G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Being a Single Guy and Wearing Speedos

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

Bullseye
United States of America

Re: Being a Single Guy and Wearing Speedos

Post by Bullseye » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:36 pm

Speedo82 wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:50 am
... it's like cutting your pubic hair to make your penis look longer :-)
Really?!!! Never heard that one before!

BTW, Speedo82, is that a real background in your avatar? Your suit looks great on you, but it looks like you are standing in a studio with a tropical beach backdrop.

Speedo82
Denmark

Post by Speedo82 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:22 am

Bullseye wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:36 pm
BTW, Speedo82, is that a real background in your avatar? Your suit looks great on you, but it looks like you are standing in a studio with a tropical beach backdrop.
Despite me saying it's all about appearance, it is actually a real image of me. It was taken on an island in the Mediterranean Sea, so not by definition a tropical island, but quite nice anyway.

Bullseye
United States of America

Post by Bullseye » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:44 am

Glad to know its real! Tropical or not, its a great pic!

speedoboi
Canada

Post by speedoboi » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:43 pm

rozelle wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:50 pm
Bullseye wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:00 pm
Scottiebum wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:08 pm
...speaking as a 1.75m guy.
For those of us in the ol' US of A, that is 5.74147 feet. (At least that is what Ms. Google says.) It would appear, SpeedoBoi, that you are in better company than you thought!
That doesn’t sound right. 175 cm should be 5’9” no?
5'9" is 175cm. I wish I had grown to that height.

speedoboi
Canada

Post by speedoboi » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:46 pm

Budgie wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:59 pm
Hi Speedoboi, do you belong to any social swimming or water sport group? That might be a good way to meet women who are OK with speedos. Or you could invite a girl to a swim or pool party and see how she reacts to what you wear! That'll be a good way to tell if she's right for you or not.
I'm not that good of a swimmer to belong to such a group or club. I would need swimming lessons. I can decently swim and when I go to the gym, I go to a location that has a pool. I wear swim briefs and no one has said anything good or bad.

speedoboi
Canada

Post by speedoboi » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:49 pm

blueflinch wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:00 am
Aw, sorry to hear you haven't found a speedo-loving lady yet. However, by modern standards, there's nothing terribly unusual about being 30 and single. There's still plenty of time to find Miss Right. Maybe if you tan in your speedos, she'll have a chance of spotting you from afar? :mrgreen:

Haven't heard the too-short-for-speedos line myself. Small package, yes; small stature, no. :lol:
If I was 30 and single, available and looking, it would be bad - However, I'm in my 30's, single, available and looking. That's very bad.

Norfcountryboy
Great Britain

Post by Norfcountryboy » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:42 pm

speedoboi wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:28 pm
I remember being told that swim briefs look better on tall guys and that short guys like me shouldn't be wearing them, despite being in shape.
Well that's a load of fucking bollocks right there! Shorts are going to make you look shorter because they make your legs look shorter. Speedo's give you max leg exposure and therefore length.

I'm 5'7" too and never had any problem with it, I don't "Feel" short but am aware that Canada is a "Tall" country compared to England. What is your posture like? A lot of guys slump or slouch but because I have pretty good posture though I'm eye to eye with guys who are 5'10" or so. It's making the most of what you've got. For example _su_ says he's 5'7" but he looks far taller in his pictures. Great posture I guess.
Real men wear Speedo's

rmf

Post by rmf » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:30 am

ok. So I am just going to put it out there that you height is *not* what's holding you back. I think all the other comments have confirmed it too. I didn't meet the right person until I was in my 30's - part by choice & part not. But something that a older person once told me...' the older you get while being single, the pickier you get in finding the right person. So don't get too picky'. I thought that was interesting because I think when I was younger I had a different perspective of the type of person I would marry than I did as I got older. Not that I settled but I definitely had different priorities in the type of person I dated in my 30's then I had in my 20's. I think at the end of the day, finding the right person is like a full time job. You really have to work hard at because it doesn't always come easy.
straight, married w/ kids.

