G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Aussiebum 50% off sale

Questions about buying speedos - ask them here. If you manufacture or sell speedos - feel free to post about them in this area.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

VPLaddict
Great Britain

Aussiebum 50% off sale

Post by VPLaddict » Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:50 am

Just launched guys. Hoovered up 3 pairs Classic Competition in white, green and ice blue and a pair each of Barely with side ties in black and white. Bring on the summer! Enjoy shopping gents.
A big hard VPL makes me weak at the knees 8)

52dno98
United States of America

Re: Aussiebum 50% off sale

Post by 52dno98 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:52 am

Can someone sell me on Aussiebums? Since they're having a sale, I figure that now is probably a good time to jump in, as it were...

This is just my personal preference, but I really like suits that are nylon/lycra- tight on my skin, soft, and stretchy. It looks like Aussiebums are pretty loose by comparison?

I know there are plenty of AB fans on here... so tell me why you like them. Thanks!

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:45 am

52dno98 wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:52 am
Can someone sell me on Aussiebums? Since they're having a sale, I figure that now is probably a good time to jump in, as it were...

This is just my personal preference, but I really like suits that are nylon/lycra- tight on my skin, soft, and stretchy. It looks like Aussiebums are pretty loose by comparison?

I know there are plenty of AB fans on here... so tell me why you like them. Thanks!
I like the 100% nylon, it is so soft, light, quick drying, smooth, shiny, clinging when wet, how is that for starters?
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

tanodle5
United States of America

Post by tanodle5 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:36 pm

52dno98 wrote:

Honestly, I have a love-hate relationship with them. I love how light weight their suits are, and how fast they dry. The 100% nylon thing is unique, and feels more breathable in the hot/humid climate I live in. The fit/design of their suits is both an upside, and a downside. Generally I like how they are designed and cut, however as many have noted before their fit is inconsistent. When I do get suits that fit properly from them there really is no other suit like it- its perfect! The times I don't well... it can be frustrating (I should note, I've never had any that were so far off I couldn't wear them, just baggy in strange places). As a result I only buy during the sales, that way I'm not too disappointed when the fit isn't optimal. This time I have a red nylon club sport on the way!

phltanner
Bermuda

Post by phltanner » Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:10 pm

52dno98 wrote:

I completely agree with this previous advice. If you prefer tight (snug) suits, then of the ones on sale now, just don't buy the Competition Crew that has no elastic in the waistband. I only like the lightweight thin nylon styles like the Classic, Club and Competition Crew on sale, the latter two that are WonderJock's. You would probably like the Swish or the Party On suits.

Good luck!

_su_
United States of America

Post by _su_ » Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:05 pm

52dno98 wrote:
I'd have to agree with most of what's been said already regarding their suits. Although I wouldn't say the sizing is off, it's more like the cut, or something. Of the nylon Classics, I have tried 3 and they are all extremely high-waisted and am not trying them again. I wear a S or XS, so maybe that's the problem.

Oddly, the 2 "Loose" which I believe are basically the same thing as the Classics, fit me so perfectly, in the other direction; just a hair above my crack in back and maybe an inch above my base in front. And they fit loosely, so they look like they could come off at any minute, but stay on somehow. Great for sunbathing, probably not for rough surf or intense lap swimming.

The 3 Swish suits I have also fit me very well, but may not be what you're looking for, based on your description. Snug fit, but definitely thicker material; lined front and back I think(?). Have worn some out thanks to heavy surf.

The Luxe suits are comfortable, but not snug. Unlined I think, but material is textured or is patterned, so not likely transparent when wet. I wear these at my mother-in-law's pool. They do have a drawstring, but you may want to remove the metal tabs attached to the ends of them (they snip off easily with wire cutters). These are good for sunning in the backyard pool or a relaxed swim, but wait to buy them on sale.

I have far more of their underwear (several dozen?), but would not recommend their boxers (poor material), and have not tried any of their jocks or thongs; just briefs.

I would avoid the Wonderjock or Enlargeit series, unless you're very curious and they are on sale.

_su_
United States of America

Post by _su_ » Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:18 am

So, I got burned by another nylon Aussiebum, from the Competition line. At least they were on sale. Again, they are too high-waisted. The dark green Loose suit that I love so much is shown on top of the lighter green Competition suit, with the tops of the suits lined up. You can see the Competition suit is at least another inch taller at the bottom.

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:11 pm

_su_ wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:18 am
So, I got burned by another nylon Aussiebum, from the Competition line. At least they were on sale. Again, they are too high-waisted. The dark green Loose suit that I love so much is shown on top of the lighter green Competition suit, with the tops of the suits lined up. You can see the Competition suit is at least another inch taller at the bottom.
That is a pain! Their sizing/shape seems to be a problem now.
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

phltanner
Bermuda

Post by phltanner » Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:47 pm

Scottiebum wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:11 pm
_su_ wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:18 am
AB is surely a crapshoot now as to if you'll get what you expect. Only buy em on deep sale!

tanodle5
United States of America

Post by tanodle5 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:33 pm

phltanner wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:47 pm

AB is surely a crapshoot now as to if you'll get what you expect. Only buy em on deep sale!
[/quote]

I got lucky this time! My red competition crew fits better than the first one I ordered in blue several months ago.

phltanner
Bermuda

Post by phltanner » Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:05 am

tanodle5 wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:33 pm

I got lucky this time! My red competition crew fits better than the first one I ordered in blue several months ago.
[/quote]

50% luck is about right: I have one Competition Crew that fits and one that's way tight; both labelled smalls.

speedoluv
Singapore

Post by speedoluv » Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:36 pm

I just bought a pair of the AB classics and I was surprised that the new ones no longer come with an elastic band, just a stretchy draw cord. It is unfortunate that they are cutting costs like that and this was not even made known in the information section.