G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Keeping sane under 3 week lockdown

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

landoffrozensheep
Great Britain

Keeping sane under 3 week lockdown

Post by landoffrozensheep » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:36 pm

So as of now the UK is under a 3 week lockdown, not too bad for the wife and I as due to her disability and immuno suppression we are loners anyway but there was always the option of going out for multiple walks a day if things got "heated", 1 walk a day ain't going to handle this too well...

So for our UK members (and anyone else under lockdown) how are you planning to keep your sanity over the next 3+ weeks?

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Re: Keeping sane under 3 week lockdown

Post by Speedoaddict » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:49 pm

I am at work tomorrow. My father has leukaemia and my mother has muscular dystrophy. So it is very worrying for me at the moment. I also suffer from depression and anxiety and all of this is killing me, I am having major problems processing everything. I will spend my time looking after my parents the best I can so no rest for me. Speedos are in a drawer and I am afraid to say that is where they will be staying. It will be a case of Netflix, Amazon Video, and film on blue ray. Might get a bit of Xbox in and if the weather is ok might sit in the back garden enjoy a bit of sun.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Love speedos, running shorts, rugby shorts, Aussie rules footy shorts.

landoffrozensheep
Great Britain

Post by landoffrozensheep » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:23 pm

Speedoaddict wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:49 pm
I am at work tomorrow. My father has leukaemia and my mother has muscular dystrophy. So it is very worrying for me at the moment. I also suffer from depression and anxiety and all of this is killing me, I am having major problems processing everything. I will spend my time looking after my parents the best I can so no rest for me. Speedos are in a drawer and I am afraid to say that is where they will be staying. It will be a case of Netflix, Amazon Video, and film on blue ray. Might get a bit of Xbox in and if the weather is ok might sit in the back garden enjoy a bit of sun.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know what you mean, I have C-PTSD and anxiety disorder, but oddly i'm deviating from agitated to utterly calm and collected, i think its because its happening now and I can do something, rather than waiting for it to happen with uncertainty over whats going on (seemingly very common for anxiety sufferers to find waiting worse than the actual event, many will grab the bull by the horns and get things over with, when they have to wait, dont know whats going on or can't resolve something then and there, it destroys them with stress (and thats me to a tee) ) I think its because I live with the person I care for so its just a matter of sitting this out and trying not end up at each other's throats. Garden and my garage (within my garden) is where I'll be spending time when I need to decompress and I'll be making the most of my daily walk with the dog.
However for me speedos will be either underwear or tanning attire (if the weather suddenly warms up that is....though I do have an empty greenhouse.......now there's an idea...on the subject of greenhouses I'm now wishing I'd bought more compost when I had the chance as I have half a small bag and quite few tomato plants almost ready to plant on.....)

aznspeedoboy
United States of America

Post by aznspeedoboy » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:05 pm

Hoping to keep my sanity by being as intentionally preoccupied as possible. Some home workouts, meditation, going out as needed (groceries), and keeping in daily touch with friends over FaceTime/Skype/etc.

Trying to also use this time to try body weight workouts in speedos!
20-something year old asian boy who loves speedos. 8)

Norfcountryboy
Great Britain

Post by Norfcountryboy » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:56 am

Am finding it a bit stressful as it means been seperated from my partner- we live apart- so not been able to support him. Will also miss both his and my Mum's birthdays.
I'm working from home which I find, shall we say odd. Although work- my employer traditionally has not been the best place to work for- have been superb about this.
I've got an allotment so I'm spending time there each day, our allotment Facebook group have got guidance from the council that tending your allotment counts as your exercise ration. I stopped swimming a few weeks ago, just in case and took up running. So I've been going for early morning or late evening runs.

I'm also thinking about an indoor speedo challenge. I can handle this as I'm alone at home and work have told us not to use video in our conference calls to reduce the bandwith so my colleagues will never know but I think it'd only really have meaning if other forum members joined in and sooner or later we'd need to put clothes on and go outside, so rather than how many days can you go just in Speedo's I'm thinking how many cumulative hours can you speedo during lockdown.
Last edited by Norfcountryboy on Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Real men wear Speedo's

packedspeedo
United States of America

Post by packedspeedo » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:02 am

I'm working through a huge honey-do list of stuff that would otherwise probably never get done. So far, been in in spandex leggings every day. If it were warmer outside I could probably get away with a true speedo to do yard work in.

wetman1961
Great Britain

Post by wetman1961 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:57 am

I shall walk as much as I can.

I was swimming on Friday afternoon, and when we got home at 4.30 we contacted the owner of our local pub to see if he would be opening up that evening. Both things we do regularly, yet within an hour both had been denied to us for an unforeseeable length of time. That was hard, especially as the pub is a vital source of social contact, and regular swimming has helped me to get and keep both my type 2 diabetes and depression into remission.

I can identify with being calm and collected now that the inevitable has happened (I too have anxiety) - thankfully we have swerved a total lockdown and can still get out and about even if in a severely limited way. And fortunately the sun has started shining again so hopefully I will be able to swim in the sea soon.

I'm also relieved that I feel angry, about the incompetent way the UK Government has handled the whole situation (with the exception of the Chancellor Rishi Sunak whose performance has been remarkable for a complete novice to Government). That's a good thing. Why? because if I am feeling anger, I am not depressed.
Every man should own a Little Black Speedo :P

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:03 pm

Australians aren't under official lockdown yet. But we might as well be, since virtually all eateries and entertainment precincts are shut due to transmission fears. I've got a giant pile of library books, magazines, crosswords, etc. If I get desperate, there's some gardening to do. Heck, I might even start writing a novel if this crisis goes on long enough! :lol:

landoffrozensheep
Great Britain

Post by landoffrozensheep » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:12 pm

least its warmer in bris vegas than here...one reason years back i was going to move to the warmer parts of Oz....wife's MS put paid to that sadly :/ (I dislike cold weather, hence the plan to move somewhere where winter temps don't dip below 15C :P lol

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:33 pm

landoffrozensheep wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:12 pm
least its warmer in bris vegas than here...one reason years back i was going to move to the warmer parts of Oz....wife's MS put paid to that sadly :/ (I dislike cold weather, hence the plan to move somewhere where winter temps don't dip below 15C :P lol
Yeah, true. We're kind of in very early autumn here. Felt like middle of summer a few weeks ago. Can get sticky and humid, though. But no, I wouldn't want to live somewhere where it snows. Quite happy being a subtropical baby. :lol:

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:52 pm

Feeling slightly calmer tonight having found the supermarkets with plenty stock and not too busy, so that is a relief.

I am in a completely different situation to most in that I am a lone worker and work in the countryside. This means that my work has carried on exactly as before and I get to enjoy the sunny weather we are having at last, and also other joys of nature waking up in the spring.

I am of course missing my outside interests like swimming, running and meeting people socially.

Sending best wishes to all on the forum in this difficult time, please do not suffer alone if it is getting you down, drop a pm, there are friendly decent folk on here to talk to.
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

FloridaSpeedo
United States of America

Post by FloridaSpeedo » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:58 am

in Ft Lauderdale here and the beach is closed. Most of my friends are paranoid. So I walk across from the beach (you can't touch sand- tons of police on each corner), pullup bar and biking.

Just recd. a note the lock down in Florida has been extended till May 8th. No gym and no lap swimming. Killing me

PNWGuy

Post by PNWGuy » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:37 pm

I've been working from home for over 25 years, so my daily routine really hasn't changed much. But my photography business won't have any local customers until this pandemic runs its course. My boyfriend is now working from home, and he reports less stress than doing the same work in his regular office. Maybe it's because he has windows now.

It's the beginning of gardening season here in the Pacific Northwest so we're getting more gardening time in than we might otherwise. We live on 5 acres, so have plenty of private space to roam and enjoy nature waking up after winter's rest.

We've been doing yoga in our living room for some years now, and that of course continues. What we wear for that depends on the temperature in the house, and our mood. It ranges from birthday suits to sweats, or sarongs or kilts.

Unfortunately, we're likely in this for the long haul. Certainly much longer than the initial 2-week lockdown we're now experiencing.