G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Fitness + Swimming Goals in 2021

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

jca155
Canada

Fitness + Swimming Goals in 2021

Post by jca155 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:05 am

Hey guys! Wish you enjoyed the first 21 days of 2021 so far. Let's hope everything will get better than it was in 2020.

Last year, despite of the lock downs and spending a lot more time at home, I didn't only avoid gaining any COVID weight, I ended up lost 50 pounds within one year. I went from 255 lbs with 27% body fat in Dec, 2019 to 205 lbs and 18% body fat in Dec, 2020. (See the progress below)

There's no short cut. What I did was workout more (I go to F45 and they had a pretty good workout at home program during the lockdown), and started to eat smarter.

When the lockdown measures in my province eased a little bit in summer, 2020, I started going to the pool and added swimming to my workout routine. I know my technique is inefficient, so I joined a swimming class to learn more. Unfortunately, the class got suspended half way because of the higher case count in the fall and government stepped up its restrictions.

Luckily, although adult group fitness is suspended, community pools remain open for individuals to workout on their own. I keep on swimming Monday to Friday in the morning, then lift weights at F45 in the evening. It feels incredible! I am so happy that I finally converted myself from a couch potato to a somewhat active person.

In 2021, I would like to keep up with the work. My goal is to loose another 20-25 lbs, along with another 6% body fat. I also would like to improve my swimming skills. Currently, my front crawl speed is slow and inconsistent. It ranges between 2’25”/100m to a whopping 3’10”/100m. My goal is to bring it down to 2’00” consistently.

Hope you guys can keep me motivated and hold me accountable. I will report back on my progress from time to time.

Cheers! :)
Johnny

This is how I looked like in February, 2020. I took this picture after a swim at the hotel pool while on business trip. I weigh around 240 lbs at that time.
Feb 2020.jpg
Feb 2020.jpg (131.73 KiB) Viewed 9611 times
This is how I looked like in January, 2021. I took this picture before heading out to my morning swim. I weigh around 208 lbs right now. (Yes, I gained I few extra pounds after Christmas. LOL)
Jan 2021 2.jpg
Jan 2021 2.jpg (223.41 KiB) Viewed 9611 times
Johnny in Vancouver

wetman1961
Great Britain

Re: Fitness + Swimming Goals in 2021

Post by wetman1961 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:33 am

All I'll say is: well done!

I've also lost weight, doing pretty much the same as what you did. I'd got down to 217lbs before Christmas, then we went into a second lockdown and the pools closed again so I am about 220lbs now. I had been 275lbs at my biggest though three years ago so I'm pretty pleased with myself. You should be too!
Every man should own a Little Black Speedo :P

jca155
Canada

Post by jca155 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:56 am

Thank you wetman1961! You have done a fabulous job too! :)

I once reached 260-range 4 years ago. I was tired and sleepy all the time. It wasn’t great at all.

I am 34 years old right now. Loosing weight is already harder than it would be if I started in my 20’s. And I believe it’s going to require a lot more effort and determination if I started any later.

At the end of the day, health is the biggest prize here. But I am also happy to have a hotter body, which comes as a bonus. 8)
Johnny in Vancouver

...:::sam:::...
Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:55 pm

Well done what an amazing change and transformation. Another 6% and you'll be showing us your 6pack! With your swim, technique is key. Looking forward to following your progress!

jca155
Canada

Post by jca155 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:29 pm

...:::sam:::... wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:55 pm
Another 6% and you'll be showing us your 6pack!
Fingers crossed I can get there one day! It would be amazing!

I never had a flat stomach in my life. :lol:
Johnny in Vancouver

...:::sam:::...
Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:42 pm

jca155 wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:29 pm

Back yourself, you'll be there!

swimmer3333
Australia

Post by swimmer3333 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:59 am

jca155 wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:29 pm

Congrats! Keep going! You'll get there. Doing something you enjoy really helps to make it sustainable too and it sounds like you're doing exactly that. As the weight comes off it gives you an excuse to buy new speedos.

