G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Downsizing

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

landoffrozensheep
Great Britain

Re: Downsizing

Post by landoffrozensheep » Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:19 pm

Sam wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:16 pm
Thanks, guys, for your messages!
no worries :)

fbanks
United States of America

Post by fbanks » Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:00 am

If American swimsuits are too large for you, try the Speedo Solar 1" or the Sport Euro Swim Brief and downsize like I do.
Thanks for the advice. Sadly, I have. The 'new' Solar is bigger and has higher side panels than the 'original' Solar. The fabric is different, not as stretchy and forgiving, and the front and rear seams are gone which gave them a nice pouch in the front and sung fit against the bum. I still have three quite tiny and well-used ones of the dozen I owned that survived and always smell of suntan lotion.
Check My Collection in Photos ... always adding new pictures! Fletch.

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:15 am

Sam wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:56 pm
Anyone out there like to downsize? Recently I discovered I like to wear my swim briefs one size smaller. I find they fit more snug, and I can swim and participate in Aqua Aerobics more comfortably. At first, I was concerned I might expose more than I should, but that was because the suit is new and smaller than I am used to. I recommend this to everyone!
I'm right on the edge been small and medium and I always go for small. Fits better and covers everything. Suits tend to loosen up when wet, and downsizing prevents that. Keeps suits from ballooning out when you swim.
Long time Speedo® lover

Sam
United States of America

Post by Sam » Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:33 pm

landoffrozensheep wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:19 pm
Sam wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:11 pm
landoffrozensheep wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:32 am

Both, though haven't been to the pool in years (we moved towns and just never bothered finding it plus too much other stuff going on) Also wear them in the back garden to tan and as underwear (though thats removed the "thrill" of wearing them I used to get, too much of something being a bad thing)
Awesome! Glad that your swim briefs have "grown" on your wife and that you enjoy wearing them in your backyard.

Hope you get back to the pool soon. Hope your wife wears nice one-piece swimsuits to match your awesome briefs! :-)
Lol I suggested matching swimwear but she rolled her eyes, seemingly a big thing in Korea though "couples outfits", getting her into swimwear is an odyssey though due to her neurosis about how she looks...
Oh, well! Keep trying! :-)

Sam
United States of America

Post by Sam » Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:34 pm

Thom wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:15 am
Sam wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:56 pm
Anyone out there like to downsize? Recently I discovered I like to wear my swim briefs one size smaller. I find they fit more snug, and I can swim and participate in Aqua Aerobics more comfortably. At first, I was concerned I might expose more than I should, but that was because the suit is new and smaller than I am used to. I recommend this to everyone!
I'm right on the edge been small and medium and I always go for small. Fits better and covers everything. Suits tend to loosen up when wet, and downsizing prevents that. Keeps suits from ballooning out when you swim.
Go for small! I love it, Thom! I agree that the suit will eventually loosen up and fit the body better anyway! ;-)

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:13 pm

Sam wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:34 pm
Thom wrote:

Go for small! I love it, Thom! I agree that the suit will eventually loosen up and fit the body better anyway! ;-)
Yes! They do stretch and break in.

I hate it when the lycra gives out, and they become unwearable. I had an Arena suit a long time ago that I loved. It had maybe 1.5 inch sides. I wanted it to last forever, but the lycra finally went.
Long time Speedo® lover

landoffrozensheep
Great Britain

Post by landoffrozensheep » Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:34 pm

Sam wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:33 pm

I just like to see how small I can go, prefer them tight tight, prob is that brand sizing various wildly...same size can be anything from too tight to baggy (even have some speedo suits that are completely different in terms of fit despite the label professing them to be the same size (even between colours in the same range oddly)

SpeedoDad78
United States of America

Post by SpeedoDad78 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:29 pm

blueflinch wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:59 pm
Swimmers typically downsize I hear. But, of course, only do it if modesty permits! You don't want half a testicle hanging out of your suit during a race! :lol:
The equipment advice from my son's team's registration.
The most common mistake when buying a suit is getting one that's too large. Many swimmers, especially males, aren't used to wearing more revealing styles and compensate by sizing up.

As a rule of thumb, you should buy a suit that is one size smaller than what it says on the sizing chart.

phltanner
Bermuda

Post by phltanner » Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:12 am

Quite a few years back, I went "down" to a 32 for my Tyr racer lap suit. Mebbe this year I'll try a 30.

In AB's, either WJ's or not) I buy small's in the "loose" (no eleastic waistband) styles, but usually mediums in the elastic styles.

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:02 pm

I think downsizing works, unless the swimmer has an usually large package. Then it's awkward getting the size right. Most guys can squeeze their dick and balls into a smaller size, no problems at all. The average male isn't that massive and it doesn't look vulgar. Well-endowed guys find this hard. If the bulge is right, the butt isn't, and vice versa. :cry:

I may need custom-designed suits - business in the back and party in the front. :lol:

Sam
United States of America

Post by Sam » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:19 pm

Thom wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:13 pm
Sam wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:34 pm
Thom wrote:

Yes! They do stretch and break in.

