G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Good comebacks

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

SpeedoSimone
Germany

Good comebacks

Post by SpeedoSimone » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:31 pm

Recently I posted a pic of myself in a speedo on my facebook page. Needless to say, the shit storm began in the comment section. "Wear some pants", "Why do you wear tighty whities in public?", "Dafuk are you wearing?", "Gaaaay"...

Have you encountered the same? What are some good comebacks?

blueflinch
Australia

Re: Good comebacks

Post by blueflinch » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:56 pm

Aw, Simone. Sorry to hear about the "shit storm" on Facebook. I'm a speedo-loving man who can see the humour in speedos for sure. Dicks are naturally funny, right? And men don't usually show off their upper legs, butts and bulges, etc. However, I think any teasing from friends should be good-natured, not nasty or demeaning.

You look pretty amazing in speedos - great body, etc. Are you sure your friends aren't just having a little good-natured fun? Maybe they envy you your beautiful physique?

If I were on your Facebook list of friends, I'd be encouraging more pics! :lol: 8)

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:01 pm

I get flack on Facebook for posting shirtless photos. However I’ve had speedo photos for my profile picture for over a year now. I had the first photo below for a year then switched to the second last month. I haven’t had any comments on them. I think the water hides enough that people don’t freak out. I don’t have any comebacks though.
A5DC22B6-A2E9-4472-9E34-971C11461D83.jpeg
A5DC22B6-A2E9-4472-9E34-971C11461D83.jpeg (129.79 KiB) Viewed 9404 times
89810698-B533-4EA9-9EB5-03B242AA3E2C.jpeg
89810698-B533-4EA9-9EB5-03B242AA3E2C.jpeg (55.7 KiB) Viewed 9404 times

forthebest

Post by forthebest » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:01 am

SpeedoSimone wrote:Recently I posted a pic of myself in a speedo on my facebook page. Needless to say, the shit storm began in the comment section. "Wear some pants", "Why do you wear tighty whities in public?", "Dafuk are you wearing?", "Gaaaay"...

Have you encountered the same? What are some good comebacks?
Nothing, sometimes it’s just best to say nothing and ignore ignorant people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

speedoboi
Canada

Post by speedoboi » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:02 pm

I had a second account under an alias, only those on my friends list were swim brief loving people. However, Facebook suspended my account because my swim brief photos were against policy.

wetman1961
Great Britain

Post by wetman1961 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:18 am

If you post a pic of yourself in Speedos on that cesspool of slime that is Facebook these days, then sadly shitty comments will be inevitable. Just ignore them.

cf. Twitter, Instagram.
Every man should own a Little Black Speedo :P

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:58 am

speedoboi wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:02 pm
I had a second account under an alias, only those on my friends list were swim brief loving people. However, Facebook suspended my account because my swim brief photos were against policy.
Against policy? Were your nipples showing? :lol: :oops:

rmf

Post by rmf » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:35 am

speedoboi wrote:
Simply, Facebook doesn't allow aliases and they probably figured it out. It probably has nothing to do with your photos. Personally, I think aliases are the root of problem with social media these days and why it's mostly garbage with Twitter at the top of the list. While yours may have been innocent, millions of accounts are not and therefore, Facebook cannot make any exceptions to their aliases policy. Now don't get me wrong, I believe there is a fundamental difference between anonymous & alias....
straight, married w/ kids.

speedoboi
Canada

Post by speedoboi » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:53 am

rmf wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:35 am
speedoboi wrote:
Simply, Facebook doesn't allow aliases and they probably figured it out. It probably has nothing to do with your photos. Personally, I think aliases are the root of problem with social media these days and why it's mostly garbage with Twitter at the top of the list. While yours may have been innocent, millions of accounts are not and therefore, Facebook cannot make any exceptions to their aliases policy. Now don't get me wrong, I believe there is a fundamental difference between anonymous & alias....
I was informed by Facebook that my photos violated their policy. One or two of them I had a bulge, nothing more.

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:51 pm

A bulge? :shock: They must have been pretty conspicuous bulges to get banned. You must be a very well-endowed gent to attract the wrath of the Facebook censors! Personally, I'd take it as a compliment! :lol:

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:52 pm

I’ve had speedo pictures removed from Instagram.

rmf

Post by rmf » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:58 am

BJE wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:52 pm
That's absolutely crazy because there are literally hundreds of thousands of guys in swim briefs on instagram. All the major brands have pages too..... Ever think maybe someone who follows you might have reported you?

Bullseye
United States of America

Post by Bullseye » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:03 pm

rmf wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:58 am
That's absolutely crazy because there are literally hundreds of thousands of guys in swim briefs on instagram. All the major brands have pages too..... Ever think maybe someone who follows you might have reported you?
Ok, I admit it. It was me. I was tired of BJE making the rest of us old guys look bad.

...:::sam:::...
Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:41 pm

FB, Insta, its all been good for me, but its all been in competition stuff.

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:09 pm

rmf wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:58 am
BJE wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:52 pm
It was the underwater hot tub shot in a red suit that I’ve posted here. I just posted it there again. Naked butt shots seem to be quite popular but they don’t seem to be removed. I guess some people can’t handle seeing a bulge.

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:34 am

BJE wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:09 pm
It was the underwater hot tub shot in a red suit that I’ve posted here. I just posted it there again. Naked butt shots seem to be quite popular but they don’t seem to be removed. I guess some people can’t handle seeing a bulge.
It's outrageous that a naked bum is less of a concern than a bulge! :shock: :lol: That's the power of the phallus in our culture I suppose. Imagine how the poor folk of ancient Pompeii coped - they had phalluses carved everywhere as some kind of fertility symbol. :mrgreen:

...:::sam:::...
Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:08 am

blueflinch wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:34 am
BJE wrote:
It's outrageous that a naked bum is less of a concern than a bulge! :shock: :lol: That's the power of the phallus in our culture I suppose. Imagine how the poor folk of ancient Pompeii coped - they had phalluses carved everywhere as some kind of fertility symbol. :mrgreen:
Those who were fertile and their free willies faced the wrath of Vulcan (the god, not spock)! :shock: :lol:

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:30 am

...:::sam:::... wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:08 am
Those who were fertile and their free willies faced the wrath of Vulcan (the god, not spock)! :shock: :lol:
Tis true, tis true. :oops:

rmf

Post by rmf » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:45 am

BJE wrote:

ok, so that's slightly more information...... than previously said before..... Facebook has a pretty clear policy about their content and the focus of the photos. There is also a lot of automation behind the page removals. I'd if you posted a full body picture of yourself in the same suit, it would not be removed. It's the focus and quality of the photo that probably got caught in the algorithms.

fatman
Canada

Post by fatman » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:02 pm

When you get into the right groups at Facebook and make the right "friends" you will see tons of speedes and posers and less. Did you all see the video of the spanish boy twerking on a TV dance contest? OMG.