Oceanrunner79
United States of America

Post by Oceanrunner79 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:42 am

Sounds like you are off to a great start keep it up

jca155
Canada

Post by jca155 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:34 am

swimmer3333 wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:59 am
As the weight comes off it gives you an excuse to buy new speedos.
Haha! Yea. I already have an excuse to buy some new speedos.

I bought a few pairs of Sluggers a few months ago. They are already a bit too loose. There were a few times I didn't tie the drawstring tight enough. They slid 1/3 way down my bum as I pushed off the wall. But there were people following me so I had to keep swimming to the other end and fix it there.

I am kinda sad they don't fit me perfectly anymore because they are super comfortable. But hey, I guess it's a good problem to have. I will definitely replace them with the exact same pair but one size smaller. :P

Banana Hammock Jan 2021.jpg
Banana Hammock Jan 2021.jpg (213.33 KiB) Viewed 9444 times
Johnny in Vancouver

jca155
Canada

Post by jca155 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:35 am

Oceanrunner79 wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:42 am
Sounds like you are off to a great start keep it up
Thank you Oceanrunner. You are very kind. I will not disappoint you!
Johnny in Vancouver

swimmy

Post by swimmy » Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:34 pm

Way to go! I know losing weight can be tough but you seem ready and able to do what it takes. I love the banana swimsuit. I doubt I'd wear it in public but at home it would be fun. I think I'll order the new Arena Crazy Zebra suit next if it ever becomes available in my size. It looks hot on their model. I wonder if it would be construed as gay though, because it has some rainbow coloring. I'm a closeted bi guy so don't want to wear anything "suspicious" at the pool. The guys aren't real nice to lbgt around here. I've recently become aware that I love to suck cock.

swimmer3333
Australia

Post by swimmer3333 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:11 pm

jca155 wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:34 am
swimmer3333 wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:59 am
As the weight comes off it gives you an excuse to buy new speedos.
They are already a bit too loose. There were a few times I didn't tie the drawstring tight enough. They slid 1/3 way down my bum as I pushed off the wall.
Swimming for fitness does result in more rigorous push-offs from the wall so they do need to be relatively tight.

I dropped a bunch of weight over the years but didn't throw out the old too large pairs. You sorta get attached to them and it's also nice to see a reminder of the weight loss!

jca155
Canada

Post by jca155 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:54 pm

swimmy wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:34 pm
Way to go! I know losing weight can be tough but you seem ready and able to do what it takes. I love the banana swimsuit. I doubt I'd wear it in public but at home it would be fun. I think I'll order the new Arena Crazy Zebra suit next if it ever becomes available in my size. It looks hot on their model. I wonder if it would be construed as gay though, because it has some rainbow coloring. I'm a closeted bi guy so don't want to wear anything "suspicious" at the pool. The guys aren't real nice to lbgt around here. I've recently become aware that I love to suck cock.
I am not sure about the vibe in your town but Vancouver is a very LGBT-friendly city, even in the surrounding suburbs. Although I am usually the only speedo wearing guy in my daily 7am swimming slot and all other guys wear either jammers or square cuts, no one really care what I wear.

I understand everyone has a different comfort level when it comes to revealing the sexuality but wearing Arena Crazy Zebra suit doesn't necessarily make you "suspicious". Why can't an LGBT supporter wear that to show their support?

Whether you love to suck cock or to eat pussy, it's none of the strangers' business. What really matter is your positivity and confidence. Just speedo on, my friend! :)
Johnny in Vancouver

jca155
Canada

Post by jca155 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:02 pm

swimmer3333 wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:11 pm
I dropped a bunch of weight over the years but didn't throw out the old too large pairs. You sorta get attached to them and it's also nice to see a reminder of the weight loss!
I am not sure if you have shared it in another post but I would love to hear your story. Based on your avatar, I am sure you had great success!

I sold one pair of Budgy Smugglers, which was way too looser lap swimming, on eBay. But after hearing your advice, I think I am going to hold on to all my existing suits to remind myself of the weight loss journey.

