G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Drawcord hanging out

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

clem
United States of America

Drawcord hanging out

Post by clem » Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:15 pm

...or speedos that even have the drawcord holes on the outside of the brief. Personally, not a fan of the look. Appears "unkept" IMO, and certainly can't be efficient for swimming speed. I think it began with women creating a trend of leaving their workout bikini bottom cords hanging out. But to each their own.

Fred8110
Canada

Re: Drawcord hanging out

Post by Fred8110 » Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:01 pm

I understand the purpose of the drawstring but I don’t really like the shape that give inside personally, but in some guys you can’t even tell is there. Don’t know what they do with it. I don’t like it either in the outside, again, some people make it look good. No win-win for me! But i have a few without them, underwear that I have worn as swimwear.

clem
United States of America

Post by clem » Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:20 pm

There are wild variations in drawcord quality. The ones that don't stay tight unless you double-knot them? Those will make an ugly bulge and may even be irritating. I've even kept good cords from cast-off speedos to use again. What a pain to thread through a speedo, but for a favorite one, it may be worth it.

ExBex
United States of America

Post by ExBex » Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:07 am

I don't like the "fashion" suits with the drawstrings on the outside. Imo, it looks too frilly to have a bow on a swimsuit that is supposed to be streamlined.

But I also don't like my shoelaces tied in a bow. I always tuck them inside my shoes. So maybe I'm weird.

Flatfront
United States of America

Post by Flatfront » Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:35 am

The makers of the tiny AQUX and Mategear suits I wear say to pull the drawstrings and put them under the waistband but do not tie a knot. I guess that reduces the strain on the fabric and avoids a lump at the waist.
Last edited by Flatfront on Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

rmf

Post by rmf » Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:38 am

I have suits that have them on the inside and out. I own both workout suits and 'fashion' suits... with the latter having the cords on the outside. I don't wear the fashion suits to swim laps mainly because they are pretty expensive and will not last in highly chlorinated pool so the string doesn't bother me. Out at the beach, string tied neatly, I think it can look good.
straight, married w/ kids.

nwlmswimmerguy
United States of America

Post by nwlmswimmerguy » Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:00 pm

rmf wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:38 am
I have suits that have them on the inside and out. I own both workout suits and 'fashion' suits... with the latter having the cords on the outside. I don't wear the fashion suits to swim laps mainly because they are pretty expensive and will not last in highly chlorinated pool so the string doesn't bother me. Out at the beach, string tied neatly, I think it can look good.
I’m onboard 100% with your practical assessment of draw cords

speedostud
Canada

Post by speedostud » Sun Apr 02, 2023 7:48 am

A white drawstring hanging over the front waistband of a Speedo turns me on. Maybe it’s the possibility that it’s an invitation?

...:::sam:::...
Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:43 pm

I'm not fussed anymore. Normally when training I think they're tucked in, other than that it doesn't matter. If they're not done up then out.

phltanner
Bermuda

Post by phltanner » Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:39 am

Always out - unless swimming laps - & then sometimes- especially AB Loose suits that must be granny-knotted to stay up, & I let the ends trail!

& yeah, Speedostud, it IS an invitation, but rarely takers!