G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Speedo Wearers

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

BriefsBro
United States of America

Re: Speedo Wearers

Post by BriefsBro » Fri May 31, 2019 1:06 pm

sandford50 wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 5:23 am
It’s definitely a body fascism thing. In the ‘70s and (early) ‘80s guys wore speedos without thought and women in Europe embraced the topless movement on European beaches. Guys bodies weren’t as hot. A six pack hadn’t been heard of, but things were fine. Now, bodies are better, but guys won’t show off what they’ve got for fear of social stigma and women no longer go topless. Again blame the media, As any depiction of a man in a speedo is usually for comedy effect. Where is the holiday advert of a beach, with both the guy and girl in skimpy suits? It just needs a brave advertising agency to start bucking the trend.
I’m willing to argue that the AIDS crisis created a high stigma towards being labeled as gay and at risk of the disease. I feel like there’s an intersection with male sexuality and the repulsion to gay created from this era that began in 1981, actually.

I remember reading accounts that during the 70s being gay started to be accepted and even cool to some, perhaps this came as a result of the sexual revolution that men benefitted more from. (And women since they got birth control around this time). Men felt empowered to be sexy and along case speedos and thongs. However, the AIDS crisis during the 80s and 90s created an aversion to gay men, and perhaps any sign of male sexuality- because if there existed men who were attracted to men dressed sexy, then perhaps the straight ones could be chased by gay men.

Even perhaps, religious fundamentalists responded by calling HIV a “judgement of god”, and so this skyrocketed their conservative, and even body conservative movement because of fears created during the AIDS crisis.

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Fri May 31, 2019 2:55 pm

BriefsBro wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 1:06 pm
I’m willing to argue that the AIDS crisis created a high stigma towards being labeled as gay and at risk of the disease. I feel like there’s an intersection with male sexuality and the repulsion to gay created from this era that began in 1981, actually.

I remember reading accounts that during the 70s being gay started to be accepted and even cool to some, perhaps this came as a result of the sexual revolution that men benefitted more from. (And women since they got birth control around this time). Men felt empowered to be sexy and along case speedos and thongs.
It's a shame really, because there's no correlation between "sexy" and having sex. Just because a girl flaunts a beautiful body in a bikini doesn't mean she's the town bike or even sexually available. (She's probably very happy with her boyfriend, thank you). And a guy in speedos with a nice body - doesn't mean he wants to sleep with anyone. Maybe he enjoys looking hot for its own sake, because he can. I'm for more sexy people, not necessarily for more sexual activity. :lol:

I've worn speedos at an artificial lagoon here in Brisbane. And my motive was to get a better tan (upper legs, etc). Also, wet speedos are lighter in a backpack than wet boardies. I wasn't trying to pick up chicks or dudes, and doubt anyone noticed me in speedos, because they were too busy having fun with their own partners and friends - naturally. 8)

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Fri May 31, 2019 3:04 pm

BJE wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 1:15 pm
As for younger men, my 23 year old son has to have his knees covered.
Ugly knees perhaps? :lol: Not with the wonderful genes he surely must have inherited from you, BJE! :P

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:46 pm

BJE wrote:
The only negative feedback I’ve gotten are teenagers laughing or commenting to each other. I’ve also had young children ask me why I am wearing panties.
That last remark, BJE, strikes me as really, really funny. I can just imagine a little girl asking you that question in all earnestness. Maybe you should have asked her in response why her daddy wears bloomers? (board shorts?) :lol:

Oceanrunner79
United States of America

Post by Oceanrunner79 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:26 am

I always wear my speedo when swimming laps at my local pool or any other pool when traveling. I also wear them to the beach most of the time. Other places such a cruise ships or hotel pools depends on the audience. The more I wear my speedo the less I seem to care what other people think.

...:::sam:::...
Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:20 am

Oceanrunner79 wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:26 am
The more I wear my speedo the less I seem to care what other people think.
I don't think people put as much thought into it as what most on here think.

SEASPEEDO
United States of America

Post by SEASPEEDO » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:34 am

BJE wrote:

As for younger men, my 23 year old son has to have his knees covered.
BJE, Interesting... I was wondering if you being a speedo wearer might have influenced him to become one also. But I guess not.

52dno98
United States of America

Post by 52dno98 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:25 am

MrMusik wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 8:42 am
Yes, everyone knows that a man has a penis, it is not that big of a deal. Yet, people act like they are surprised if they can evidence of such a thing. In the mean time I'm over here thinking, "WTF did you think he has between his legs??? Grow up and leave the guy alone."
This was my wife’s comment exactly! “Dear,” she said, “I can see which way your penis is pointing in your speedo.”

I said, “so? I can see your nipples poking out through your top!”

The double standard is infuriating sometimes.

MexGCM
Mexico

Post by MexGCM » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:19 am

peterwhitethong wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 8:17 pm
Public, I just take care which one to use depending who is around...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I do the same, choose carefuly how skimpy should be acording to the audience.

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:09 pm

...:::sam:::... wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:20 am
I don't think people put as much thought into it as what most on here think.
Agreed, Sam. But I think self-consciousness can do funny things to people's heads. Wearing such a brief suit if you're not used to it probably brings out some anxious thoughts in some people - that everyone's staring at them, thinking judgemental thoughts, etc. ... But I agree, most onlookers probably don't give a hoot. A bathing suit is a bathing suit. :lol: