G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

I want to wear my speedos around family

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

swimmerguy
United States of America

I want to wear my speedos around family

Post by swimmerguy » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:52 am

I’m still shy and nervous to rock a speedo at a family pool party or beach gathering. I’m going away to Florida with the family soon and I want to wear my speedos around the pool and beach with them and feel good. Do I just say fuck it and go for it? I wanna sport this and work on my tan.

Any tips to overcome this fear?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by swimmerguy on Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dannyboi
Great Britain

Re: I want to wear my speedos around family

Post by dannyboi » Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:31 pm

Yeah, just do it! I spent far too long trying to figure out how to get into a Speedo with friends and family, until I said fuck it and packed nothing else for a weekend away.

There were a few surprised looks, but I didn't care. Worn a Speedo ever since.

Edit: plus, that suit is awesome!

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:17 pm

While I think your white suit is awesome, personally it would not be the first suit I would wear in front of family.
However I think you could wear any of your other suits, as Danny says just go for it. As I said in another thread it is very much about attitude - if you wear it confidence and own it others are less likely to comment because they will see you do not care. If you try to hide it and are embarrassed then others will pick up on it.
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

swimmerguy
United States of America

Post by swimmerguy » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:50 pm

Scottiebum wrote:While I think your white suit is awesome, personally it would not be the first suit I would wear in front of family.
However I think you could wear any of your other suits, as Danny says just go for it. As I said in another thread it is very much about attitude - if you wear it confidence and own it others are less likely to comment because they will see you do not care. If you try to hide it and are embarrassed then others will pick up on it.
Why not this one?

swimmerguy
United States of America

Post by swimmerguy » Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:07 pm

Scottiebum wrote:While I think your white suit is awesome, personally it would not be the first suit I would wear in front of family.

This one better?

Last edited by swimmerguy on Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PNWGuy

Post by PNWGuy » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:21 pm

If you're suffering from lack of confidence, wear the blue suit. It looks good on you and is much less likely to go sheer when wet. But just do it. It's a swimsuit, appropriate for any water activities.

MISpeedo
United States of America

Post by MISpeedo » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:27 pm

Start with the blue one and field any comments from friends and family and when you are more comfortable go for the white one. Both look great on you. The white one may go a little sheer when wet, but if you know it doesn't then just do the white one. You have the body for both.

gomezt141

Post by gomezt141 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:45 pm

I would say either is good, just try not to get hard or that mite make it wierd

swimmerguy
United States of America

Post by swimmerguy » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:01 pm

gomezt141 wrote:I would say either is good, just try not to get hard or that mite make it wierd

Ya for sure. I do have a noticeable bulge as you can see

swimmerguy
United States of America

Post by swimmerguy » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:01 pm

Not sure if that is a problem

Speedomartin
Great Britain

Post by Speedomartin » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:36 pm

You look really hot in either summerguy but if it's a family thing I think the blue is the best option. I used to have a white pair and when they get wet they do become see through...... I was a really embarrassed because I am quite hairy around my private parts lol.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:53 pm

swimmerguy wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:50 pm
Why not this one?

As other have said risk of transparency and also I think as it is less common it may attract attention or comment.
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

packedspeedo
United States of America

Post by packedspeedo » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:25 am

What does your significant other think? If there isn't one, go for it.

ChicagoDan

Post by ChicagoDan » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:45 am

swimmerguy wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:07 pm
IMG_6250.jpg
IMG_6323.jpg

This one better?

I would wear the blue one, personally, in front of family and friends. It draws a little less attention, especially for your first time out in them. But you look great in both, you have a great speedo body. Rock em with confidence.

Speedotommy
Great Britain

Post by Speedotommy » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:22 pm

I like the white, I like the blue. But what I love is that bulge in your tight speedos ;) Hawt
Single gay guy, almost always horny, living my best life! 8) Speedoing it up whenever I can

swimmerguy
United States of America

Post by swimmerguy » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:33 pm

Speedotommy wrote:I like the white, I like the blue. But what I love is that bulge in your tight speedos ;) Hawt
Is it too much for a family gathering? I can’t help it. I got older and younger sister but we’re close and think it will be fine

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:06 am

swimmerguy wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:33 pm
Speedotommy wrote:I like the white, I like the blue. But what I love is that bulge in your tight speedos ;) Hawt
Is it too much for a family gathering? I can’t help it. I got older and younger sister but we’re close and think it will be fine

If I am being honest I would say yes, especially if there are youngsters there. I don't know your family of course, but if you cannot help being aroused then I would save the speedos for another occasion or under a small pair of swim shorts.
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

rockman748

Post by rockman748 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:40 am

swimmerguy wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:33 pm

Is it not possible to simply position "yourself" in a different way in the suit? Obviously everyone in your family knows you're a male so it's not really a surprise, but minimizing could help. also factor getting out of the pool/ocean and there won't be much there anyways.
Just a straight guy who likes speedos and aussiebums

swimmerguy
United States of America

Post by swimmerguy » Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:40 am

Think I’m gonna just go for it. My sisters were thong bikinis so if they can do that i should be able to wear what I want

Speedotommy
Great Britain

Post by Speedotommy » Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:28 pm

swimmerguy wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:40 am
Think I’m gonna just go for it. My sisters were thong bikinis so if they can do that i should be able to wear what I want

Yes! Tell us how it goes, I'm sure they won't mind. You're their brother after all, you can wear what you want! And look sexy while doing it... 8)
Single gay guy, almost always horny, living my best life! 8) Speedoing it up whenever I can