G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

speedo friendly destinations

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

ncstr8male
United States of America

speedo friendly destinations

Post by ncstr8male » Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:01 am

Hey guys, seems we all talk about wanting to try somewhere speedo friendly. Since i was thinking about my next family vacation, I thought is be interesting to hear from you all, where are good places to wear a speedo on vacation? Maybe a cruise line you've been on, or a cruise with specific ports that seemed to have a lot of speedo on it, your favorite beach, or maybe some of the islands (ie...vergin, Bahamas).

(Obviously we know sobe, miami, Brazil are very common)

dhs

Re: speedo friendly destinations

Post by dhs » Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:19 pm

ncstr8male wrote:Hey guys, seems we all talk about wanting to try somewhere speedo friendly. Since i was thinking about my next family vacation, I thought is be interesting to hear from you all, where are good places to wear a speedo on vacation? Maybe a cruise line you've been on, or a cruise with specific ports that seemed to have a lot of speedo on it, your favorite beach, or maybe some of the islands (ie...vergin, Bahamas).

(Obviously we know sobe, miami, Brazil are very common)

Just thinking of that today, I am from mass one hour from cape cod canal
I feel I have many exciting colors!

diveguy
United States of America

Post by diveguy » Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:26 am

I'm west coast so my number one is Hawaii. You being east coast, I would totally love to speedo in the Bahamas, or Grand Cayman, one of those places. Florida too! My dream speedo destinations would be Italy and Greece.
Underwater and Speedo loving straight guy

ncstr8male
United States of America

Post by ncstr8male » Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:19 pm

Maybe after our little one gets a few years old, my wife and I will try Miami. Always heard goods stuff about Miami being speedo friendly. Ice been to grand camen twice. No speedo there. Maybe we need to venture more towards brazil/south America. I've heard the Virgin Islands are a speedo no no.

Texas_swimmer
United States of America

Post by Texas_swimmer » Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:19 pm

ncstr8male wrote:Maybe after our little one gets a few years old, my wife and I will try Miami. Always heard goods stuff about Miami being speedo friendly. Ice been to grand camen twice. No speedo there. Maybe we need to venture more towards brazil/south America. I've heard the Virgin Islands are a speedo no no.

Im suprised to hear that the Virgin islands aren't a good place for speedoers.
Honestly I think Cancun in Mexico would be a good idea, but I don't like how bad the situation has got in Mexico lately. Another option would be Florida in the south.
Life is too short to worry what other people think.

dhs

Post by dhs » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:54 am

diveguy wrote:I'm west coast so my number one is Hawaii. You being east coast, I would totally love to speedo in the Bahamas, or Grand Cayman, one of those places. Florida too! My dream speedo destinations would be Italy and Greece.
I was in Hawaii last October in front of
Hale koa on waikii beach when I noticed
A guy in green & white speedo just
Like the Hawaiian school student has
And was just ready to say hello when my buddy
And his wife yelled to say we are over
Here which was about ten ft from
Speedo guy, never seen him again!
Dhs chuck

ThisCreteGuy

Post by ThisCreteGuy » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:41 am

diveguy wrote:I'm west coast so my number one is Hawaii. You being east coast, I would totally love to speedo in the Bahamas, or Grand Cayman, one of those places. Florida too! My dream speedo destinations would be Italy and Greece.
Living here, I can totally recommend Greece (especially Crete) as a speedo-friendly destination. You can wear anything here (as long as it's something) and nobody bothers at all.
I would say that the proportion of speedos to shorts is about 40/60.

There are nude beaches here but most of them are quite difficult to get to - some of them only by boat.

speedos4me!

Post by speedos4me! » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:48 am

I've been on various "family friendly" beaches in Florida wearing a speedo and never heard a comment or snicker.
Last edited by speedos4me! on Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scottishSpeedo
Great Britain

Post by scottishSpeedo » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:43 pm

Southern Spain is fine also (dry from End June to Middle of August, temps mid 30C to mid 40s C, lots of sunshine, usually minimal trouble if you avoid the clubbing areas and cheap food n drink)
Ditto for France
UK can be alright too, no one says anything, if anyone does...tell them to go whistle (weather can be unpredictable though due to maritime climate)

bulginbriefs
United States of America

Post by bulginbriefs » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:40 pm

I have been to Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic. It was at an all inclusive resort. There were several men wearing speedo, myself included. In fact, I spent nearly the entire time there in just my speedo. Needless to say it was a great week. Closer to home, Ogunquit beach in Maine USA is speedo friendly.

