G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Exploring TURBO brand

Questions about buying speedos - ask them here. If you manufacture or sell speedos - feel free to post about them in this area.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

sandford50
Great Britain

Exploring TURBO brand

Post by sandford50 » Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:29 am

I've seen some excellent, colourful designs on the TURBO website and as it's Black Friday week, tempted to get one. Has anyone bought TURBO as general beach wear before? Is a WATERPOLO suit different in cut to a SWIMMER style? It looks like they are, but Im not sure how. any thoughts, guys? I like the briefer styles obviously.

https://turboswim.com/en/

otter
United States of America

Re: Exploring TURBO brand

Post by otter » Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:42 pm

The water polo cut has 7cm (3”) side seam, whereas on the swim cut it is 10cm (4”). The water polo brief will sit lower on your hip, just above your femur, where your leg articulates. In appearance it will sit about three finger widths below your navel, where as the swim cut will ride higher on the hip and two finger widths below the navel. The leg opening is about the same in either case. I do like these. They are solid and offer a lot of compression and a secure tie string. They are not going to pull off, neither while playing water polo (I don’t) nor while playing in heavy surf (I do). Great for the pool or the beach. One of my favorite briefs is a Turbo Sardine water polo cut. I like to show it off.
feel water like an otter would

sandford50
Great Britain

Post by sandford50 » Fri Nov 24, 2023 5:16 am

otter wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:42 pm
The water polo cut has 7cm (3”) side seam, whereas on the swim cut it is 10cm (4”). The water polo brief will sit lower on your hip, just above your femur, where your leg articulates. In appearance it will sit about three finger widths below your navel, where as the swim cut will ride higher on the hip and two finger widths below the navel. The leg opening is about the same in either case. I do like these. They are solid and offer a lot of compression and a secure tie string. They are not going to pull off, neither while playing water polo (I don’t) nor while playing in heavy surf (I do). Great for the pool or the beach. One of my favorite briefs is a Turbo Sardine water polo cut. I like to show it off.
Good to know. My use would only be beach wear. Just concerned at some of the negative Trust Pilot reviews.

otter
United States of America

Post by otter » Fri Nov 24, 2023 3:30 pm

The TrustPilot negative comments are all about snafus in ordering, not about quality of the merchandise. I've never ordered from them direct, so I can't comment about that. I've found my Turbo briefs on ebay and at a local Sports Basement retailer. If I'm ever in Barcelona again, I'll definitely want to visit Turbo's main brick and mortar store, and hang out on the Platja de la Barceloneta! I've only been there in the off season and haven't see the scene that it becomes in summer.

Here's a photo my wife snapped of me in my favorite Turbo, Sardine print, on wide open Cabo Pulmo beach, Baja Sur.
CaboPulmoTurbo.jpeg
CaboPulmoTurbo.jpeg (52.05 KiB) Viewed 5560 times
feel water like an otter would

TimidSmooth
Great Britain

Post by TimidSmooth » Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:08 am

I didn't know they had a store. Worth a trip to Barcelona, I feel

_su_
United States of America

Post by _su_ » Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:05 am

I've tried the water polo cut but not the swim brief. Wore them to the beach regularly. They have held up against riding in the surf, and they do stay on reliably.
Speedo tanlines - making you even easier to find in the dark...

ExBex
United States of America

Post by ExBex » Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:25 am

A few years ago, i ordered some suits direct from that Turbo website during one of their sales. I had no problems, even with ordering from the USA and shipping from Spain.

I got some waterpolo briefs and a supertrunk (which is unlined in the back, like the swim brief). For a brief, I'd probably just stick with the fully lined waterpolo version. Super durable. Even though the cut is small, it actually feels kinda conservative because the material doesn't stretch and it keeps the bulge from being too bulgy.

I've only had 2 issues with Turbos:

1) I had some trial/error in figuring out what size worked best for me. They don't stretch much, so there's a fine line between too small and too big.
2) I ended up with XS, and the pattern got clipped because of the smaller cut. My "New Zealand" suit turned into a "New Zealan" suit!

paspeedo
United States of America

Post by paspeedo » Sat Dec 16, 2023 8:29 pm

I’m have several turbo suits. I have always went with the water polo suits, and ordered one size up.[IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202312 ... 6c2b21.jpg[/IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk