G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Speedo mocking

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

...:::sam:::...
Australia

Re: Speedo mocking

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:08 am

Idaho wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:38 pm
...:::sam:::... wrote: Out of interest, what does your sister swim in? T-shirt and shorts?
She wears something similar to this. Image
I've never even seen those in the pool before.

Idaho
United States of America

Post by Idaho » Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:54 am

...:::sam:::... wrote:
Idaho wrote:
...:::sam:::... wrote: Out of interest, what does your sister swim in? T-shirt and shorts?
I've never even seen those in the pool before.
She doesn’t swim at a pool hardly ever. We live next to a lot of rivers and lakes so swims there.

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:58 pm

Idaho wrote:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow, that is conservative. Still, understandable given your locale. I had relatives in eastern Oregon.
Long time Speedo® lover

diveguy
United States of America

Post by diveguy » Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:35 am

Idaho wrote:
That doesn't even look like swimwear, more like just a tank top and shorts. If it is actual swimwear, I'm assuming it's targeted more towards much older women. Based on it though, is it safe to assume that your sister has body issues of her own about herself?
Underwater and Speedo loving straight guy

Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:29 am

diveguy wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:35 am
That doesn't even look like swimwear, more like just a tank top and shorts. If it is actual swimwear, I'm assuming it's targeted more towards much older women. Based on it though, is it safe to assume that your sister has body issues of her own about herself?
What's interesting, is why people think bodies are disgusting or inappropriate. Heads ok, necks ok, arms are ok, male chest is ok, female chest is to be hidden, abs are ok, hips are disgusting, legs are ok and feet are ok. The problem isn't really the parts that are disgusting but people have been made to think that they are disgusting. We're not born with an instinct that tells us to hide certain bits of our bodies because they're bad, thats something that people are taught and it is perpetuated. People have so much baggage about their own and others bodies.

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:20 pm

I’ve never had any negative comments but I’ve heard laughing and a few times young boys have asked their mothers why I was wearing my underwear at the pool.

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:23 pm

I’ve polled a group of older women in the hot tub at my athletic club whether or not my speedos were offensive. They said no and seemed puzzled that I would ask. I think they enjoy the view.

Norfcountryboy
Great Britain

Post by Norfcountryboy » Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:25 am

Wracking my brains to remember if anyones ever mocked me for speedoing and I honestly can't remember a single occasion. Yeah there's been a few times people have done double takes but that's it. England's pretty much an "I'll mind my business and you mind yours" place.

A few times I've been aware of other men checking me out and there's been an approval vibe rather than a sexual sense, kind of; "Speedos, you can, I can't", sort of thing.

I think men collectively have been saddled with a puritan dresscode without their approval. It's as though "Doing sexy" is a sign of male weakness not strength. In summer you see lads who've put the hours in, rocking their bare chests but their clothes are really baggy and unflattering. It's a wierd disconnect.
Real men wear Speedo's

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:01 pm

Norfcountryboy wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:25 am
In summer you see lads who've put the hours in, rocking their bare chests but their clothes are really baggy and unflattering. it's a weird disconnect.
It really is. I've stayed in touch with a friend from the northeast who is from Thailand. I noticed on his FB page that he's spent a lot time in the gym and has a body to die for...from the waist up. In the pic, he's wearing the baggiest board shorts I've ever seen. Disconnect is the operative word.
Long time Speedo® lover

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:12 pm

Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:29 am
We're not born with an instinct that tells us to hide certain bits of our bodies because they're bad, that's something that people are taught and it is perpetuated. People have so much baggage about their own and others bodies.
They're agreed upon social norms. Certainly not anything inherent. In Scandinavia, little kids run around naked. (I did as a little kid here in the U.S. when we went to the beach.) In the Nordic countries, no one goes into shock if a woman is sunbathing topless. I think religion probably has had something to do with it. There's some passage of the Bible that talks about modesty of appearance. I flunked out of Sunday School.
Long time Speedo® lover

_su_
United States of America

Post by _su_ » Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:39 pm

You never know these days, what will shock and what will get mocked; and what will simply get accepted. Recently, to deliberately shock her neighbors in Conservative Alabama, I volunteered to "check the mail" (pun intended) while visiting my mother-in-law with my wife. I walked out to the mailbox at the street in my speedo and a cowboy hat and took a very, very prolonged gander at what had been delivered, even "accidentally" dropping some items I had to bend over to pick up. When I got back inside, my wife showed me a couple of pics she took.

Only a week later, my wife says... "Oh, I sent a pic of you in your speedo to my boss (a younger woman) while we were all drinking. Says you're her second favorite man now, behind her husband."

