G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Speedo Parody Video

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

shadowmn
United States of America

Speedo Parody Video

Post by shadowmn » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:28 am

Speedo USA posted this video on their FB page. I'm not sure if this video helps us speedo wearers or makes
things worse. While the guy seems to be in good shape, he's wearing those speedos all wrong I think. Pulled up too high? You be the judge.

http://yt2fb.com/i-wear-speedos-despaci ... i-ftdaddy/
Just a straight guy that enjoys wearing speedos. Life is too short, enjoy wearing what you want.

BJE
United States of America

Re: Speedo Parody Video

Post by BJE » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:35 am

Some of them are just too wide sided for my liking. Those with the narrower sides are probably too high. It seems some guys think the waistband has to come up to the level that you would wear pants which is too high for them to look good. The only other man I ever see in a speedo at the pool at my gym pulls his way too high which makes the leg openings come up really high as well which looks silly.

The video seems to emphasize the fact that everyone makes fun of you for wearing a speedo which doesn't help those of us who do.

swimmy

Post by swimmy » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:32 pm

Somewhere I saw a video explaining how to wear a speedo. There is a trick to it, and part of it is to have that certain size and shape body. Another is to wear it as low as possible. The biggie is the confidence, knowing you look good in it and are not worried what people think. To me it happened naturally by the time I was sixteen, having been on the swim team since eleven and actual Speedo brand nylon team suits were the standard. There were no alternatives. I don't even think there were other brands, even the non-team-color suits we could buy at the sporting goods stores were Speedo brand. Our favorite was the Stars and Stripes that Mark Spitz wore in his famous poster with all the gold medals.
In the video shared here, I'd say Mikey looks best in the blue/green pattern briefs. At about 4:17 in the beach group scene another young man in blue briefs absolutely rocks them. THAT is the perfect speedo bod. Like so many of our buddies here at SpeedoForum...

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:55 pm

swimmy wrote:Somewhere I saw a video explaining how to wear a speedo. There is a trick to it, and part of it is to have that certain size and shape body. Another is to wear it as low as possible. The biggie is the confidence, knowing you look good in it and are not worried what people think. To me it happened naturally by the time I was sixteen, having been on the swim team since eleven and actual Speedo brand nylon team suits were the standard. There were no alternatives. I don't even think there were other brands, even the non-team-color suits we could buy at the sporting goods stores were Speedo brand. Our favorite was the Stars and Stripes that Mark Spitz wore in his famous poster with all the gold medals.
In the early seventies, I only remember Speedo brand being sold at the local sporting goods store, and they had a lot of them.

I was in grad school when Spitz won his golds in 72.
Spitz.jpg
Mark Spitz 1972
Spitz.jpg (55.11 KiB) Viewed 5057 times
Long time Speedo® lover

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:24 pm

Thom wrote:
swimmy wrote:Somewhere I saw a video explaining how to wear a speedo. There is a trick to it, and part of it is to have that certain size and shape body. Another is to wear it as low as possible. The biggie is the confidence, knowing you look good in it and are not worried what people think. To me it happened naturally by the time I was sixteen, having been on the swim team since eleven and actual Speedo brand nylon team suits were the standard. There were no alternatives. I don't even think there were other brands, even the non-team-color suits we could buy at the sporting goods stores were Speedo brand. Our favorite was the Stars and Stripes that Mark Spitz wore in his famous poster with all the gold medals.
In the early seventies, I only remember Speedo brand being sold at the local sporting goods store, and they had a lot of them.

I was in grad school when Spitz won his golds in 72.
Spitz.jpg
That's a lot larger suit than what I wear.

swimmy

Post by swimmy » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:21 pm

Oh yes, but that was the standard competition Speedo brand nylon suit in the early seventies. When Mark wore that one, we all had to have it, it was the rage. He was our hero. I was thirteen in 1972.

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:32 pm

swimmy wrote:Oh yes, but that was the standard competition Speedo brand nylon suit in the early seventies. When Mark wore that one, we all had to have it, it was the rage. He was our hero. I was thirteen in 1972.
I was 8. I wish there was an official US Olympic swim or diving breif now days.

speedorob86

Post by speedorob86 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:44 am

BJE wrote:
swimmy wrote:Oh yes, but that was the standard competition Speedo brand nylon suit in the early seventies. When Mark wore that one, we all had to have it, it was the rage. He was our hero. I was thirteen in 1972.
I was 8. I wish there was an official US Olympic swim or diving breif now days.

couldn't agree more.

I don't know why they don't release the suits that are being showcased at national and international events?

Canada kinda did this past year with their Olympic speedo suit (diving)

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:51 am

BJE wrote:That's a lot larger suit than what I wear.
Yes, the sides were wider in that era. Still, the nylon was light. And the sides had become narrower than those of just a few years before. The newer style (back then) Speedo® nylon suits felt sleek and comfortable. They fit better than the current nylon AB suits, at least on me. They were designed for competitive swimming. I also had a Speedo® brand nylon suit with a different, thinner weave that I bought at the university book store. I wish I still had it. There weren't many with that fabric. It had the Oregon colors, green and gold (yellow).

With the right fit, the nylons worked pretty well. I liked them. I have a magazine, somewhere, with a picture of a swimmer from the early seventies in a Spitz style nylon stripe suit. I've kept it all these years as a reminder of how much I liked swimming back then. As a grad student, I took swimming classes since I could take any phys. ed. class I wanted. They even had us diving off the three meter board. :shock:
Long time Speedo® lover

Bullseye
United States of America

Post by Bullseye » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:31 pm

I think the video is hilarious. Gotta be able to laugh at ourselves. And you know the reactions they show in the video are the way a lot of people react. I am going to have that song stuck in my head for a while!

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:50 pm

I think guys look good in speedos. I don't understand why people react as they do. This is a great video, I shared it on Facebook to go along with my profile picture wearing a speedo.