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:23 pm

I thought Canada was a very liberal, open-minded, progressive place? In that fairest of fair domains, does social and romantic inclusiveness not extend to our vertically-challenged brothers? Our brothers over the golden age of thirty? I must take up my quill and write a letter of protest to the relevant authority ... :shock: :cry:

speedoboi
Canada

Post by speedoboi » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:05 pm

rmf wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:30 am
ok. So I am just going to put it out there that you height is *not* what's holding you back. I think all the other comments have confirmed it too. I didn't meet the right person until I was in my 30's - part by choice & part not. But something that a older person once told me...' the older you get while being single, the pickier you get in finding the right person. So don't get too picky'. I thought that was interesting because I think when I was younger I had a different perspective of the type of person I would marry than I did as I got older. Not that I settled but I definitely had different priorities in the type of person I dated in my 30's then I had in my 20's. I think at the end of the day, finding the right person is like a full time job. You really have to work hard at because it doesn't always come easy.
I partly agree with you, but my height is a factor in holding me back. You're right in saying that your perspective does change with age - after all, we change and hopefully mature with age. But it's really irritating because I'm not the staying single type or the kind of person who enjoys sleeping around with just anybody.

forthebest

Post by forthebest » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:22 pm

speedoboi wrote:My apologies for the title because I wasn't sure how to entitle this post.

I'm a straight, but curious and very horny guy with a high sex drive. I'm not into sleeping around with just any guy or girl. I have fooled around with guys through innocent fondling, erotic massage, but no penetrative sex.

I'm single still, not by choice. I'm over 30, and I'm 5'7" which is short for a guy, regardless of sexual orientation. I remember being told that swim briefs look better on tall guys and that short guys like me shouldn't be wearing them, despite being in shape. I still notice many females not in favor of guys in swim briefs, regardless of their body shape. I know I don't have what most females want (it's on the top of their list)- I'm short at 5'7"!!

Before anyone starts to say that I'm not that short; you're wrong. Almost at every social setting, I'm either one of the shortest guys or the shortest guy there. I have noticed when I have fun with guys, my height isn't much of an issue. But then again, it's just for fun, nothing serious. With females, I'm undesirable. There's nothing wrong with my appearance, but I have the one disgusting flaw, a genetic defect - short stature. Even if anyone says that 5'7" isn't short, I can tell you that it's an incomplete height - you're close, but not decent enough to be considered decent height (5'8" apparently is considered decent height) and you're still far from being considered tall.

I want to enjoy life but with a partner and settle down. I enjoy wearing swim briefs, especially for tanning. But even that is considered taboo by most females.

What's a guy in my situation to do? I don't want to live with being single. I wnat to get out of this rut.
First of all stop worrying about what others think about you, your size or how they view guys in Speedos. If you are not comfortable an secure about yourself then wearing a speedo will become a conflict. When you stop worrying about others people opinion then who cares what you wear. If you feel good about wearing a speedo use it and don't give a shit about looking good before women or men.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

speedoboi
Canada

Post by speedoboi » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:48 pm

forthebest wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:22 pm
speedoboi wrote:My apologies for the title because I wasn't sure how to entitle this post.

I'm a straight, but curious and very horny guy with a high sex drive. I'm not into sleeping around with just any guy or girl. I have fooled around with guys through innocent fondling, erotic massage, but no penetrative sex.

I'm single still, not by choice. I'm over 30, and I'm 5'7" which is short for a guy, regardless of sexual orientation. I remember being told that swim briefs look better on tall guys and that short guys like me shouldn't be wearing them, despite being in shape. I still notice many females not in favor of guys in swim briefs, regardless of their body shape. I know I don't have what most females want (it's on the top of their list)- I'm short at 5'7"!!