I hate it when the lycra gives out, and they become unwearable. I had an Arena suit a long time ago that I loved. It had maybe 1.5 inch sides. I wanted it to last forever, but the lycra finally went.
bummer!

Sam
United States of America

Post by Sam » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:22 pm

SpeedoDad78 wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:29 pm
blueflinch wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:59 pm
Swimmers typically downsize I hear. But, of course, only do it if modesty permits! You don't want half a testicle hanging out of your suit during a race! :lol:
The equipment advice from my son's team's registration.
The most common mistake when buying a suit is getting one that's too large. Many swimmers, especially males, aren't used to wearing more revealing styles and compensate by sizing up.

As a rule of thumb, you should buy a suit that is one size smaller than what it says on the sizing chart.
YES! This is a great rule!

Sam
United States of America

Post by Sam » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:22 pm

phltanner wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:12 am
Quite a few years back, I went "down" to a 32 for my Tyr racer lap suit. Mebbe this year I'll try a 30.

In AB's, either WJ's or not) I buy small's in the "loose" (no eleastic waistband) styles, but usually mediums in the elastic styles.
Nice!

Sam
United States of America

Post by Sam » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:23 pm

blueflinch wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:02 pm
I think downsizing works, unless the swimmer has an usually large package. Then it's awkward getting the size right. Most guys can squeeze their dick and balls into a smaller size, no problems at all. The average male isn't that massive and it doesn't look vulgar. Well-endowed guys find this hard. If the bulge is right, the butt isn't, and vice versa. :cry:

I may need custom-designed suits - business in the back and party in the front. :lol:
you sound like a lucky, dude! I am happy to report that I sport a large package but downsize anyway!

Sam
United States of America

Post by Sam » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:24 pm

landoffrozensheep wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:34 pm
Sam wrote:

I just like to see how small I can go, prefer them tight tight, prob is that brand sizing various wildly...same size can be anything from too tight to baggy (even have some speedo suits that are completely different in terms of fit despite the label professing them to be the same size (even between colours in the same range oddly)
we all might have to look into micro bikinis for swimming laps!

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:32 pm

Sam wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:23 pm
you sound like a lucky, dude! I am happy to report that I sport a large package but downsize anyway!
Trust me, mate, there are downsides to being lucky. When the size of your horn interferes with its function, that's a problem. I've got a tight red suit right now I love (Adidas?). But there's the slightest of cracks, an accidental glimpse of nads. Know what I'm saying? I can't wear sexy suits in public. I go for the cheaper nylon suits that have more stretch to fully cover my manhood ...

I was boner-shamed by a chick once for wearing a square-cut. Everything was covered, no nudity, but it was still too visible through the black fabric for Milady's comfort! And it wasn't a downsized suit either. :lol:

Glad to meet another member of the Brotherhood of the Well-Endowed anyway! Is finding really comfortable underwear you can wear everyday something of a pain for you too? I go for cotton briefs. Can't wear boxers or trunks. :oops:

landoffrozensheep
Great Britain

Post by landoffrozensheep » Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:52 pm

blueflinch wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:32 pm
Sam wrote:
Trust me, mate, there are downsides to being lucky. When the size of your horn interferes with its function, that's a problem. I've got a tight red suit right now I love (Adidas?). But there's the slightest of cracks, an accidental glimpse of nads. Know what I'm saying? I can't wear sexy suits in public. I go for the cheaper nylon suits that have more stretch to fully cover my manhood ...

I was boner-shamed by a chick once for wearing a square-cut. Everything was covered, no nudity, but it was still too visible through the black fabric for Milady's comfort! And it wasn't a downsized suit either. :lol:

Glad to meet another member of the Brotherhood of the Well-Endowed anyway! Is finding really comfortable underwear you can wear everyday something of a pain for you too? I go for cotton briefs. Can't wear boxers or trunks. :oops:
Suppose its one plus of being the opposite for me, no risk of sideball happening lol....

landoffrozensheep
Great Britain

Post by landoffrozensheep » Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:56 pm

Sam wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:24 pm
landoffrozensheep wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:34 pm
Sam wrote:

we all might have to look into micro bikinis for swimming laps!
Might be an idea :-D

Sam
United States of America

Post by Sam » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:18 am

blueflinch wrote:
Sam wrote:

I'm with you, my friend. For underwear, I go for cotton briefs as well. I can't wear trunks or boxers either, so I go for bikinis or a "Tanga." We do have to be careful at the pool and the beach! ;-)

MrMusik
United States of America

Post by MrMusik » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:19 am

blueflinch wrote:
Hahaha!!!

"Sorry, love!!! Not aroused right now, that is all natural. Want to find out what happens?"
blueflinch wrote:
If you are looking for comfortable undies, have a look at the Andrew Christian Almost Naked and Trophy Boy series. They offer a very nice location to keep your equipment without feeling like you are strangling it to death.