G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Not exactly about speedos...

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

Texas_swimmer
United States of America

Not exactly about speedos...

Post by Texas_swimmer » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:30 pm

Ok I know this site is dedicated to speedos and other types of suits that we appreciate...
I had a question on underwear, I know several members have posted about the topic before but I dont know if this is the appropriate place to put it so here goes. I guess Dave could start a new section thats dedicated to clothing thats not speedo related... Anyways to the point.

I was bored and looking at various types of underwear online (not only speedos I like but underwear too). I do like to wear Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger and other brands I tend to stick to trunks or briefs. I got a little temptation to look at the thongs section... Its funny because Ive never really thought about wearing that type of underwear and usually found it to be solely for women. But I want to buy one just to see what I think about it...

Now I was wondering if any of y'all have had some experience with thongs and which are good and which are not.

Im tempted to buy this one in black.

http://www.mensunderwearstore.com/prod/ ... U1708.html

or this one in yellow or white or heck even black.

http://www.mensunderwearstore.com/prod/ ... LOW12.html

Im suprised at how pricey the other brands can get... But these two are the ones Im interested in... I keep asking myself if I really want one but at the same time I wanna try one lol..
Life is too short to worry what other people think.

Norfcountryboy
Great Britain

Re: Not exactly about speedos...

Post by Norfcountryboy » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:04 pm

I wear thongs often, mostly as underwear but occassionally for sunning. I've not had either of the thongs you've linked to but I recon the Calvin is better looking.

You don't forget your wearing a thong, it's kind of like wearing loose boxers that ride up and give you a wedgie but in a good way. A lot of guys probably won't like the feeling cos it is constant gentle stimulation but for a few guys it's hot. I love wearing them and also think my Arse looks better in a thong than in 'Normal' Speedo's.
Real men wear Speedo's

Okieswimmer
United States of America

Post by Okieswimmer » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:15 pm

I own the Calvin Klein ones, and I'd say they're an alright thong to start with. However, it's 100% cotton, and I typically prefer thongs to have a little more stretch to them. I think lighter, stretchier material like lycra makes for a more comfortable strap. I must agree with the previous poster that the sensation of the strap between my butt took a little getting used to, but I quickly found it comfortable and stimulating.

By the way, it's nice to see another speedo-clad southerner around here :)

5t9
Canada

Post by 5t9 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:07 pm

Not exactly about thongs...but I have taken to wearing jocks over the past year, because I needed more support "down under" during my work that requires alot of bending, crouching, squatting. Speaking for myself, I think I would find the thong strap uncomfortable, so the jock format is better for my comfort.
Last edited by 5t9 on Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pete25

Post by Pete25 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:38 am

I found thongs take time to adjust to for comfort. The more comfortable ones have a wider strap. The yellow one looks hot to me.

electric2010
United States of America

Post by electric2010 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:37 am

I agree that the yellow N2N looks hot.

beachbum

Post by beachbum » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:54 am

Totally understand you mate!

I had the same idea a few years ago. I had never worn a thong and being also an underwear fan, I wanted to wear something different. The first thong I bought was a big deception. The brand was Luk (french designer), and looked awesome! The only thing is the rubbing of the fabric down there was irritating me like no tomorrow and I could never wear them more than 10 minutes. I tried a few times, and basically gave up on the idea for a few months. Good thing I met a guy online one day and he told me what to buy and what to look for in a thong. Because you are not used to fabric rubbing on your butt hole, you should start with a smaller string (the smaller the better) and build up to it. This is what I did and now I wear thongs whenever I wear dress pants (nothing like wearing a thong under thin layer of fabric).

So if I was you, I would buy the n2n one over the CK. n2n has a small string, and to be honest, they were my second pair who made me love wearing that kind of underwear. Ck are much larger and therefore irritates more. Some models of CK even stitch right under the balls, which I could never get used to.

