G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Lasers away

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

NJFrenchy
France

Lasers away

Post by NJFrenchy » Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:19 pm

I hate my pubic hair. It feels itchy all the time, like straw. I prefer having it totally bare, but shaving is very time consuming. Also I have very sensitive skin, so razor bumps are a constant issue in spite of using various products to treat them. I’m reluctant to try waxing, not because of the pain but because of my skin. (Edit) Initially this was about sugar waxing, but I opted for laser removal instead.
Last edited by NJFrenchy on Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buttoned up college professor by day, happy freak at heart! There will be nudity. I’m French and American. Sometimes the flag is one country’s, sometimes the other’s.. Oh!

BJE
United States of America

Re: Pour some sugar on me (question about sugaring)

Post by BJE » Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:35 pm

I’ve waxed before but I did not like the results. Waxing or otherwise removing pubic hair by the root causes a lot of infected ingrown hairs.

What I do is use an epilator on my penis and balls and I shave the rest. I use a quality Gillette razor and shave against the grain every day in the shower. I very seldom have any irritation or ingrown hairs. Of course I’ve been shaving for years so I guess my skin is used to it.

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:40 pm

Due to issues with ingrown hairs, etc, I only trim my pubic hair with a scissors. A friend tried removing his testicle hair with some cream, and it ended up bleeding. So I'm not game to do too much down there! :lol:

NJFrenchy
France

Post by NJFrenchy » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:00 am

That’s cool. I think I’d rather use a straight razor than an epilator there, but nice that it works for you. Unfortunately, my hair grows in no discernible direction but every which way. So I don’t really have a grain to shave with or against. The hair on my head is the same way, as is my other body hair. My girlfriend gets sugared all over and thinks it’s the bee’s knees. So we’re both getting it done together in two weeks. I understand it’s far less painful than waxing, with fewer ingrown hairs. This method doesn’t tear off the upper layer of skin like waxing. I guess I’ll find out soon.
BJE wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:35 pm
I’ve waxed before but I did not like the results. Waxing or otherwise removing pubic hair by the root causes a lot of infected ingrown hairs.

What I do is use an epilator on my penis and balls and I shave the rest. I use a quality Gillette razor and shave against the grain every day in the shower. I very seldom have any irritation or ingrown hairs. Of course I’ve been shaving for years so I guess my skin is used to it.
Buttoned up college professor by day, happy freak at heart! There will be nudity. I’m French and American. Sometimes the flag is one country’s, sometimes the other’s.. Oh!

NJFrenchy
France

Post by NJFrenchy » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:13 am

Yikes! I tested one of those removal creams on my arm and had a rash for a few weeks. So, definitely not something I want to put on my crotch! I don’t like my body hair. I wish I was totally hairless below the neck, but think that removing leg hair would be too much! Also my gf likes my bit of chest hair. Fortunately my hair isn’t very thick.
blueflinch wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:40 pm
Due to issues with ingrown hairs, etc, I only trim my pubic hair with a scissors. A friend tried removing his testicle hair with some cream, and it ended up bleeding. So I'm not game to do too much down there! :lol:

...:::sam:::...
Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:11 am

Once you’ve had laser hair removal, you will never do it any other way again.

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:23 pm

If we could invent a cream that would permanently eliminate body hair we’d be rich. I also wouldn’t mind removing all of my body hair but my wife wouldn’t like me to shave my legs.

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:24 pm

...:::sam:::... wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:11 am
I’ve had laser on my chest and abs but recently I’ve begun to grow hair on my back and shoulders and laser has been completely ineffective on it.

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:25 pm

NJFrenchy wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:00 am
That’s cool. I think I’d rather use a straight razor than an epilator there, but nice that it works for you. Unfortunately, my hair grows in no discernible direction but every which way. So I don’t really have a grain to shave with or against. The hair on my head is the same way, as is my other body hair. My girlfriend gets sugared all over and thinks it’s the bee’s knees. So we’re both getting it done together in two weeks. I understand it’s far less painful than waxing, with fewer ingrown hairs. This method doesn’t tear off the upper layer of skin like waxing. I guess I’ll find out soon.
BJE wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:35 pm

An epilator doesn’t remove skin either but still with the angle that my pubic hair grows it easily gets ingrown.

NJFrenchy
France

Post by NJFrenchy » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:47 pm

That’s probably what’s going to happen eventually. Whoever does yours is really good! How often do you get it done?

NJFrenchy
France

Post by NJFrenchy » Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:21 pm

its probably not too far off. We’re almost at the point where you can 3D print kidneys, and there’s tons of money in the cosmetics business. I’m sure someone is researching it. I’m a doctor, unfortunately a doctor of philosophy. I can cite historical precedents of hair removal, but am useless at most sciences, especially chemistry. I have a few back hairs around my shoulders, I get electrolysis occasionally and they’re gone for a very long time. But I’ve only got a few hairs, how much are you dealing with?
BJE wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:23 pm
If we could invent a cream that would permanently eliminate body hair we’d be rich. I also wouldn’t mind removing all of my body hair but my wife wouldn’t like me to shave my legs.