_su_
United States of America

Post by _su_ » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:22 pm

bulginbriefs wrote:I have been to Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic. It was at an all inclusive resort. There were several men wearing speedo, myself included. In fact, I spent nearly the entire time there in just my speedo. Needless to say it was a great week. Closer to home, Ogunquit beach in Maine USA is speedo friendly.
I'm vacationing there (Punta Cana) later this year with my wife. She's made jokes about how she can't wait to see how small the suit I wear will be.
Speedo tanlines - making you even easier to find in the dark...

Terron
Canada

Post by Terron » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:19 pm

I for one have always worn Speedos & still do on all my many beach holidays but I think you have to be careful not to offend people by showing too much of a bulge or outline of your manhood anywhere A beach is probably better than a crowded hotel pool Some speedo wearers like to advertise their manhood for obvious reasons & just do it & have the guts to do it On a gay beach or at a gay hotel it is almost a requirement to show off a bit for a bit of attention The Spanish speaking countries Brazil Dutch/French islands do not seem to be offended in the least but the British islands seem more conservative Florida & the southern US seem quite open to Speedos on the larger beaches plus of course Provincetown Mass & California The main thing is to use a little common sense & have the confidence to just wear them & not worry about it Naturally if you are hung like a horse & are wearing a see through it will bring a lot of negative attention to you in many places anywhere Lets get out there & wear a speedo bikini brief racer or square cut like guys do in Europe & Australia & get a great tan line

diveguy
United States of America

Post by diveguy » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:11 am

_su_ wrote:I'm vacationing there (Punta Cana) later this year with my wife. She's made jokes about how she can't wait to see how small the suit I wear will be.
Great comment from your wife! Flat out awesome! I think male/female couples each wearing extremely small swimwear is incredibly hot.

frankjath

Post by frankjath » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:10 pm

I like Blacks Beach in San Diego, CA. I've wrote about it before on here. Its large beach the stretches for miles and the view is amazing. It is a clothing optional beach and very family friendly. I always go nude on this beach but you also get guys in speedos and thongs.

Snowbrief
United States of America

Post by Snowbrief » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:13 am

_su_ wrote:I'm vacationing there (Punta Cana) later this year with my wife. She's made jokes about how she can't wait to see how small the suit I wear will be.
You are one lucky man su, with the wife you have!
Let's keep it brief.

skimpy

Post by skimpy » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:13 pm

Surprisingly in a muslim country, shorts are banned from the pool at the Radisson Ulysse in Djerba, tunisia - speedos or jammers are acceptable: http://www.radissonblu.com/galleries/ra ... s-code.pdf

biker5

Post by biker5 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:43 pm

My wife and I are going to fort Lauderdale Florida Monday. I've got 3 aussieBums packed. I'm hoping to work on my tan lines. I'll report back on the speedo acceptance level.

hispeedofan

Post by hispeedofan » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:18 am

Looks like anytime there is a lifeguard competition, the beach will be full of guys donning speedos and no one seems to think twice.
Attachments
tumblr_nbyfzs7xMM1rs6ymro1_1280.jpg
tumblr_nbyfzs7xMM1rs6ymro1_1280.jpg (78.14 KiB) Viewed 10085 times

hispeedofan

Post by hispeedofan » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:23 am

skimpy wrote:Surprisingly in a muslim country, shorts are banned from the pool at the Radisson Ulysse in Djerba, tunisia - speedos or jammers are acceptable: http://www.radissonblu.com/galleries/ra ... s-code.pdf
It's not that they don't allow shorts, they don't allow street clothes in the pool. The rationale is that street clothing collects contaminants that will end up in the pool if they are worn in the pool. Since most people don't walk around in a speedo/swimsuit, they're believed to be "clean".

diveguy
United States of America

Post by diveguy » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:47 am

hispeedofan wrote:Looks like anytime there is a lifeguard competition, the beach will be full of guys donning speedos and no one seems to think twice.
I LOVE that picture! GREAT looking couple, so confident and relaxed in their little swimsuits. I also like seeing all the other guys standing around in their speedos in the background, and I wish it could be that way every day, not just during lifeguard competitions. Speedos are so comfortable, efficient to wear while in the water, and the tan you get is awesome. I have to believe that most guys that regularly wear a speedo in competitions like lifeguarding, platform diving, water polo etc., would love to wear them casually on the beach all the time but don't because of the bullshit fashion or cultural pressures that frown upon it.