G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Messy sizing decisions - AB Originals

Questions about buying speedos - ask them here. If you manufacture or sell speedos - feel free to post about them in this area.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

Otobias
Portugal

Messy sizing decisions - AB Originals

Post by Otobias » Fri Jun 16, 2023 3:13 pm

Lately (or maybe I shall say always when shopping speedos) I am struggle in which concerns to sizing accuracy when buying online speedos and some (fool too)mistakes were made.
Basically buying a size smaller then I should since without being really conscious about it I tend to prefer them loose of course without loosing a decent fit backwards. I will post an example about the last buy - a RYKE hunter racer cut - when I have pics wearing it.

All this to ask you for some sizing advice about an AB Club Originals (2.5inches side seam) that are on my wish list.
Weirdly or not, from the 18 (I know, you guys have much more)speedos in my wardrobe none is from AB. Actually until now I just bought from them a Camo model at some point but sold it one week after because in that case I was clearly misguided by the brand, once the model didnt run small as they stated.

Anyway
Beach1__.png
beach
Beach1__.png (780.92 KiB) Viewed 4905 times
I am about 176cm/ 5ft9, 33inch hip and about 81 kgs and knowing that I am about to get a loose look without giving away of a good fit at the back (I know I am wanting the best of both worlds...) which size of AB Original would you recommend ?

nwlmswimmerguy
United States of America

Re: Messy sizing decisions - AB Originals

Post by nwlmswimmerguy » Sat Jun 17, 2023 5:36 pm

I too have bought a many a suits that just didn’t fit right because of crazy sizing. That being said other than me having a couple of inches of height on you my weight and hips are similar. I have a handful of AB suits and am happy with mediums across the board. Low in front with full rear coverage.

phltanner
Bermuda

Post by phltanner » Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:59 pm

I've got probably 50 AB's!!

At 33" hip (not waist), you'll definitely want a large in their current sizing (which is smaller than years before). And don't curse me out if you really need actually need an XL.

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Mon Jun 19, 2023 2:32 pm

Their sizing is a pain now, it is all over the place. I have recently gone down a size and I most definitely have not got smaller, the opposite in fact!
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

Otobias
Portugal

Post by Otobias » Sun Jun 25, 2023 6:13 pm

Thanks for the inputs.
It really seems that AB sizes may not be easy
And I really hate to send back items...
By the way when I ordered in 2021 an AB Camo it was an L but is was soooo large then I thought that even a M would not suit me...

Enviado do meu SM-A525F através do Tapatalk

Otobias
Portugal

Post by Otobias » Sun Jun 25, 2023 6:25 pm

phltanner wrote:I've got probably 50 AB's!!

At 33" hip (not waist), you'll definitely want a large in their current sizing (which is smaller than years before). And don't curse me out if you really need actually need an XL.
Wow!! 50?! That's a loot of them !

Enviado do meu SM-A525F através do Tapatalk

Otobias
Portugal

Post by Otobias » Tue Aug 08, 2023 7:49 am

phltanner wrote:
I ended up with these two AB pairs (they are not new anyway) of S size and yes they are tooo small specially in the back. Unpossible to avoid that butt crack scenario...so it will have to be probably a L size for me...
Attachments
20230808_005604(1).jpg
20230808_005604(1).jpg (32.13 KiB) Viewed 4259 times

samuraispeedo
Great Britain

Post by samuraispeedo » Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:31 am

I’d happily take the small suits off you haha!

Flatfront
United States of America

Post by Flatfront » Tue Aug 08, 2023 10:40 am

Mategear used to sell flat front suits for their Asian market where guys liked that tucked look. I bought some of those suits to wear at the beach. See my Avatar at the right. Most guys can't wear that flat style. Now that they sell a lot to the world market, their new suits have pouches. They still use the smaller Asian waist sizes, I have to buy XL size.