G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Wrestling

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

Speedo_arena
United States of America

Re: Wrestling

Post by Speedo_arena » Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:05 pm

I love singlets and have a few. I wear them working out and running with nothing underneath and a tight shirt usually. I knew guys who used to wrestle and they usually wore something underneath but varied

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:25 pm

What do they wear underneath? Is it to stop erections from showing too clearly through the fabric? :oops:

MrMusik
United States of America

Post by MrMusik » Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:29 am

Speedo_arena wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:05 pm
I love singlets and have a few. I wear them working out and running with nothing underneath and a tight shirt usually. I knew guys who used to wrestle and they usually wore something underneath but varied
I, too, enjoy wearing singlets. Especially these days, you can get singlets made from lightweight Lycra instead of that thick, sweaty, non-stretchy nylon that they used to be made of 30+ years ago. I wear them for workout purposes with nothing underneath and a shirt on top. That way they typically look like bike/compression shorts or jammers, unless I lift up my shirt. Though sometimes the shoulder strap of the singlet can be seen in the neckline of the shirt.

Way back when I was in high school (25+ years ago) I gave up on wearing a jock under my (American) football uniform. I didn't like how the jocks fit, and I loved wearing "bike shorts" without underwear or shorts over them when I was out and about town (much to my mother's chagrin, she always insisted that I should wear underwear under my bike shorts). Everyone else was always wearing jocks, but I enjoyed wearing my spandex bike shorts instead. Thinking back on it now, I should have just gone commando. That would have been a lot more fun! It is amazing to me that I've had these exhibitionist tendencies all the way back to middle school wearing bike shorts and short t-shirts.
blueflinch wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:25 pm
What do they wear underneath? Is it to stop erections from showing too clearly through the fabric? :oops:
Most wrestlers that I have seen wearing singlets for wrestling typically have a jock or wrestling brief on under their singlet. I don't think I've ever seen anyone wear a singlet for wrestling without something on underneath. I believe they do it for modesty, regardless of what they say. The tight singlets that they wear would do a fine job of holding their equipment in place whilst participating in their sport.

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:49 pm

MrMusik wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:29 am
Most wrestlers that I have seen wearing singlets for wrestling typically have a jock or wrestling brief on under their singlet. I don't think I've ever seen anyone wear a singlet for wrestling without something on underneath. I believe they do it for modesty, regardless of what they say. The tight singlets that they wear would do a fine job of holding their equipment in place whilst participating in their sport.
Yeah, I guess a jock would make sense. A singlet with nothing underneath lets you see heaps - a man's genitals in all their glory! :mrgreen:

MrMusik
United States of America

Post by MrMusik » Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:33 pm

blueflinch wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:49 pm
Yeah, I guess a jock would make sense. A singlet with nothing underneath lets you see heaps - a man's genitals in all their glory! :mrgreen:
I'm thinking it kind of depends on why you are wearing the singlet. If you want to show off a bit and be comfortable, just lounge around the house, a friend's house, or cruise looking for hookups, then wearing it without anything underneath would make perfect sense. However, if you are going to be on the mat grappling in a wrestling match, you might want to wear something underneath... or you risk giving your opponent another handle to grab and help control you.

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:54 pm

MrMusik wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:33 pm
I'm thinking it kind of depends on why you are wearing the singlet. If you want to show off a bit and be comfortable, just lounge around the house, a friend's house, or cruise looking for hookups, then wearing it without anything underneath would make perfect sense. However, if you are going to be on the mat grappling in a wrestling match, you might want to wear something underneath... or you risk giving your opponent another handle to grab and help control you.
I don't know if a more unintentionally homoerotic garment could be devised! :lol:

BozeHawk
Canada

Post by BozeHawk » Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:06 am

MrMusik wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:33 pm
... or you risk giving your opponent another handle to grab and help control you.
Inconceivable!
wrestle-0001.jpg
wrestle-0001.jpg (52.94 KiB) Viewed 7425 times
wrestle-0002.jpg
wrestle-0002.jpg (60.02 KiB) Viewed 7425 times

