G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Latest Arena Suits

Questions about buying speedos - ask them here. If you manufacture or sell speedos - feel free to post about them in this area.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

52dno98
United States of America

Latest Arena Suits

Post by 52dno98 » Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:44 am

The first two suits are Arena Dynamo suits that I purchased from Swiminn. They say they're supposed to be 5.5cm, but they're actually 4.5 cm, which I actually prefer; I like briefer sides. They're great little suits and have quickly moved to the top of my lap swimming rotation.
dynamo_red.jpeg
dynamo_red.jpeg (75.06 KiB) Viewed 4159 times
dynamo_blue.jpeg
dynamo_blue.jpeg (74.72 KiB) Viewed 4159 times
The next two suits are Arena Santamarias suits, which I got on eBay. We've talked about them elsewhere on the board- they're very solid, every day speedos. About 5.5 cm (just over 2") sides, great material... I think these will be my regular "beach" suits next summer.
santamarias_blue.jpeg
santamarias_blue.jpeg (78.07 KiB) Viewed 4159 times
santamarias_gray.jpeg
santamarias_gray.jpeg (81.89 KiB) Viewed 4159 times

MISpeedo
United States of America

Re: Latest Arena Suits

Post by MISpeedo » Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:24 am

Both suits look great and great on you. Can see why you like them.

rmf

Post by rmf » Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:19 am

I picked up a pair of Santa Marias in Europe this summer for cheap. Under $15 euros on sale. The material probably won't hold up to any gym pool chlorine so I am keeping them for the beach too. I haven't heard of the Dynamo line so I wonder if they are new this season....
straight, married w/ kids.

52dno98
United States of America

Post by 52dno98 » Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:33 pm

rmf wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:19 am
I haven't heard of the Dynamo line so I wonder if they are new this season....
I'm not sure... they're just standard nylon/lycra (which I prefer over polyester anyway). Swiminn, a Spanish sporting goods store (link below), tends to show them as they have stock, and I've seen three colors pop up here and there- royal, red, and black. If a black one ever shows up in my size, that'll be an insta-buy. To your point I'm not sure how long nylon/lycra suits will hold up with frequent swimming...

https://www.tradeinn.com/swiminn/en/are ... 36355417/p

rmf

Post by rmf » Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:00 am

After looking at the link, they both have the same mix fabric and probably the same cut. Does the Dynamo suit have an embroidered logo like the Santamarias do? Could also be an exclusive for Tradeinn that has been rebranded

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Wed Dec 28, 2022 2:21 pm

52dno98 wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:33 pm
rmf wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:19 am
I haven't heard of the Dynamo line so I wonder if they are new this season....
I'm not sure... they're just standard nylon/lycra (which I prefer over polyester anyway). Swiminn, a Spanish sporting goods store (link below), tends to show them as they have stock, and I've seen three colors pop up here and there- royal, red, and black. If a black one ever shows up in my size, that'll be an insta-buy. To your point I'm not sure how long nylon/lycra suits will hold up with frequent swimming...

https://www.tradeinn.com/swiminn/en/are ... 36355417/p
For US$15.99, I'd say they're a bargain. I prefer this nylon/lycra to polyester. That said, polyester does last longer. The pull-down menu for sizes didn't seem to be working.
Long time Speedo® lover

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Wed Dec 28, 2022 2:23 pm

52dno98 wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:44 am

The next two suits are Arena Santamarias suits, which I got on eBay. We've talked about them elsewhere on the board- they're very solid, every day speedos. About 5.5 cm (just over 2") sides, great material... I think these will be my regular "beach" suits next summer.
These look great. Liking the grey.
Long time Speedo® lover

Speedoswim64
United States of America

Post by Speedoswim64 » Thu Dec 29, 2022 5:33 am

Speaking of Arena- I got the Team fit briefs for 21 bucks! Love the cut and fabric- Not sure what the difference between those and the icon solids are.
https://www.arenasport.com/en_us/sale/m ... _swim.html

52dno98
United States of America

Post by 52dno98 » Thu Dec 29, 2022 11:34 am

rmf wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:00 am
After looking at the link, they both have the same mix fabric and probably the same cut. Does the Dynamo suit have an embroidered logo like the Santamarias do? Could also be an exclusive for Tradeinn that has been rebranded
They don't- just a heat-transfer logo (I think that's how it's applied?). Some kind of sticker thing. So to your point it might be exclusive to TradeInn.

They sell a brand called "Mosconi" that I've never seen anywhere else, so I think your theory about exclusive suits is a good one.

Asics87T
Australia

Post by Asics87T » Fri Dec 30, 2022 12:56 am

Love the dynamo suits, especially the one in blue

twink99
Netherlands

Post by twink99 » Thu Jan 05, 2023 8:12 pm

Bought a few dynamo suits as well, great fit. Maybe I'll buy two more.
Board shorts are for sissies

OBXspeedo
United States of America

Post by OBXspeedo » Thu Jan 05, 2023 8:44 pm

You picked some nice looking briefs. I’m interested in how the back looks

rmf

Post by rmf » Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:51 am

52dno98 wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2022 11:34 am

They don't- just a heat-transfer logo (I think that's how it's applied?). Some kind of sticker thing. So to your point it might be exclusive to TradeInn.

They sell a brand called "Mosconi" that I've never seen anywhere else, so I think your theory about exclusive suits is a good one.
Sounds about right. I haven't heard of Mosconi either so it could be...

I will say that the Santamaria suit is definitely my smallest suit. We were at a Decathlon and my wife picked out a dark color in my size and said just get these because they are cheap. A few days later we went to the beach and when I put them on I was like, boy these are small, definitely European cut.. She just shrugged her shoulders and said it was fine. I think the last pair I owned that small of a cut was a suit from Mr Turk.

Happy I got them so we will see how long they last...