G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

New Speedo Lover to the forums and the Pacific Northwest

If you are new - post an introduction and tell us a little about yourself.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

Solar73
United States of America

New Speedo Lover to the forums and the Pacific Northwest

Post by Solar73 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:35 pm

Hello all, as the title says I’m a Speedo Lover and just moved to the Pacific Northwest. About me: I was on swim teams up until high school so I grew up with Speedos and they are totally normal to me however high school was almost 25 years ago. Thankfully I’m still in decent shape and I still love smaller base layers, 90% of the time I’m wearing a thong, the other 10% bikinis. I got back into lap swimming about 3 years ago and wore board shorts one time, then Speedo Solars ever since. I now switch suits every visit (so they last longer) between Speedo Solars, Sporti Euros, and some poly Arenas.
I just moved out near Tacoma WA from the US Midwest. I see there are some members on the forum who are listed somewhat nearby, hopefully they can share some current information on local spots where I could finally wear my Speedo in public and not catch a world of crap for it. Like many others here, I don’t subscribe to the stigmas associated with them, I think Speedos and Thongs are both incredibly functional and practical items. While I do have my personal opinions, I’m also open minded and don’t judge. Looking forward to exchanging information with everyone and welcome the possibility of meeting people too.

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Re: New Speedo Lover to the forums and the Pacific Northwest

Post by Speedoaddict » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:56 pm

Solar welcome to the forum.
You will love it on here. The members are great, you will soon learn who the regulars are.
Looking forward to hearing more from you.
Love speedos, running shorts, rugby shorts, Aussie rules footy shorts.

samuraispeedo
Great Britain

Post by samuraispeedo » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:55 am

Welcome dude! Any pics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:47 am

Welcome!
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

MrMusik
United States of America

Post by MrMusik » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:57 pm

Welcome Solar!

We are glad to have you here!

Solar73
United States of America

Post by Solar73 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:35 am

Thanks for the warm welcome fellas. Sorry to report no photos to share, but soon as I get some I’ll be sure to.. Especially as I know nobody on this site thinks they are strange.

MrMusik
United States of America

Post by MrMusik » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:54 am

Solar73 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:35 am
Thanks for the warm welcome fellas. Sorry to report no photos to share, but soon as I get some I’ll be sure to.. Especially as I know nobody on this site thinks they are strange.
Not strange at all, Solar!

We are always happy to have more people joining the fold of wearing Speedos or briefs!

I really think there are a lot of guys who have some and wear them under their clothes. I think this is primarily because people in the USA have been conditioned from and early age that they should not be wearing things like that in public. Frankly, that is a pile of hooey and if people would get over this puritanical bologna, there are tons of great reasons to wear appropriate swimwear.

Look forward to your pix in the future.

Solar73
United States of America

Post by Solar73 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:42 am

Found a local community aquatic center to get some lap swimming in. Called ahead and they said “yeah, Speedo’s are no problem.” Hope to sign up soon..Only downside is it’s still indoors, so no tan lines :-( When I lived in the Midwest my deck was private enough that I could tan it all, unfortunately I’m in a townhouse here so that’s why I’m seeking local knowledge of any current “Natural “ beaches. Will keep everyone posted..

SEASPEEDO
United States of America

Post by SEASPEEDO » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:04 pm

Welcome to this group and to the PNW!

I'm also in the PNW... not that familiar with places in Tacoma... I was going to suggest the "Y"... I know they have a pretty new/nice facility. Normally there's no problem with speedos at a "Y"...

I'm not sure of places to sun outside... I've been to Point Defiance Park and went down to the beach and layed out in my speedos when we had nice warm weather, but I was the only one! In Seattle, there's a couple of nude beaches... one in the city at Madison Beach on Lake Washington and another north of the city in Edmonds, on the Sound.... I've not been to either, however I've heard they are quite active and nude, speedos are no problem!

If I can help you more, let me know.....

Solar73
United States of America

Post by Solar73 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:39 pm

SEASPEEDO wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:04 pm
Welcome to this group and to the PNW!

I'm also in the PNW... not that familiar with places in Tacoma... I was going to suggest the "Y"... I know they have a pretty new/nice facility. Normally there's no problem with speedos at a "Y"...

I'm not sure of places to sun outside... I've been to Point Defiance Park and went down to the beach and layed out in my speedos when we had nice warm weather, but I was the only one! In Seattle, there's a couple of nude beaches... one in the city at Madison Beach on Lake Washington and another north of the city in Edmonds, on the Sound.... I've not been to either, however I've heard they are quite active and nude, speedos are no problem!

If I can help you more, let me know.....
I looked up Madison Park, no way the North park is natural friendly, its wide open and clearly visible from the street. The south beach looks possible, be surprised if the one has full exposer possibility as it looks very well used ( roped off water areas, floating dock, etc) but I will for sure keep on in mind when the weather warms up.. Have you heard anything about "Denny Blaine" beach or "Howell ParK" I think I got those right? They come up when I do a search, but none of the reviews posts are very current, so not sure if still viable options or not. I really would be totally happy for just speedo acceptance (don't mind funny looks or subtle comments, just don't want the confrontational/aggressive types) as we all know just how much more enjoyable they are for swimming and general fun in the sun. A nude beach would be great for of course "getting some sun" then not looking totally goofy later when you're wearing something different than when you got the sun the first time :-)

SEASPEEDO
United States of America

Post by SEASPEEDO » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:21 am

Solar,

Denny Blaine and Howell Park are pretty close to Madison Beach... I"ve heard of them, but no experience at either. I think Madison Beach would be pretty speedo friendly.... Also, for just laying out in a park, no beach, Volunteer Park would be a good choice... it's on Capital Hill which is the city's "gayborhood"...

keep in touch!