So be daring and buy yourself a thong! I never regretted it. Besides, I'm sure a lot of guys here would love to see you in them, even if it's on a speedo website ;)

briefboy64

Post by briefboy64 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:02 pm

I've got a Clever Antirio thong. It's kind of high on the waist which isn't my preference but it looks OK and has a nice soft waistband. I agree the N2N one looks better. Bit lower waist. I'm thinking of getting a couple Cocksox sport thongs to add to my arsenal (pardon the pun ;) ). They look pretty good and supportive too.

frankjath

Post by frankjath » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:37 pm

You should defiantly go for it. I have been wearing thongs now for a long time, I started around age 15 and never looked back. I only own one pair of briefs from private structure the rest of my underwear drawer is men's thongs. I can't tell you if the Calvin Kline thong is good or not but I own several of the yellow ones you posted but in blue and green and they are my favorite, I like them so much I am also thinking of purchasing the jock version. It makes me happy to see more guys are learning that thongs are perfect alternatives to boxers and briefs. It didn't take me that long to get use to them and now I don't even notice I am wearing underwear. I even bought n2n's swim thong from their Popsicle line, I don't get to wear it all the often because I only wear it in my pool and not at the beach but this summer I hope to go to Blacks here in San Diego which is the nude beach. A lot more guys wear thongs then we know, its big for guys in the modeling world to wear thongs and even some of them are required to by the designer when doing runway shows. You can't go wrong with n2n, I wish you all the best of luck, and if you have any questions or want to chat PM me or reply to this post.

tanned bum

Post by tanned bum » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:33 am

The looks of a thong are meaningless - especially if it is underwear. What is important is the fit, and most importantly, what is going between your cheeks. You really need to try a few styles for what is comfortable to you. I have my opinions and others have their's but it is your butt and if you are going to wear it all day at work, you want it comfortable! Try on a few and see what back strap you like --- then look for that type of strap with the fronts that are the hottest in appearance. Nothing worse than being stuck in a thong that begins to feel like is is cutting you in half and you can't change. (I found out on a 14 hour plane ride-ouch)

Texas_swimmer
United States of America

Post by Texas_swimmer » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:27 pm

I went ahead and bought the N2N thong, I hope it works out. Being my first one Im ready to try it on, but nervous it wont feel right. Thanks for all the inputs from everyone.

ffboy357

Post by ffboy357 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:04 pm

Hi mate,

I own and I wore both of the thongs of your choice.
I actually have many more thongs - as I do love to wear them.

From my personal experience I could tell you that neither of the models (n2n or CK) are good for beginners in thonging.

The CK thong doesn't have too much elasticity and it feels really uncomfortable at the front (yep the front not the back).
Whereas the n2n - also doesn't have any stretch at the pouch and feels kinda tight. It is also more like a G-string - the back is tiny.

Another, thing for thongs is - go for softer, lighter and thinner materials. Cotton is not the best fabric for thongs - and both CK and n2n - are mostly cotton.

For example - this is one of the best thongs I ever had:
http://www.deadgoodundies.com/apparel/o ... tring.html

It is so light and comfortable - that yep - you will forget you had underwear - OK - almost forget - besides the excitement you can get from the touch of the extremely gentle fabric.

Anyhow, if you'd like to go for cotton - try something with more classic cut like these:
http://www.internationaljock.com/empori ... 52841.html

You can really indulge yourself with something like this as well:
http://www.internationaljock.com/gregg- ... 67675.html

It'll give you hidden powers if you have a fetish towards slinky and smooth fabrics like Lycra.......

Hope this helps.

Texas_swimmer
United States of America

Post by Texas_swimmer » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:12 pm

Well it finally arrived in the mail at my place. Thanks for all the advice but I guess I jumped ahead and bought it before y'all got some more input in. Its ok though, as for the new underwear its great, I really like it. Only complaint is that the pouch could be a little bigger, once I relax though and dont have a stiffy its good to wear. I forgot I was even wearing it all day yesterday, the backstring does take a little bit to get used to though but overall im satisfied.

beachbum

Post by beachbum » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:52 am

Glad to hear! Yeah, trying on new underwear or speedo does get me a stiffy as well. And for the string, on't worry, you will get used to it. Perhaps one day we could all get a sneak peak ;) Just thinking out loud ...

marathonboy

Post by marathonboy » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:19 am

Glad to see an underwear discussion. Love to wear speedos as underwear, but cant everyday. C-in-2 my favorite because they feel like speedos but are all cotton and fit great. Thongs are for going out because of the stimulation(not a great idea at work all the time) and because of the gym lockerroom.

uni swimmer

Post by uni swimmer » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:00 pm

Nice underwear can be a massive turn on, I know its not like a thong or anything but I just bought some fruit of the loom boxer briefs and briefs, I've seen loads of guys wearing them lately and when I saw them in the store I got an instant boner, and even though I got really nervous buying stuff like that I got them, maybe I'll wear them for a new profile picture, Sam x