G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Turbo swimwear

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

BJE
United States of America

Turbo swimwear

Post by BJE » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:58 am

My Turbo swim brief arrived today. I think I'm going to like it. Turbo has really weird sizing that is hard to figure out and their water pool brief sizing is different from their swim brief sizing. I ordered two water polo briefs from a US vendor in two sizes but I didn't like the thickness of them and they were both too big. I then ordered a swim brief from a U.K. distributor since I couldn't find anyone in the US who sells the swim brief. I used my experience with the water polo sizing to decide on the correct size. I ended up using my hip measurement as the deciding factor. I measured around my hips at the level I expected to wear the suit as shown in the size chart. I ordered the medium which is indicated a US size 34 which is larger than I would ordinarily wear. However the size chart also indicates that this size is for a 14 year old boy. At any rate the waist is larger than my 32s but the material is not very stretchy so it still has a snug fit. I hope it doesn't loosen up much when wet. He sides are not as narrow as I would like but they wouldn't be considered wide, about 2 1/4". There is good coverage in the back and enough room in the front.

Attached is the mixed up size chart.

paspeedo
United States of America

Re: Turbo swimwear

Post by paspeedo » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:43 pm

I have several pairs of turbo, and since they are 55% PBT & 45% polyester, they don't give much room to move.
I usually order up one size than I normally do, and have not had any issues. Turbo also has a lot of awesome designs too!

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:28 pm

BJE wrote:My Turbo swim brief arrived today. I think I'm going to like it. Turbo has really weird sizing that is hard to figure out and their water pool brief sizing is different from their swim brief sizing. I ordered two water polo briefs from a US vendor in two sizes but I didn't like the thickness of them and they were both too big. I then ordered a swim brief from a U.K. distributor since I couldn't find anyone in the US who sells the swim brief. I used my experience with the water polo sizing to decide on the correct size. I ended up using my hip measurement as the deciding factor. I measured around my hips at the level I expected to wear the suit as shown in the size chart. I ordered the medium which is indicated a US size 34 which is larger than I would ordinarily wear. However the size chart also indicates that this size is for a 14 year old boy. At any rate the waist is larger than my 32s but the material is not very stretchy so it still has a snug fit. I hope it doesn't loosen up much when wet. He sides are not as narrow as I would like but they wouldn't be considered wide, about 2 1/4". There is good coverage in the back and enough room in the front. .
Wow.... You must have a degree in engineering.... Are the sides of the swim brief about the same width as the sides of the water polo brief. Is it fair to say the fabric of the swim brief is a lighter material that the water polo. Also, I'm guessing the swim brief is partially lined rather than like the fully lined water polo brief. Since I wear many of my suits low on my hips and have a smallish butt, the hip measurement would seem to be the best measurement. I also like my suits to fit tight.

What were the sizes of the two water polo briefs that you returned? Just wondered.

Please post the web address for the store in the U.K.

I've been thinking about getting a turbo. From a previous post, I figure I'm a size smaller than you are, so when I order a suit I should just get the next size down.

Thanks for all the info. Amazing detail.
Long time Speedo® lover

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:00 pm

Thom, the water polo sizes I ordered were Turbo size L and XL. It would seem by the size charts that the Turbo water polo size L should have corresponded with the Turbo swim size M according to the hip measurements but it was larger than my liking. The swim brief is front lined only whereas the water polo brief is fully lined and has very little stretch. I would not recommend the water polo brief. I'm not sure if the fabric is the same but the lack of lining makes the swim brief more stretchy. The cut of the two are the same. They are wider on the sides than a Sporti Euro but not as wide as a standard speedo. The website is http://www.turboswimwear.co.uk

I bought it because I was looking for a USA design. They have several other USA designs which are special order and take forever to get so I think it's best to stick with an in stock design.
Last edited by BJE on Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:42 pm

BJE wrote:Thom, the water polo sizes I ordered were Turbo size L and XL. It would seem by the size charts that the Turbo water polo size L should have corresponded with the Turbo swim size M according to the hip measurements but it was larger than my liking. The swim brief is front lined only whereas the water polo brief is fully lined and has very little stretch. I would not recommend the water polo brief. I'm not sure if the fabric is the same but the lack of lining makes the swim brief more stretchy. The cut of the two are the same. They are wider on the sides than a Sporti Euro but not as wide as a standard speedo. The website is http://www.turboswimwear.co.uk

I bought it because I was looking for a USA design. They have several other USA designs which are special order and take forever to get so I think it's best to stick with an in stock design.