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:34 pm

I know most wrestlers aren't gay, and I don't want to impugn the dignity of this noble sport. But where else, outside of gay sex, could one get so up close and personal with male crotches and cracks? Even as a gay man, I find some of these wrestling poses confrontational. Heterosexual male wrestlers must have iron stomachs or something. Crotches in faces? Arms around bottoms? It's definitely intense body contact even if it isn't in any way sexual ... :oops: :lol:

...:::sam:::...
Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:55 am

MrMusik wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:29 am
...and I loved wearing "bike shorts" without underwear or shorts over them when I was out and about town (much to my mother's chagrin, she always insisted that I should wear underwear under my bike shorts). Everyone else was always wearing jocks, but I enjoyed wearing my spandex bike shorts instead. Thinking back on it now, I should have just gone commando. That would have been a lot more fun! It is amazing to me that I've had these exhibitionist tendencies all the way back to middle school wearing bike shorts and short t-shirts.
Running tights like Skins shouldn't have anything worn under them. Same with bike shorts which also shouldn't have anything worn under them. Bike shorts have got padding for your gooch.

Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:00 am

blueflinch wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:34 pm
I know most wrestlers aren't gay, and I don't want to impugn the dignity of this noble sport. But where else, outside of gay sex, could one get so up close and personal with male crotches and cracks? Even as a gay man, I find some of these wrestling poses confrontational. Heterosexual male wrestlers must have iron stomachs or something. Crotches in faces? Arms around bottoms? It's definitely intense body contact even if it isn't in any way sexual ... :oops: :lol:
What goes through their mind when they see the draw. :lol:

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:50 pm

...:::sam:::... wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:00 am
blueflinch wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:34 pm
What goes through their mind when they see the draw. :lol:
Exactly! :roll:

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:30 pm

I have something that I don’t know what it’s called. It’s a singlet sort of thing that is a tank top with built in thong crotch. So the front is held in a pouch and the butt is naked. I think it’s pretty sexy.

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:30 pm

Speedoaddict wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:31 pm
Ask Archie Andrews ...
The guy they cast as Archie is so hot. Best-looking redhead on TV. And them wrestling scenes ... :twisted:

ReservedEnthusiast
Italy

Post by ReservedEnthusiast » Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:16 am

blueflinch wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:30 pm
Speedoaddict wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:31 pm
Ask Archie Andrews ...
The guy they cast as Archie is so hot. Best-looking redhead on TV. And them wrestling scenes ... :twisted:
KJ Apa. One of the hottest guys to walk the earth!

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:28 am

There's a good article on wrestling in the latest DNA magazine (issue 242) for Aussie readers and overseas readers who can get it online. Kind of talks about the erotic undertones of the sport and the outfits. :P

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:16 pm

Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:55 am
Bike shorts have got padding for your gooch.
Thanks, Sam, for teaching me a new word. Gooch. Sounds a bit rude and the body part it describes is undoubtedly rude. I'm gonna try to squeeze it into everyday conversation as often as I can: "Hey, man. My gooch is sweaty!" :lol:

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:51 pm

What can I say? Wrestling the old fashioned way.
Attachments
48838ABC-92D5-4841-85CB-EB44AA053E4D.jpeg
48838ABC-92D5-4841-85CB-EB44AA053E4D.jpeg (50.78 KiB) Viewed 6791 times

Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:33 pm

blueflinch wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:16 pm
Thanks, Sam, for teaching me a new word. Gooch. Sounds a bit rude and the body part it describes is undoubtedly rude. I'm gonna try to squeeze it into everyday conversation as often as I can: "Hey, man. My gooch is sweaty!" :lol:
:lol:
The bit between your balls and butt hole. :lol:

Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:34 pm

BJE wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:51 pm
What can I say? Wrestling the old fashioned way.
Have to be the ancient Greeks there! :lol:

MrMusik
United States of America

Post by MrMusik » Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:26 pm

Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:33 pm
blueflinch wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:16 pm
:lol:
The bit between your balls and butt hole. :lol:
A.K.A. your taint... Tain't your balls, and tain't your butthole. LoL!!!