G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Speedos getting harder to buy

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

Papadoop
Great Britain

Speedos getting harder to buy

Post by Papadoop » Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:13 pm

Has anyone noticed the decline in shops selling speedos and swim briefs? Years back you would be spoilt for choice of stores to buy them but even a lot of sports stores dont sell them. Theres barely a few shops now i can pick up a pair

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Re: Speedos getting harder to buy

Post by Scottiebum » Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:42 pm

Cannot remember the last time I looked for them in a shop - always online now
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

SpeedoSimone
Germany

Post by SpeedoSimone » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:06 am

Here in Germany they are in every department store. They always have a good selection of Speedo, Adidas, Arena and some other local brand.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

...:::sam:::...
Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:19 am

Pretty easy to buy them in Australia too. Sports stores, beach shops, pools, there are even Speedo and Budgy Smuggler branded shops

Speedo_arena
United States of America

Post by Speedo_arena » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:43 am

Chalk it up to the shift to online shopping. In the US, we rarely find speedos in shops except a few in big box sporting goods stores. I still see plenty when traveling abroad in Europe and Asia. Meanwhile, there has been an increase in the number of brands (Yeah!)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:18 pm

Speedo_arena wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:43 am
Chalk it up to the shift to online shopping. In the US, we rarely find speedos in shops except a few in big box sporting goods stores. I still see plenty when traveling abroad in Europe and Asia. Meanwhile, there has been an increase in the number of brands (Yeah!)
Dick's Sporting Goods, the only chain left here in SoFL, has them online too. I used to live in Massachusetts. Speedo had a store in the Prudential Center in Boston, but that's long gone. There was a great, local, swimwear store in Copley Place in Boston that sold all kinds of brief swimwear, including some awesome European brands, but that's gone too.
Last edited by Thom on Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Long time Speedo® lover

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:18 pm

Dick’s and Big 5 are the only places in my area with speedos and only very basic. I order online.

Baltspeed
Latvia

Post by Baltspeed » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:25 pm

SpeedoSimone wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:06 am
Here in Germany they are in every department store. They always have a good selection of Speedo, Adidas, Arena and some other local brand.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk
Speedos are not sold that much like some years ago. Baggy shorts, boardshorts and stuff that can be used as streetwear is still dominating. In the east they are still more popular.

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:49 pm

You can buy them in Sports Direct, Decathalon, Debenhams, in the UK and online at Arena water instinct, sport fox, speedo, Adidas, TYR, Jaked, Amazon.
Have you looked at Amazon Global shipping option?
I have sent Speedos to a few places world wide for friends who struggle to get them in their country. Tbh it is usually adidas friends want.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Love speedos, running shorts, rugby shorts, Aussie rules footy shorts.

Solar73
United States of America

Post by Solar73 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:10 am

Yeah it’s sad here in the US. Shopping for anything resembling a “brief” is hard to come BYU less your looking online.

speedostud
Canada

Post by speedostud » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:51 am

Agree, local sporting goods chains might have a very small range of one style in black in the spring, early summer, but that's it. If you go to some of the higher-end department stores you see some, but still hard to find and limited. Move to Australia, they literally have entire Speedo stores in every mall.

BriefsBro
United States of America

Post by BriefsBro » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:10 pm

I saw some at a Dicks Sporting Good. They were on a rack within an aisle of swim stuff. Disappointingly, they were wide-sides, most had 2 inch sides or more.

clem
United States of America

Post by clem » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:27 pm

Dick's--a small selection of black Speedo-brand basic briefs.

Scheels--a small selection of black TYR basic briefs.

That's about it.

Just a few years ago, Scheels carried TYR briefs--which at the time had a very nice, briefer cut--in several colors, including navy and royal blue. No more.

tanodle5
United States of America

Post by tanodle5 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:25 pm

Yea, I always see the most basic of suits at stores here in the US- conservative Speedo/TYR cuts with solid colors. I have heard N2N has an actual physical shop here in Los Angeles. Would be cool to check it out if it's true.

MrMusik
United States of America

Post by MrMusik » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:11 am

tanodle5 wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:25 pm
Yea, I always see the most basic of suits at stores here in the US- conservative Speedo/TYR cuts with solid colors. I have heard N2N has an actual physical shop here in Los Angeles. Would be cool to check it out if it's true.
Andrew Christian has both a factory store and a store front in the LA area. I've picked up stuff when I've been in the LA area before. It is a lot of fun to go into stores like that and see what you can find because they have everything.

The only thing is that Andrew Christian really pushes "gay"... so if you aren't down for that or can't get over that, then you may want to avoid either of their stores. While I love their "Almost Naked" and "Show-It" lines of products, I chose to stop receiving their emails because I felt it was a bit over the top. I love their products, but I'm not a fan of their marketing.