Here are a couple of photos of how it fits me.
They really do fit you well, particularly in the butt. I like the top of the suit to hit my back at just that point. I don't like them too high, let alone loose. Previous to this, I didn't know Turbo made suits for swimmers. Thanks for all this info!! T.
Long time Speedo® lover

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:41 am

Certainly look good and the fit looks just right too
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

scott1636
United States of America

Post by scott1636 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:28 am

I have to agree.......the fit on you is perfect. Thanks for the sizing tip. I like to wear them as you do, and the water polo briefs that I ordered are a touch too large. .

socalswimmer
United States of America

Post by socalswimmer » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:35 am

Great fit, front & rear!
See & Show

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:03 am

I should add that the sizing chart shows measuring around the hips at waistband height. My measurement there is 92 cm so going with the medium is slightly undersizing since medium says 90 cm but the next size upmis 95 cm which would have been too large. So I guess I'd say I sized down rather than up.

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:16 am

I wore my Turbo in the water for the first time today. It fit well and did not become loose. It pretty much stayed the same size.

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:47 pm

BJE wrote:I wore my Turbo in the water for the first time today. It fit well and did not become loose. It pretty much stayed the same size.
Thanks for the update. Good to know the fabric is stable.
Long time Speedo® lover

rmf

Post by rmf » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:25 am

I mentioned this before on another thread but on several eCommerce sites that sell Turbo water polo suits say to size 1 size up. Basically if you are a small, order medium and if you prefer them loose, you go two sizes up. Again, this is only for the water polo suits that are double lined and made from the fabric that doesn't stretch.

If you do a search for Turbo sizing here, you can find about a dozen threads of people talking about sizing...
straight, married w/ kids.

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:14 am

I followed that advice when I ordered Turbo water polo suits I ordered one in a one upsize and one in two upsizes and both were too large so I sent them back. This swim brief I ordered one upsize and it fits well but these are sized differently than the water polo suits. Basically Turbo has weird sizing and you're probably not going to find the size that you like without trying several sizes.

speedoboi
Canada

Post by speedoboi » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:13 am

I generally wear a medium, but for Turbo i wear a size L. They're great and never loose even after being in the water swimming. I just find that it "suffocates" for a lack of a better word my erections. When I get hard I have to either take them off or just pull out my hard cock.

swimdude
United States of America

Post by swimdude » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:44 am

Great suit BJE! Own a pair myself but when it came to size I think I down sized. I know I posted a reference in another reply on turbo suits in here somewhere. But I went by the comments on how to go by size by and it helped.
Attachments
IMG_0783.JPG
IMG_0783.JPG (49.36 KiB) Viewed 8609 times

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:54 am

If I bought another one I think I'd go down a size to my usual size it would be tight but that's how I like them.

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:54 pm

That is some picture Swimdude!
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

swimdude
United States of America

Post by swimdude » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:46 pm

I hear ya BJE, some either like it tight or some more space inbetween. Plus turbo is a good brand just wish they werent so expensive I'd probably buy more of em. Thanks for the comment Scottiebum.

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:53 pm

Here is my size M (34) Turbo swim brief with a size 32 Sporti Euro on top. You can see how much bigger the Turbo is. It fits well but I think I would still buy my normal size 32 regardless of what is said about upsizing.

swimdude
United States of America

Post by swimdude » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:06 am

I hear what your saying bout the size, but you also have to take I the fact one is used more for water polo while the other is just normal swim brief.