G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Speedos

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

forthebest

Speedos

Post by forthebest » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:45 am

I have said it before and I know there will be people in this board that will not like what I say but let's not confuse the Speedo brand with other brands. I hear others say: well, all briefs are Speedos. Or maybe that I should join an Adidas, Tyr, Mizuno, Ca-Rio-Ca, etc board. That is not the point. A speedo is a speedo when we are talking about the brand. You can not mix cats with dogs and the same goes with a speedo. You can't call a speedo any swim brief just because it's small. Let the Speedo brand be speedo.

This is a speedo

These are not Speedos,. They are Aronik and Addicted brand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by forthebest on Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

SpeedoUSA

Re: Speedos

Post by SpeedoUSA » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:21 am

forthebest wrote:I have said it before and I know there will be people in this board that will not like what I say but let's not confuse the Speedo brand with other brands. I hear others say: well, all briefs are Speedos. Or maybe that I should join an Adidas, Tyr, Mizuno, Ca-Rio-Ca, etc board. That is not the point. A speedo is a speedo when we are talking about the brand. You can not mix cats with dogs and the same goes with a speedo. You can't call a speedo any swim brief just because it's small. Let the Speedo brand be speedo.

This is a speedo

From the Urban Dictionary:
Speedo
A speedo is a style of swimwear for men and boys which is akin to briefs in terms of how it's shaped. It derives its name from the Speedo company, which first introduced that particular style of swimwear, although people generally refer to all brief-cut bathing suits as speedos, even if they aren't made by the Speedo brand. The fabric of speedos is comprised of lycra/spandex and nylon, making them quick-drying, smooth to touch, and form-fitting.

Str8 Speedo fan

forthebest

Post by forthebest » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:53 am

SpeedoUSA wrote:
forthebest wrote:I have said it before and I know there will be people in this board that will not like what I say but let's not confuse the Speedo brand with other brands. I hear others say: well, all briefs are Speedos. Or maybe that I should join an Adidas, Tyr, Mizuno, Ca-Rio-Ca, etc board. That is not the point. A speedo is a speedo when we are talking about the brand. You can not mix cats with dogs and the same goes with a speedo. You can't call a speedo any swim brief just because it's small. Let the Speedo brand be speedo.

This is a speedo

From the Urban Dictionary:
Speedo
A speedo is a style of swimwear for men and boys which is akin to briefs in terms of how it's shaped. It derives its name from the Speedo company, which first introduced that particular style of swimwear, although people generally refer to all brief-cut bathing suits as speedos, even if they aren't made by the Speedo brand. The fabric of speedos is comprised of lycra/spandex and nylon, making them quick-drying, smooth to touch, and form-fitting.

And the point?

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:46 am

Everyone on this forum seems to have managed fine over the years referring to brief swimwear as speedos (small 's'). I am sure that we are all aware of the difference between Speedos and speedos.
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

speedoboi
Canada

Post by speedoboi » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:02 pm

I have used the term swim brief, but I am still very much used to the term speedo and still use it.

nomorespeedos4me
Azerbaijan

Post by nomorespeedos4me » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:23 pm

FINALLY!!! Thank you so much forthebest for joining our forum and making it your first priority to correct the blatant misuse of the word speedo! I cannot believe how stupid we all have been to use the word speedo to describe swim briefs that are clearly NOT Speedos. And as long as we are setting everyone straight....

Can you please all try to get this right????
These are Kleenex
12964758_Alt04.jpeg
12964758_Alt04.jpeg (38.27 KiB) Viewed 5142 times

And these are facial tissues
Attachments
41gK0YMB5ZL._AC_SY400_.jpg
41gK0YMB5ZL._AC_SY400_.jpg (16.8 KiB) Viewed 5142 times

Bullseye
United States of America

Post by Bullseye » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:53 pm

forthebest wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:53 am

And the point?

Are you for real?!!! The point you can't see... it's your head!

SpeedoUSA

Post by SpeedoUSA » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:38 pm

Bullseye wrote:
forthebest wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:53 am

And the point?

Are you for real?!!! The point you can't see... it's your head!
Thanks Bull...! Well put

Str8 Speedo fan

wetman1961
Great Britain

Post by wetman1961 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:15 am

Speedo is simply a brand name that has become used as a generic word in everyday speech. Like Hoover and Biro.

Anyway Speedo also make swim shorts. Go figure.
Every man should own a Little Black Speedo :P

Aircat
Australia

Post by Aircat » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:07 am

There are lots of brand names which have become the generic term for items, chemicals, medications, tech.

These days a lot of legal departments get pretty aggressive at defending their brand so new usages might have ended, though still going strong for stuff like medication which a lot of countries have a policy of allowing generic substitution so doctor will use the brand name but pharmacy will offer the same chemicals in generic tablets for half the price.