Solar73
United States of America

Post by Solar73 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:53 pm

I’ve been both waxed and sugared, for me sugar was better hands down.
First as the sugar is barely above (if at all) skin temp, the only thing you feel when they apply it is the pressure or rubbing sensation. Second when they do “pull it” the level of aim is far less! As sugar doesn’t pull the skin, just the hairs. Now yes you will still feel some of the hairs getting pulled out, but at least for me it was significantly less than waxing. If waxing was a 8 out of 10 on the pain scale, sugaring is maybe a 3. Third, both times I got waxed the next day I had hundreds of red/pink bumps everywhere!! Turns out it was a histamine reaction to the wax, I took Benadryl after the second visit and it helped a little bit not perfect. With the sugar, I was totally fine. Fourth= Ingrowns... There are to many variables to cover here (technician skills, hair type,location,etc) but like the reduced level of discomfort, I had far less ingrown hairs with sugaring. So in summary is sugaring perfect? Nope, not at all. Is sugaring better than waxing? In my humble opinion, ABSOLUTELY!!

Good luck with you sugaring session, hope it works out great for you, keep us posted how it turns out..

NJFrenchy
France

Post by NJFrenchy » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:12 pm

I’ve heard it’s much better than waxing. Especially if you have sensitive skin like I do. Better than shaving too, for me. I always have some stubble I can’t get rid of, plus it takes a half hour to do carefully every few days. Obviously it’ll still hurt, but not like the agony of waxing. It’s actually kind of surprising it’s not available in more places. I’ll definitely report on the results.

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:27 pm

If the sugaring works out then I’d suggest you buy an epilator and do it yourself. With an epilator you can use it as often as you want as soon as any hair starts growing back. That way you aren’t waiting until you start getting hairy again and when done frequently there aren’t many hairs so there very little pain.

FIFA_D

Post by FIFA_D » Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:19 pm

NJFrenchy wrote:I hate my pubic hair. It feels itchy all the time, like straw. I prefer having it totally bare, but shaving is very time consuming. Also I have very sensitive skin, so razor bumps are a constant issue in spite of using various products to treat them. I’m reluctant to try waxing, not because of the pain but because of my skin. I’ve scheduled an appointment to get a Brazilian sugaring in two weeks. Has anybody on here done this?
If you have a wax in two weeks, start exfoliating your skin now. This will help prevent ingrown hairs and lessen the pain slightly. I use one of those shower gloves and some sort of exfoliating scrub. Don't be afraid to scrub relatively hard on your skin. (I take quite warm showers and find when I exfoliate the water has to be borderline cold to not "burn" after I exfoliate.)
Exfoliating will help shed that top layer of skin that causes the new hair to become "trapped" when it grows back.
Here's a link to some cheap stuff from target. Other brands can get expensive

https://www.target.com/p/dove-body-poli ... A-52732810

Keep exfoliating after your wax too.

I have also had both hard and soft wax applied for hair removal. Hard wax does not utilize paper. it is thicker and the wax is ripped off by hand. They should definitely use this type for all areas for your male brazillian wax. Soft wax is where the paper is applied on top of the wax then ripped off. It makes the process go by quicker but I have had my whole body waxed with hard wax and it took over 5 hrs. It does seem to keep the hair from regrowing for longer.
Other hint would be to bring an airplane bottle of your favorite booze to take a shot before they start and maybe halfway through.
Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

NJFrenchy
France

Post by NJFrenchy » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:14 pm

Thanks for the information. I chose sugaring rather than waxing because it’s more gentle. Still hurts to have it done, but nothing like waxing. The place I booked recommended not exfoliating the night before or the day after. They offer wine in the reception area, but I’ll probably want something stronger.

NJFrenchy
France

Post by NJFrenchy » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:21 pm

Thanks, but I’m just not all that big on tiny needles digging in to my penis and scrotum. Especially since I’m not a professional. I’ll probably wind up getting lasered eventually.

Aircat
Australia

Post by Aircat » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:47 pm

Sugaring is still basically a form of waxing.

But it works better than the wax mixes, so I'm fairly confused about why the chemical wax even exists?
Just a case of big pharma marketing their product and achieving dominance I guess?

If the sugaring mix/cooking is right then it goes on with low heat, low skin stick and good hair grip.

Plus its fully organic and water soluble, no irritating open bleeding pores with alcohol wipes etc or remaining sticky.

Aircat
Australia

Post by Aircat » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:53 pm

Epilator is the rotating tweezers device.

Tiny needless is electrolysis, which is the only true permanant hair killer currently, but very expensive because it requires a professional to spend at least a few seconds per individual hair.

Laser still comes back, but it stays dead for a lot longer than plucking methods.

...:::sam:::...
Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:18 am

BJE wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:24 pm
I’ve had laser on my chest and abs but recently I’ve begun to grow hair on my back and shoulders and laser has been completely ineffective on it.
Darker hair is better, it doesn’t work on blonde and grey