Maybe one day I will get to know a guy who wants to start his own journey, I can give him my older pairs, tell him how they motivated me and keep him motivated. :lol:
Johnny in Vancouver

swimmer3333
Australia

Post by swimmer3333 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:06 am

jca155 wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:02 pm
swimmer3333 wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:11 pm
I am not sure if you have shared it in another post but I would love to hear your story. Based on your avatar, I am sure you had great success!

I sold one pair of Budgy Smugglers, which was way too looser lap swimming, on eBay. But after hearing your advice, I think I am going to hold on to all my existing suits to remind myself of the weight loss journey.

Maybe one day I will get to know a guy who wants to start his own journey, I can give him my older pairs, tell him how they motivated me and keep him motivated. :lol:
I haven't shared but it's probably a familiar story.

I was super skinny as a teen and also crazy about swimming. I probably ate mostly pretty well, but I could literally eat anything I wanted and it didn't matter.

Then I hit my 20s, became less active, travelled a lot, moved to another part of the world, didn't eat hugely well, started a family and the next thing I knew I was 95kg. It happened slowly, and I think because I'd always worked on the assuption that I could eat and do whatever, I didn't realise it was happening. But then it dawned on me.

Shortly after I'd return from Europe to Australia and slipped back into my old more active lifestyle.

So I did 2 things. I made being active part of nearly every day. This was easy because I chose things I enjoyed - swimming and water polo. So it wasn't a chore. The other thing I did is changed my diet, but again it consisted of food that I enjoyed. In particular, I try and keep the food as clean as possible, avoid processed, don't add sugar to anything. Alcohol is moderate. I have a bit of chocolate here and there.

Over this time, what constitutes 'active' has changed too. I'll regularly swim more than 70km a month, plus a heap of walking, some cycling, and water polo in non covid times. All things that don't feel like a chore.

The end result of that is that a decade or so later after hitting 95kg, I'm now about 68kg, which is pretty much close to where I was at 18.

I think the key with this stuff is to do something that's sustainable and enduring, and that's best achieved by making sure whatever it is you do, make sure it is something you like!

swimmy

Post by swimmy » Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:03 am

I wish you awesome guys were nearby to swim with and try on speedos with and 69 a little and help me experience things I missed all those years I thought I was strictly straight. So many of you are so sexy I get halfway hard and ooze in my skimpy little underwear when I read posts and see photos here. There is nothing like a fine bod in a Speedo. Other than that bod standing naked with said speedo flung away to the corner and a penis growing and rising in pulses with our heartbeats. I love rippled abs and big hard pecs and that perfect butt we real swimmers have.

Iowlbnaf1
Great Britain

Post by Iowlbnaf1 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:47 pm

Well done on your progress!

jca155
Canada

Post by jca155 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:48 pm

swimmer3333 wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:06 am
The end result of that is that a decade or so later after hitting 95kg, I'm now about 68kg, which is pretty much close to where I was at 18.

I think the key with this stuff is to do something that's sustainable and enduring, and that's best achieved by making sure whatever it is you do, make sure it is something you like!
That's incredible! It's amazing to maintain the 18yo weight level in your adulthood.

I am already lighter that where I was when I graduated university 12 years ago. If I stay the course, I can probably reach my 18yo weight with a better toned body by the end of this year! 8)

Not like you, who were an athlete in your teenage, and can pick up a sport fairly easily, I was never an athletic person. I barely passed P.E. in high school. I am glad I finally find a sport I can enjoy and see good results from that.
Johnny in Vancouver

jca155
Canada

Post by jca155 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:34 pm

swimmy wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:03 am
There is nothing like a fine bod in a Speedo. Other than that bod standing naked with said speedo flung away to the corner and a penis growing and rising in pulses with our heartbeats. I love rippled abs and big hard pecs and that perfect butt we real swimmers have.
Haha! It takes a lot of effort to get the nice abs, big hard pecs and the perfect butt you are talking about.

I too admire the guys who have all that.
Johnny in Vancouver

jca155
Canada

Post by jca155 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:34 pm

Iowlbnaf1 wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:47 pm
Well done on your progress!
Thank you! :)
Johnny in Vancouver