So, now not only has my mother-in-law seen me in speedos, her neighbors too, but also my wife's boss has me on her cell.

All this to say.... No mocking.

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:38 am

_su_ wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:39 pm
You never know these days, what will shock and what will get mocked; and what will simply get accepted. Recently, to deliberately shock her neighbors in Conservative Alabama, I volunteered to "check the mail" (pun intended) while visiting my mother-in-law with my wife. I walked out to the mailbox at the street in my speedo and a cowboy hat and took a very, very prolonged gander at what had been delivered, even "accidentally" dropping some items I had to bend over to pick up. When I got back inside, my wife showed me a couple of pics she took.

Only a week later, my wife says... "Oh, I sent a pic of you in your speedo to my boss (a younger woman) while we were all drinking. Says you're her second favorite man now, behind her husband."

So, now not only has my mother-in-law seen me in speedos, her neighbors too, but also my wife's boss has me on her cell.

All this to say.... No mocking.
Good to hear. I think a lot is to do with confidence, attitude, and (sorry to say) age. If you act like you own it then you are less likely to get hassle. Teens that seem to comment on others swimwear are more likely to make fun of someone their own age than someone of their parents age. Also, in my case, a 'don't mess with me' look also works!!
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

paspeedo
United States of America

Post by paspeedo » Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:51 pm

I usually visit our local river, and there is a low train vessel where only one lane of traffic can go through at one time. I have people who honk and give me thumbs up.

Once, at another river location, I was walking to my truck which was about 100ft up the road. This wacko lady was walking the opposite direction and started yelling in the top of her lungs..couldn’t understand a word she was saying, but it did seem that I triggered her!!

The only negative I got was a few years back at a local lake..it was a very hot day and just decided to stop. I changed into a pair of turbos (always have a pair in my truck for emergencies!)

A kid no more than 12 years old started yelling from far away...put some pants on ...over and over. Sorry kid, I didn’t pack a pair of Levi’s!

bondiboy
Canada

Post by bondiboy » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:53 am

It actually happened to me on bondi beach. One girl really seemed to like them and wanted a picture but there was one really loud girl that was basically hollering at me as I walked across the beach not far from her. I just kept walking and didn’t even acknowledge her in any way. She looked like the bitch haha.

Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:42 am

Well this was unexpected. I've never really been mocked. My mum rides a lot in a crazy riding group and they invited me to go riding with them. I do a lot of riding normally and normally in proper riding kit because its more comfy. I turn up thinking its all going to be pretty chill so I just wear my street kit. Mum just looks at me and says "Are you wearing that!". Ummm, yep. Then her doctor friend rolls up... she also looks at me and says.... "Oh, are you wearing that!". :lol:

Ok ok, I get the hint, next time I'll wear my tight riding kit for the old girls. :lol: :lol:

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:45 am

Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:42 am

Ok ok, I get the hint, next time I'll wear my tight riding kit for the old girls. :lol: :lol:
LOL!!
Long time Speedo® lover

diveguy
United States of America

Post by diveguy » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:29 am

Closest I came to being mocked was when I was snorkeling in Hawaii. I was cruising along the sandy bottom on a breath hold dive in about 15 to 20 feet deep water when I looked up towards the surface and saw two teenage girls, one of which was trying to get her companion's attention, pointing down towards me and visibly laughing. I was wearing my black, 1" Speedo, and I guess she never saw a man in a speedo before. I hope she got a mouthful of sea water and choked. Not really. Well, maybe.
Underwater and Speedo loving straight guy

n2er

Post by n2er » Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:06 am

It's unbelievable to me that the country where brands like n2n or andrew christian come from, that at speedo they think it's underwear.

Let everyone wear what is comfortable for them.

ToTheMax
United States of America

Post by ToTheMax » Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:34 pm

I wore swim briefs for the first time this summer every time I went to the beach. Dark solid briefs so nothing crazy. The only comment I got to my face (besides from my wife who is still getting used to them) was from a young kid asking if I was wearing underwear. I said it was a swimsuit and got nothing further. Sometimes I’d hear laughter from groups or catch looks, but nothing I wasn’t expecting and who knows if the laughter was about something else entirely anyways. Trying hard to not care, be confident, act normal…my speedo mantra.
Live and let live

Flatfront
United States of America

Post by Flatfront » Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:46 am

I'm a very hairy masculine looking guy, and I've never been mocked for any speedo or thong I wear. I did get some comments, and people snapping photos, when I wore my leather breechcloth and poncho on city streets and a park.