Before anyone starts to say that I'm not that short; you're wrong. Almost at every social setting, I'm either one of the shortest guys or the shortest guy there. I have noticed when I have fun with guys, my height isn't much of an issue. But then again, it's just for fun, nothing serious. With females, I'm undesirable. There's nothing wrong with my appearance, but I have the one disgusting flaw, a genetic defect - short stature. Even if anyone says that 5'7" isn't short, I can tell you that it's an incomplete height - you're close, but not decent enough to be considered decent height (5'8" apparently is considered decent height) and you're still far from being considered tall.

I want to enjoy life but with a partner and settle down. I enjoy wearing swim briefs, especially for tanning. But even that is considered taboo by most females.

What's a guy in my situation to do? I don't want to live with being single. I wnat to get out of this rut.
First of all stop worrying about what others think about you, your size or how they view guys in Speedos. If you are not comfortable an secure about yourself then wearing a speedo will become a conflict. When you stop worrying about others people opinion then who cares what you wear. If you feel good about wearing a speedo use it and don't give a shit about looking good before women or men.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Okay, I see your point about speedos, what about me being 5'7" - It's another factor too.

rmf

Post by rmf » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:31 pm

speedoboi wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:05 pm
I partly agree with you, but my height is a factor in holding me back. ....
I think the point I was trying to make is that it's not your height that is holding you back - it's *you* that is holding yourself back.... or your lack of Confidence! That's all... If we were talking about say a modeling career, then I would say yes, because I know the industry generally requires a certain height... but to blame your height on why you are single? No... I don't buy it. You being single now has nothing to do with your height or not being able to meet the right person... I think that is the point we all are trying to say here... and I am not trying to be hard or mean about it but I would take the bet any day that there are plenty of girls that will date you at 5.7"... The best advice is to work on your confidence and you have to do the numbers game and I don't mean you have to hook up with every person, I mean just go out and meet them and have a date or something... eventually, you will find the right person. I think of it like finding that needle in a haystack... it's out there but it take a lot of tries to find it....
straight, married w/ kids.

speedoboi
Canada

Post by speedoboi » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:45 pm

Budgie wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:59 pm
Hi Speedoboi, do you belong to any social swimming or water sport group? That might be a good way to meet women who are OK with speedos. Or you could invite a girl to a swim or pool party and see how she reacts to what you wear! That'll be a good way to tell if she's right for you or not.
I replied to your private message.

NJFrenchy
France

Post by NJFrenchy » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:59 pm

@speedoboi. I’m a bit taller than average, but I’ve got a few friends who are your height and they do fine. Confidence is key. I’m not talking about what some people perceive as confidence, which is often just acting like a dick. I’m talking about the kind of confidence where you don’t care what people think. If you want to wear a speedo, wear a speedo. Don’t listen to the snarky remarks. What’s important is that YOU like the way you look in them. If you like yourself, and are sure of yourself, people will notice.
Buttoned up college professor by day, happy freak at heart! There will be nudity. I’m French and American. Sometimes the flag is one country’s, sometimes the other’s.. Oh!

NJFrenchy
France

Post by NJFrenchy » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:30 pm

You say you are 5’7”? That’s the same height as Bruce Lee and Tom Cruise. Now I’m not sure what your build is, but here are couple of Bruce Lee pics I found. I think he looks pretty good.
Attachments
F062A0D3-3BAD-4551-9927-DFA96270718E.jpeg
F062A0D3-3BAD-4551-9927-DFA96270718E.jpeg (97.18 KiB) Viewed 6780 times
D26A9DFB-4F59-4068-8D4D-95491E59A469.jpeg
D26A9DFB-4F59-4068-8D4D-95491E59A469.jpeg (86.5 KiB) Viewed 6780 times
Buttoned up college professor by day, happy freak at heart! There will be nudity. I’m French and American. Sometimes the flag is one country’s, sometimes the other’s.. Oh!