

speedoluv
Singapore

Post by speedoluv » Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:54 pm

Oh I did not know that the fabric is not meant for pools as the fabric could tolerate all the oil that they use on their bodies haha.
ReservedEnthusiast wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:54 am
Lol I wouldn’t because the fabric is not meant for pools, like I’d hate to spend the money on it and then have it get destroyed by the chlorine after only a couple times wearing it. Especially the velvet pouches

speedoluv
Singapore

Post by speedoluv » Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:55 pm

Ok that is possible at the public pools. I suppose the rules at the condo pool may differ.
joeylee wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:54 am
Public pools in SG will probably kick you out for anything less than normal rear coverage, as it becomes apparent that it's not just a regular pair of swim briefs.

Idaho
United States of America

Post by Idaho » Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:24 am

Grand Axis has a posing suit style and it's the same material as the other swimwear. Not the best for regular lap swimming since it's not a chlorine proof fabric, but for casual swims or tanning it'd work fine. They've got some pics and videos of guys wearing the style to the beach on their Instagram.
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cf-LhxaF ... MyMTA2M2Y=

ReservedEnthusiast
Italy

Post by ReservedEnthusiast » Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:16 am

speedoluv wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:54 pm
Oh I did not know that the fabric is not meant for pools as the fabric could tolerate all the oil that they use on their bodies haha.
Yep. Like Idaho was saying too, even some swim briefs aren’t meant for the pool because the fabric won’t go well with the pool water. That’s why I stick to the basics for swimming laps like Jaked, Arena, Speedo, … because it would be a shame to drop $85 on a fashion suit then ruin it. Those are much more meant for leisure and the beach and stuff, not for sport haha

Flatfront
United States of America

Post by Flatfront » Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:24 am

I only swim in the ocean or bay beaches, where the salt water does not damage suits.

speedoluv
Singapore

Post by speedoluv » Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:31 pm

Thanks for sharing the video. That looks really good to me, it is skimpy without being too indecent for public use! I will take a look at the website of Grand Axis.
Idaho wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:24 am
Grand Axis has a posing suit style and it's the same material as the other swimwear. Not the best for regular lap swimming since it's not a chlorine proof fabric, but for casual swims or tanning it'd work fine. They've got some pics and videos of guys wearing the style to the beach on their Instagram.
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cf-LhxaF ... MyMTA2M2Y=

speedoluv
Singapore

Post by speedoluv » Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:39 pm

You are right, I don't think I will wear something like that for serious swimming in the pool. A standard pair of swim briefs should work for that. A sexy pair is meant more for sun tanning or going to the beach :P some of these don't come with the draw cord so they may come off easily in the pool haha
Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:16 am
speedoluv wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:54 pm
Yep. Like Idaho was saying too, even some swim briefs aren’t meant for the pool because the fabric won’t go well with the pool water. That’s why I stick to the basics for swimming laps like Jaked, Arena, Speedo, … because it would be a shame to drop $85 on a fashion suit then ruin it. Those are much more meant for leisure and the beach and stuff, not for sport haha

clem
United States of America

Post by clem » Fri Oct 14, 2022 7:40 pm

Way back in the day, pre-internet, I ordered a posing brief from an ad in Muscle & Fitness, the "Andreas Cahling collection". I got the medium-coverage brief, one of the few that didn't have a front center seam. Wasn't bad, maybe 1" side seam. True, it did not have a draw cord, so serious lap swimming wouldn't work. The material, lycra/nylon, held up okay to a average amount of pool and hot tub lounging, at least as well as the typical lycra speedos of the day. Don't dismiss them!