G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Downsizing

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

blueflinch
Australia

Re: Downsizing

Post by blueflinch » Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:01 am

Sam wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:18 am
I'm with you, my friend. For underwear, I go for cotton briefs as well. I can't wear trunks or boxers either, so I go for bikinis or a "Tanga." We do have to be careful at the pool and the beach! ;-)
I think Tanga cut is incredibly sexy in terms of looks. Not sure about physical fit, though. It's a very rare design to see it in shops here ...

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:04 am

MrMusik wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:19 am
If you are looking for comfortable undies, have a look at the Andrew Christian Almost Naked and Trophy Boy series. They offer a very nice location to keep your equipment without feeling like you are strangling it to death.
Thanks. I've heard good things about Andrew Christian Almost Naked range. :P

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:02 am

blueflinch wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:04 am
MrMusik wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:19 am
If you are looking for comfortable undies, have a look at the Andrew Christian Almost Naked and Trophy Boy series. They offer a very nice location to keep your equipment without feeling like you are strangling it to death.
Thanks. I've heard good things about Andrew Christian Almost Naked range. :P
I really like the Almost Naked range - so comfy but supportive, and no sticking!
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:55 am

Scottiebum wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:02 am
I really like the Almost Naked range - so comfy but supportive, and no sticking!
Sounds perfect. :P

beachg0y
United States of America

Post by beachg0y » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:30 am

Oh man! At first the subject line "Downsizing" meant going skimpier, which I started doing a few years back! :D

Mazda3mps
Australia

Post by Mazda3mps » Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:23 pm

always down size because they stretch in water anyway :P

FloridaSpeedo
United States of America

Post by FloridaSpeedo » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:47 pm

I usually downside 1 size but depending on the brand, the male jewels sometimes though get too squeezed. Downsizing is great for lap swimming but I like a looser visit at pool parties, beaches and on cruises.

Sam
United States of America

Post by Sam » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:16 am

beachg0y wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:30 am
Oh man! At first the subject line "Downsizing" meant going skimpier, which I started doing a few years back! :D
I love that you downsize, my friend!

Sam
United States of America

Post by Sam » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:17 am

FloridaSpeedo wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:47 pm
I usually downside 1 size but depending on the brand, the male jewels sometimes though get too squeezed. Downsizing is great for lap swimming but I like a looser visit at pool parties, beaches and on cruises.
I am so happy that you downsize for lap swimming. it does make the swimming easier and more comfortable, even though our family jewels might get squeezed! ;-)

landoffrozensheep
Great Britain

Post by landoffrozensheep » Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:40 pm

Sam wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:17 am
I am so happy that you downsize for lap swimming. it does make the swimming easier and more comfortable, even though our family jewels might get squeezed! ;-)
Ain;t the squeezing part of the fun?

Sam
United States of America

Post by Sam » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:23 am

landoffrozensheep wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:40 pm
Sam wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:17 am
Ain;t the squeezing part of the fun?
squeezing is definitely part of the fun!
I downsize all the time for lap swimming, and I constantly make sure my boys are safe and secure!
they will be "enhanced" and "highlighted," but my downsized swim briefs keep them in place for a great swim. if only I could wear a thong to the pool

muscleworship5

Post by muscleworship5 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:24 pm

SpeedoDad78 wrote:
blueflinch wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:59 pm
Swimmers typically downsize I hear. But, of course, only do it if modesty permits! You don't want half a testicle hanging out of your suit during a race! :lol:
The equipment advice from my son's team's registration.
The most common mistake when buying a suit is getting one that's too large. Many swimmers, especially males, aren't used to wearing more revealing styles and compensate by sizing up.

As a rule of thumb, you should buy a suit that is one size smaller than what it says on the sizing chart.
awesome

Flatfront
United States of America

Post by Flatfront » Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:39 am

fbanks wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:37 am
All the time! I came across this technique years back when swimming a mile daily and purposely started to drop one or two sizes to get a tighter, smoother fit on my Speedos. I could feel the difference when swimming with suits that were literally glued to my body when wet and didn't have a wrinkle or ripple in the fabric.

That was also about the time I discovered Asian-cut Japanese Style Speedos that had narrower sides, rode lower on the hips, and had a rear seam that literally cupped the fabric to my ass. These run small to begin with, and the stretch in the fabric is so amazing! I can comfortably wedge myself into one of these suits and yes, it may push some limits of coverage, but not be obscene or obnoxious. They would show my pubes (if I wasn't so trimmed) and displays a modest amount of butt-crack, along with the bottoms of my cheeks. Most of my suits are Asics, Arena and Aqux from overseas as I now find American Speedos to be too big for my taste.

I have carried this to the beach, hot tub, pool, where I tend to always wear as small of a suit as possible where I don't mind exposing a lot of flesh and love to have minimal tan-lines. Most of my pictures here are me in a small suit.
When I was a kid I liked to squeeze into old suits I had outgrown, and nylon suits did not stretch much. Now I also wear flat front Japanese style Speedos from AQUX, Arena and Mategear, my favorites. My avatar shows one, the Mategear fabric is just stretchy enough for comfort as it gives a nice minimized, flat Ken doll look. I can wear the smallest suit on a crowded beach since there is no big bulge. Some suits are so small, I have to wear them a few times to "break in" the fabric for comfort. They are always tight enough so nothing can pop out of the sides, sometimes they just slide up inside me if the water is cold.
Last edited by Flatfront on Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

whoami

Post by whoami » Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:45 pm

I like flat front suits too. Pointing up shows amazing VPL. That’s how I wear mine when swimming laps. I recently saw a guy in a pair of yellow speedo at the beach. (I couldn’t identify the make as there was no logo) The suit seems to be lined but the shape of his bulge doesn’t leave much to the imagination. When wet, his bulge looks hotter.